PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Fragrant Harbour (https://www.pprune.org/fragrant-harbour-19/)
-   -   Hong Kong Airlines Update? (https://www.pprune.org/fragrant-harbour/647354-hong-kong-airlines-update.html)

Redwhiteblue 20th Jun 2022 12:48

Hong Kong Airlines Update?
 
Any update on the state of affairs at HX? Will they manage to pull thu this?

NotHere 20th Jun 2022 14:57

Looking good as most of us are back flying on A320.

Papa123 22nd Jun 2022 03:55


Originally Posted by NotHere (Post 11249122)
Looking good as most of us are back flying on A320.

eh, looking good? Please. Elaborate.

veryoldchinahand 22nd Jun 2022 05:30

Almost extinct with only 9 aircraft (possibly 10) currently in service
9 X A330
1 (possibly 2) A320
Parent bankrupt, most staff fired, few bookings
A tiny mismanaged ever loss making airline with little future

Silent Treatment 22nd Jun 2022 06:18


Originally Posted by veryoldchinahand (Post 11249869)
Almost extinct with only 9 aircraft (possibly 10) currently in service
9 X A330
1 (possibly 2) A320
Parent bankrupt, most staff fired, few bookings
A tiny mismanaged ever loss making airline with little future

...but looking good

jimsmitty01 22nd Jun 2022 09:17

Merger with GBA?

MENELAUS 22nd Jun 2022 10:49


Originally Posted by Silent Treatment (Post 11249878)
...but looking good


As opposed to an airline that is at 10% of former schedule, is haemhorraging pilots as if there’s no tomorrow, trapped in an antediluvian covid regimen, and is so saddled with debt that it will never turn a profit again. ?

bonzaboy 23rd Jun 2022 08:57


Originally Posted by MENELAUS (Post 11249997)
As opposed to an airline that is at 10% of former schedule, is haemhorraging pilots as if there’s no tomorrow, trapped in an antediluvian covid regimen, and is so saddled with debt that it will never turn a profit again. ?

And what happened to the DFO?

Bokpiel 23rd Jun 2022 17:07


Originally Posted by MENELAUS (Post 11249997)
As opposed to an airline that is at 10% of former schedule, is haemhorraging pilots as if there’s no tomorrow, trapped in an antediluvian covid regimen, and is so saddled with debt that it will never turn a profit again. ?

And your point is? Was anyone talking about them? Stick to the topic.

MENELAUS 23rd Jun 2022 19:47


Originally Posted by Bokpiel (Post 11250614)
And your point is? Was anyone talking about them? Stick to the topic.

My point was that VOCD was describing how badly run HKA was compared to the crowd over the road. Who are currently a shadow of their former selves, and hardly to be held up as a role model.
Thanks for the gratuitous advice however.

Redwhiteblue 4th Jul 2022 12:28

Whatever happened to this:

An Irish company last Friday (Mar 4) filed a petition to the High Court, asking it to wind up Hong Kong Airlines. The hearing has been scheduled on May 11.

According to the Judiciary's website, the petition was filed by Stellar Aircraft Holding 1 Ltd, a company based in Dublin, and listed Hong Kong Airlines Ltd as the respondent on the writ.

Donblock 4th Jul 2022 14:33


Originally Posted by bonzaboy (Post 11250390)
And what happened to the DFO?

still pretty hopeless. Dun care for anyone

Sea Eggs 4th Jul 2022 21:26


Originally Posted by Redwhiteblue (Post 11256048)
Whatever happened to this:

An Irish company last Friday (Mar 4) filed a petition to the High Court, asking it to wind up Hong Kong Airlines. The hearing has been scheduled on May 11.

Is it a wind up or wind down?


All times are GMT. The time now is 00:57.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.