PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Fragrant Harbour (https://www.pprune.org/fragrant-harbour-19/)
-   -   DSS Resignation (https://www.pprune.org/fragrant-harbour/617904-dss-resignation.html)

NoAndThen 1st Feb 2019 15:59

DSS Resignation
 
Where is it?

With this stinging rebuke of DSS, where is his resignation letter? He is completely out of his depth and absolutely the wrong man to lead the AOA if that is even what you want to call these past couple years. He has shown he is even more out of touch with the pilots than the DFO. How has this management pilot checker even been allowed to run the AOA in the first place? Change starts from within and it's long past time for him to go. With a 10 year escalation ban in this last offer that DSS wholeheartedly was trying to ram through, we were on the edge of the end of the HKAOA. Never before can CX management say they've ever been that close.

Step down now. An absolute disgrace.

mngmt mole 1st Feb 2019 19:41

Everyone. I completely disagreed with DSís aporoach. Even more so his recommendation. However, lets now give him a period of time to do the honorable thing. Lets all stop the name calling. We have bigger things to deal with. I believe DS will recognize heís lost his mandate to lead the AOA.

cxorcist 1st Feb 2019 20:02


Originally Posted by mngmt mole (Post 10377642)
Everyone. I completely disagreed with DSís aporoach. Even more so his recommendation. However, lets now give him a period of time to do the honorable thing. Lets all stop the name calling. We have bigger things to deal with. I believe DS will recognize heís lost his mandate to lead the AOA.

Agreed. There is no positive way forward for DSS except to resign. The same applies to the GC members whom supported this failed TA.

rhoshamboe 2nd Feb 2019 00:35

I voted no.If you clowns that are screaming for resignations aren't the first to put yourselves forward to lead or serve on the committee you will be displaying the same lack of backbone you accuse the GC of having. If you are not going to put your hand up, stop.

cxorcist 2nd Feb 2019 01:13


Originally Posted by rhoshamboe (Post 10377805)
I voted no.If you clowns that are screaming for resignations aren't the first to put yourselves forward to lead or serve on the committee you will be displaying the same lack of backbone you accuse the GC of having. If you are not going to put your hand up, stop.

This is a ridiculous comment. The membership deserves to have a GC that represents the membershipís interests. Only 21% of the membership approved of this deal, and yet the Chairman and 65% of the GC endorsed it. That is NOT proportional representation. And before you throw it at me, Iíve done several years on the GC in the last decade, and Iíve never been a part of a failed TA, or even a close one.

rhoshamboe 2nd Feb 2019 01:45

You're right. Although I still stand by it, that post was more emotive than rational. I agree that the membership do deserve a GC that represent their interests, and I think you would be hard pressed to find one GC member that thought they were doing anything other than that.
The membership has spoken rather emphatically. In my opinion, seeing whether the GC take that on board and pivot accordingly before conducting a wholesale lynching makes a lot more sense.
To be honest I don't think it's something you'll need to worry about. After the vitriol being levelled at the GC and NC now I'm not sure they'll want to continue. I hope we don't find ourselves in the same position as the company, having trainers who really shouldn't be there only because no-one suited to the job will do it.

ACMS 2nd Feb 2019 01:52

The way you guys carry on you’re lucky anyone bothers to represent you at all.

Walk the walk....

Samsonite 2nd Feb 2019 02:43

Yes totally agree with ACM... Who would want to represent a bunch of people who won't back anything up but want industrial action and then go on a whitch hunt after the ones that do represent. They brought you what they could get off the table, don't blame them.. Be very nervous about the loud people who talk a big game but have never done a good thing for the HKAOA and say they can lead or represent.

Great so you voted it down, now what? ohh you are waiting for someone to hold your hand to the industrial confrontation. Good luck!!

snoop doggy dog 2nd Feb 2019 03:02

The training department is the first layer of management.

Anyone that is paid a little extra by the company, will do disproportionately more to help management than they are paid.

Union Busters 101.

SASD209 2nd Feb 2019 03:08


Originally Posted by Samsonite (Post 10377867)

Great so you voted it down, now what?


