Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Interviews, jobs & sponsorship
Reload this Page >

Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Interviews, jobs & sponsorship The forum where interviews, job offers and selection criteria can be discussed and exchanged.

Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Old 17th May 2019, 11:48
  #8801 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Dublin
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by swarm View Post
I said that they stopped hiring FO's but for Direct Entry (some DE might get through still but not many DEFO), they still hiring cadets but as I wrote in previous post it has been slowing down now. When the MAX gets back on service they will start hiring on big numbers again.
Cadet recruitment is certainly not slowing down and direct entry FO recruitment is open, we have front loaded our recruitment for summer 19 and recruited over 400 captains in the last 18 months as a result of airline bankruptcies etc, we also have very low attrition due to new t's and c's, local contracts and little hiring elsewhere. Not sure where you are getting your info from but this has absolutely nothing to do with aircraft deliveries. We will be hiring 1000 cadets over the next 18 months to keep up with growth/ command upgrades as we go from 455 aircraft this summer to 480 aircraft next year. Guys, if in doubt, please feel free to ask any questions so that you are not given misleading information...
Ryanairrecruitment is offline  
Old 17th May 2019, 14:45
  #8802 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 28
Someone 04/06 in Dublin?
Send a private message in case!

Good luck to all
Pertoni is offline  
Old 17th May 2019, 18:42
  #8803 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Poland
Posts: 5
This is more a terms and conditions question but do you get asked in the interview whether you wish to be employed or self employed contractor or is it first asked if you pass the assessment? Because I wondered if you can be self employed and bonded or do you need to pay the whole type rating in case you wish to be self employed?

I do also wonder if it is possible to go from employed to self employed if you change bases, because for example in nations where you have some strange Ireland schemes its maybe not so beneficial to be self employed (I do not know its very complicated and touches national law of Ireland + the national law of the nation where you will be based) but getting a base in Poland with the Ryan Air Sun Polish self employment model it is very beneficial and give a lot more netto salary without any problems with the tax law. Because I believe even when passing the assessment its not like you can choose a base for example in Poland so I wonder what would happen if someone gets a random base and based upon this chooses to be employed and then bid for a base change to Poland and wish to be self employed instead after getting the base and what happens with the type rating cost etc. or is it even possible to do it like this?

Does anyone know anything about it and when in case is the proper moment to ask Ryanair about this (just not to make it the main subject at the interview because maybe the interviewers will not like it that the main subject is the base&employment and not flying) or do you get asked about it during the interview?
KT1988 is offline  
Old 17th May 2019, 23:44
  #8804 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Poland
Posts: 5
@marotti84: Oh ok so now every cadet have to be employed no chance for contract? And you have to work in some foreign base until you are experienced enough to get Ryan Air Sun? Because from what I heard all Ryanair operations from Poland are Ryan Air Sun. So its like no more bases in Poland with Ryanair until you got experience ? Experienced FO is like 1500 hours flying for Ryanair (almost 2 years if they still give the possibility of 900 flying hours per year)? Do you need another assessment then or is it just base change to Ryan Air Sun or Buzz as it will be called?

PS. Here it looks that they also accept cadets there is even a payscale per blockhour from cadet to Captain if https://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/Ryanair_Sun are giving the real info. I just get confused I believed cadets could also apply for base in Poland and get it before they are 1500 hrs+ experienced. But maybe I got something wrong. Capt base 164,5€/SBH before taxFO top 83,5€/SBH before tax (1500 hrs+)FO base 78,5€/SBH before tax (500-1500hrs) SO top 63,5€/SBH before tax (below 500hrs) SO base 43,5€/SBH before tax (cadet). If it is as I understand per block hour then Ryanair have absolutely superb terms and conditions for self employed pilots in Poland, but I still wonder if cadets can apply for that or first when you are 1500 hrs+ at Ryanair.

Last edited by KT1988; 18th May 2019 at 00:03.
KT1988 is offline  
Old 20th May 2019, 10:54
  #8805 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Dublin
Posts: 19
for Ryanair Sun (Buzz) it is the same Ryanair application as normal. after your training contract has finished, you could be offered a Ryanair Sun base, ie in Poland.
Ryanairrecruitment is offline  
Old 21st May 2019, 01:04
  #8806 (permalink)  
RotorHead
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,007
So who's currently going through this program?

https://afta.ie/mentorship-ryanair/
206Fan is offline  
Old 21st May 2019, 13:15
  #8807 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: London
Posts: 3
anyone interested in going to Simtech Dublin 737-800 on the 03rd of June? PM me if interested. Thanks
yrabat02 is offline  
Old 27th May 2019, 12:47
  #8808 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Israel
Posts: 14
Hi

A question regarding for the demand for Flight school report.

