Fragrant Harbour A forum for the large number of pilots (expats and locals) based with the various airlines in Hong Kong. Air Traffic Controllers are also warmly welcomed into the forum.

SILENCE

Old 3rd May 2020, 12:39
  #61 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 466
A keen observer may well note that BA have stepped back from the statement of intent. Apart from a not too numerous illegalities in contract law combined with local MP’s feeling electoral pressure may be cause for the rethink, or was the intent to frighten Downing Street into action in the first instance without ever resorting to the scorched earth intent?
I’ve been wrong before, I’ll be wrong again but you be the judge after the announcements to follow.
Thinking what is the end game may well lead you to the answer.
Unfortunately a trait possessed by the few as opposed to the many.
fire wall is offline  
Old 3rd May 2020, 13:48
  #62 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Hong Kong, SAR.
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by fire wall View Post
A keen observer may well note that BA have stepped back from the statement of intent. Apart from a not too numerous illegalities in contract law combined with local MPís feeling electoral pressure may be cause for the rethink, or was the intent to frighten Downing Street into action in the first instance without ever resorting to the scorched earth intent?
Iíve been wrong before, Iíll be wrong again but you be the judge after the announcements to follow.
Thinking what is the end game may well lead you to the answer.
Unfortunately a trait possessed by the few as opposed to the many.

thank you, food for though.
Oasis is offline  
Old 3rd May 2020, 16:12
  #63 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Posts: 813
Firewall. A good synopsis of what is likely happening in the UK. I would however suggest that CX will elect to attack our pay and benefits. We'll know soon enough.
mngmt mole is offline  
Old 4th May 2020, 17:55
  #64 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: HK-CRoC
Posts: 589
Not So Silent

The US Dow is tanking at this very moment due to a annual Corporate Shareholder Meeting by Berkshire Hathaway (i.e Warren Buffet) who IS NOT being silent.. Literally everyone in the world listens to this guy and react to his moves.
His big move today - selling his entire holdings in the 4 largest US Airlines and, after being pressed on this, indicated that getting into this sector in the future - share purchasers should use extreme caution (caveat emptor) !!!

Flex88 is offline  
Old 4th May 2020, 18:29
  #65 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: hong kong
Posts: 91
Yup he is very smart , sell the airline shares first to recover as much money as you can . Then go on TV and tell the world that airlines are a terrible stock to hold , the stock prices tank and Berkshire then has the opportunity to buy them back at pennies on the dollar , that’s how you get rich
cannot is offline  
Old 4th May 2020, 18:30
  #66 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Rockytop, Tennessee, USA
Posts: 5,660
Originally Posted by Flex88 View Post
The US Dow is tanking at this very moment due to a annual Corporate Shareholder Meeting by Berkshire Hathaway (i.e Warren Buffet) who IS NOT being silent.. Literally everyone in the world listens to this guy and react to his moves.
His big move today - selling his entire holdings in the 4 largest US Airlines and, after being pressed on this, indicated that getting into this sector in the future - share purchasers should use extreme caution (caveat emptor) !!!
Not the first time he's sworn off airline stocks, see:

Warren Buffett sells $6 billion in airline stock
Airbubba is online now  
Old 4th May 2020, 18:36
  #67 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Polar Route
Posts: 2,009
Originally Posted by Airbubba View Post
Not the first time he's sworn off airline stocks, see:

Warren Buffett sells $6 billion in airline stock
Airline stocks are for trading, not for long term investments.
cxorcist is offline  
Old 5th May 2020, 02:25
  #68 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nippi
Posts: 236
Try not to let the grandfather like appearance of ole Warren fool you. He would burn your family down if you blocked his view.
DropKnee is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.