...And this is the great question and takeaway from this: what now?? Go ahead, I'll wait..

mngmt mole 2nd Feb 2019 05:01

.....oh, here we go...the inevitable lynchings. Everyone, stop, take a breath and regroup. Firstly, our membership has spoken. Let's at least wait for DS to respond with his formal statement. Most of us feel he isn't the right person to lead the AOA any further, but for heavens sake, I know him personally and he is a good and well-meaning person. He just badly misjudged the depth of resistance to the company's proposal. Let him (and the rest of the GC) recognise the level of their failing and then respond. We need others to rise up to the challenge, and forming a lynch mob is hardly the way to encourage new people to put their names forward. Let's give a decent interval for matters to simmer down and then let's see what results. Ultimately, DS and his group are a spent force, but I don't intend on seeing him and the others castigated for all time. No matter our feelings about the TA and their role in it's recent history, the GC and DS are still professional colleagues. They lost (rightly in my opinion), but now let's not gloat in their defeat. The same applies to the company. Give every party the opportunity to "save face". We will only ultimately lose if we regress to arrogance and smugness. I've seen enough of that from our management over the years, and it has always stuck me that that is the main reason they constantly miscalculate. Let's not emulate them. We have the moral high ground, let's not throw it away. Sit on your hands over the weekend and then let's enter next week with a new and righteous resolve to see this through to a successful end.

plainpilot11 2nd Feb 2019 05:25

I think itís more that it doesnít seem our leadership (DS) in the AOA thinks we have anything left to give, or fight with. Our leadership should show some determination. Some spine. Some guts. Some belief in its membership. Some hope. And thatís the troubling part. He just doesnít.

okm 2nd Feb 2019 07:13

Bring back Rod.

Roy De Kantzow 2nd Feb 2019 08:36


Originally Posted by rhoshamboe (Post 10377805)
I voted no.If you clowns that are screaming for resignations aren't the first to put yourselves forward to lead or serve on the committee you will be displaying the same lack of backbone you accuse the GC of having. If you are not going to put your hand up, stop.

Complete nonsense.

Members pay good money to be in the HKAOA and have every right to criticise a leadership that isn't representative and isn't doing what is required.

Criticising doesn't mean a member immediately has to put their name forward to be on the GC. This argument makes no sense. When we criticise politicians, we don't immediately say 'OK you run for Prime Minister then'.

Ridiculous POV.

unitedabx 2nd Feb 2019 09:33


Originally Posted by mngmt mole (Post 10377642)
Everyone. I completely disagreed with DSís aporoach. Even more so his recommendation. However, lets now give him a period of time to do the honorable thing. Lets all stop the name calling. We have bigger things to deal with. I believe DS will recognize heís lost his mandate to lead the AOA.

Resignation letter in on Monday morning or kick him out at lunchtime. GC too.

broadband circuit 2nd Feb 2019 13:13


Bring back Rod.
Be careful what you wish for.

You may like his politics and industrial direction, however ask some of the people who were either GC members or SMEs during his tenure about his leadership style.

unitedabx 2nd Feb 2019 15:56


Originally Posted by broadband circuit (Post 10378222)


Be careful what you wish for.

You may like his politics and industrial direction, however ask some of the people who were either GC members or SMEs during his tenure about his leadership style.

At least he showed leadership. DS shows nothing but self interest. Kick him OUT.

Frogman1484 2nd Feb 2019 16:13


Originally Posted by unitedabx (Post 10378331)
At least he showed leadership. DS shows nothing but self interest. Kick him OUT.

Stalin also showed leadership...we do not want Rod back!

Samsonite 2nd Feb 2019 17:23

Oh thats a good idea, Vote Rod back, the guy who basically trashed Cos16 because he didn't understand half the stuff in it. Funny how people forget how he dropped the ball on the best deal we had been offered in years.

spleener 3rd Feb 2019 00:14


Originally Posted by mngmt mole (Post 10377907)
.....oh, here we go...the inevitable lynchings. Everyone, stop, take a breath and regroup. Firstly, our membership has spoken. Let's at least wait for DS to respond with his formal statement. Most of us feel he isn't the right person to lead the AOA any further, but for heavens sake, I know him personally and he is a good and well-meaning person. He just badly misjudged the depth of resistance to the company's proposal. Let him (and the rest of the GC) recognise the level of their failing and then respond. We need others to rise up to the challenge, and forming a lynch mob is hardly the way to encourage new people to put their names forward. Let's give a decent interval for matters to simmer down and then let's see what results. Ultimately, DS and his group are a spent force, but I don't intend on seeing him and the others castigated for all time. No matter our feelings about the TA and their role in it's recent history, the GC and DS are still professional colleagues. They lost (rightly in my opinion), but now let's not gloat in their defeat. The same applies to the company. Give every party the opportunity to "save face". We will only ultimately lose if we regress to arrogance and smugness. I've seen enough of that from our management over the years, and it has always stuck me that that is the main reason they constantly miscalculate. Let's not emulate them. We have the moral high ground, let's not throw it away. Sit on your hands over the weekend and then let's enter next week with a new and righteous resolve to see this through to a successful end.


+1.
This is not a time for playing into the company's hands. Stay cool, allow due process, and keep the lynching hysteria for the bar.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:11.


Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.