I've did my CPL in one ATO and than the IR in a second ATO.

I have a flight school report with recommendation from the second ATO.

I've asked the ATO in which I did the CPL to write me a flight school report, they wanted 50 EUR for that but already 5 months passed and no report. Everytime they say "we will complete it soon" (or don't answer at all). I talked to the school marketing manager and to the flight examiner with which I passed the CPL skill test, even them couldn't yet make the Head of Training find few minutes of his time to write the report...

Do you think I can still apply to Ryanair with the ATPL theory certificate (average 94 all first pass), and the flight school report from the IR and MCC? Or without flight school report for CPL I will be automatically rejected?

Thanks,
Donatelo is offline  
Old 27th May 2019, 13:07
  #8809 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Elsewhere
Posts: 114
Originally Posted by Donatelo View Post
Hi

A question regarding for the demand for Flight school report.

I've did my CPL in one ATO and than the IR in a second ATO.

I have a flight school report with recommendation from the second ATO.

I've asked the ATO in which I did the CPL to write me a flight school report, they wanted 50 EUR for that but already 5 months passed and no report. Everytime they say "we will complete it soon" (or don't answer at all). I talked to the school marketing manager and to the flight examiner with which I passed the CPL skill test, even them couldn't yet make the Head of Training find few minutes of his time to write the report...

Do you think I can still apply to Ryanair with the ATPL theory certificate (average 94 all first pass), and the flight school report from the IR and MCC? Or without flight school report for CPL I will be automatically rejected?

Thanks,
I had the same situation and I pushed the previous ATO to send me the report.
I think you can try to apply even with the latest report, even if having both is the best thing.
Pinuz89 is offline  
Old 27th May 2019, 13:13
  #8810 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Israel
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by Pinuz89 View Post
I had the same situation and I pushed the previous ATO to send me the report.
I think you can try to apply even with the latest report, even if having both is the best thing.
I'm pushing.. Even the flight examiner is trying to help me (I have the skill test report with good remarks ), but what can I do more? Time is going and I need to think on the worst case scenario...
Donatelo is offline  
Old 27th May 2019, 13:16
  #8811 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Clouds
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by Donatelo View Post
I'm pushing.. Even the flight examiner is trying to help me (I have the skill test report with good remarks ), but what can I do more? Time is going and I need to think on the worst case scenario...
submit your application. They will let you know if it doesnt suffice. Happened to me, they emailed me asking to make changes to my report and let them know when I have updated the document on the CAE portal. You can also attach a supporting document to your IR report stating the reason why you are unable to supply your CPL report.
Pal33 is offline  
Old 27th May 2019, 13:22
  #8812 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Israel
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by Pal33 View Post


submit your application. They will let you know if it doesnt suffice. Happened to me, they emailed me asking to make changes to my report and let them know when I have updated the document on the CAE portal. You can also attach a supporting document to your IR report stating the reason why you are unable to supply your CPL report.
I send you PM Thanks
Donatelo is offline  
Old 28th May 2019, 02:27
  #8813 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Portugal
Posts: 24
are they still calling for cadets?
todisflying is online now  
Old 28th May 2019, 08:44
  #8814 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Tenerife
Posts: 1
Yes, they are.
Nesttor77 is offline  
Old 28th May 2019, 09:54
  #8815 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Italy
Age: 28
Posts: 45
Applied more than one month ago and still no answer(cadet..)
magic91 is offline  
Old 28th May 2019, 20:45
  #8816 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Portugal
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by magic91 View Post
Applied more than one month ago and still no answer(cadet..)
it seems that they are not hiring as before so
todisflying is online now  
Old 31st May 2019, 13:58
  #8817 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Rome
Posts: 4
Ryanair application

Hi guys, I would like to have an advice from you all.

I’ve heard that the Ryanair recruitment process is slowing down.
Is that true? Should we wait a bit more before to send our application?
A reply would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance!

AlexFinelli is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2019, 00:04
  #8818 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Prague
Posts: 13
My friend sent application via CAE website this week and next day he was invited for online assessment.
ddaveid is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2019, 01:51
  #8819 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Rome
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by ddaveid View Post
My friend sent application via CAE website this week and next day he was invited for online assessment.
Thanks a lot ddaveid for your reply!
I am absolutely sure that they’re going to call you but I am not pretty sure what’s going on there in Dublin.
Anyway if you have some news about the pre-assessment online result of your friend, we’re here!
Thanks again.
All the best


AlexFinelli is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2019, 09:49
  #8820 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 28
Also me, when I applied the email for the online assessment arrived almost immediately. Is really strange, I wonder which are the criteria!
Pertoni is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.