Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Fragrant Harbour
Reload this Page >

KA Pilots Offered Pay Rise For MFF

Fragrant Harbour A forum for the large number of pilots (expats and locals) based with the various airlines in Hong Kong. Air Traffic Controllers are also warmly welcomed into the forum.

KA Pilots Offered Pay Rise For MFF

Old 15th Jul 2019, 17:33
  #21 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by Gnadenburg View Post
Really? The last sentence is deplorable and presents a bigoted simpleton, needing elemental black and white rationalisations of the world around them.

Commonly, pilots retire in their own countries in similar circumstances. That is, divorced, bitter and with broken spirit. Needing two race references in the one sentence says more about the person and their own failures as an expatriate.





Don't be a mug ! Do you really think its acceptable to refer to your colleagues' kids as half castes in this day and age?

Well said!
AllWobbly is offline  
Old 15th Jul 2019, 19:50
  #22 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 338
A lot of the Asian Girls are so much prettier and nicer than their European counterparts . As for the children of European / Asian mix I always think of them as hybrids in that they seem to inherit the best of both nationalities and are usually the best looking people in the room .
oriental flyer is offline  
Old 17th Jul 2019, 09:18
  #23 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Namibia
Age: 35
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by oriental flyer View Post
A lot of the Asian Girls are so much prettier and nicer than their European counterparts . As for the children of European / Asian mix I always think of them as hybrids in that they seem to inherit the best of both nationalities and are usually the best looking people in the room .
Best comment so far in this forum!!!!!
CU-APA is offline  
Old 22nd Jul 2019, 04:17
  #24 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: china
Age: 49
Posts: 66
Originally Posted by Gnadenburg View Post
Really? The last sentence is deplorable and presents a bigoted simpleton, needing elemental black and white rationalisations of the world around them.

Don't be a mug ! Do you really think its acceptable to refer to your colleagues' kids as half castes in this day and age?
Gangen, don’t display your ignorance through a vested interest in self supporting and justifying your own position in the Hong Kong community.

Halfcaste : OED: a contemptuous term used to refer to a person descended from parents of two different social strata.
Its still a word that is used, and is not rascist. You my friend are jumping to conclusions with too many assumptions.

There are an abundance of well educated, successful and socially available white pilots in Hong Kong, who choose, for whatever reason, to select partners from a different social , cultural and more importantly educational social strata.
There are many reasons to drift into this position. Asian women for example, of philippino or indonesian origin, are ultimately subservient and are tolerant of the incredible age differences that exist between older white pilots and their asian spouses.
Show me an example of an Asian man, who has a 20 year younger caucasian wife? Yep, never happens.

Again, these poor workers, who arrive in Hong Kong, as we all did, for opportunity. Opportunity to better themselves. To earn high salaries. If this also means meeting an older divorcee , who can provide for them, then so be it. I know one former DH who still calls her hubby “sir”.

In Asia, You are not marrying the girl, you are marring into the family. Alot of guys don’t realise this. If this “yellow fever “ floats your boat, then so be it. Good luck with that provident fund in your retirement.




kahaha is offline  
Old 22nd Jul 2019, 07:58
  #25 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: hk
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by kahaha View Post


Gangen, don’t display your ignorance through a vested interest in self supporting and justifying your own position in the Hong Kong community.

Halfcaste : OED: a contemptuous term used to refer to a person descended from parents of two different social strata.
Its still a word that is used, and is not rascist. You my friend are jumping to conclusions with too many assumptions.

There are an abundance of well educated, successful and socially available white pilots in Hong Kong, who choose, for whatever reason, to select partners from a different social , cultural and more importantly educational social strata.
There are many reasons to drift into this position. Asian women for example, of philippino or indonesian origin, are ultimately subservient and are tolerant of the incredible age differences that exist between older white pilots and their asian spouses.
Show me an example of an Asian man, who has a 20 year younger caucasian wife? Yep, never happens.

Again, these poor workers, who arrive in Hong Kong, as we all did, for opportunity. Opportunity to better themselves. To earn high salaries. If this also means meeting an older divorcee , who can provide for them, then so be it. I know one former DH who still calls her hubby “sir”.

In Asia, You are not marrying the girl, you are marring into the family. Alot of guys don’t realise this. If this “yellow fever “ floats your boat, then so be it. Good luck with that provident fund in your retirement.





best post on PPRuNe, BOOM, mic drop.


​​​​​​Gnadenburg, let me guess, lefty liberal, married an asian!
illtellyouhowitis is offline  
Old 22nd Jul 2019, 09:10
  #26 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Eden Valley
Posts: 1,733
Originally Posted by kahaha View Post


Gangen, don’t display your ignorance through a vested interest in self supporting and justifying your own position in the Hong Kong community.

Halfcaste : OED: a contemptuous term used to refer to a person descended from parents of two different social strata.
Its still a word that is used, and is not rascist. You my friend are jumping to conclusions with too many assumptions.

There are an abundance of well educated, successful and socially available white pilots in Hong Kong, who choose, for whatever reason, to select partners from a different social , cultural and more importantly educational social strata.
There are many reasons to drift into this position. Asian women for example, of philippino or indonesian origin, are ultimately subservient and are tolerant of the incredible age differences that exist between older white pilots and their asian spouses.
Show me an example of an Asian man, who has a 20 year younger caucasian wife? Yep, never happens.

Again, these poor workers, who arrive in Hong Kong, as we all did, for opportunity. Opportunity to better themselves. To earn high salaries. If this also means meeting an older divorcee , who can provide for them, then so be it. I know one former DH who still calls her hubby “sir”.

In Asia, You are not marrying the girl, you are marring into the family. Alot of guys don’t realise this. If this “yellow fever “ floats your boat, then so be it. Good luck with that provident fund in your retirement.











Another silly post.

I'm not justifying any position in Hong Kong. Actually, as I made clear in my original post, folks like yourself are dreary simpletons that, in many respects, the rest of us pay for. It's your low EQ, and that of a percentage of the pilot ranks, that has all the HR inclusiveness forced upon. Even signing on, there's the billboard of a couple of odd looking blokes, holding hands, as if in a suicide pact. It's dicks like you whom lack a metered decency that are catalysts for the gut-churning excesses of the HR types.

Half-caste by definition can be taken in offence. Try it out. Call your colleagues of mixed ethnicity half castes. Your cabin crew of mixed descent. Call them half-castes. I mean the cabin crew, with ESL, have a decency to refer to their colleagues as "mixed". Try it out on a burly FO, Dad to mixed race children. Call his kids half-castes. Or KA managers, many who have mixed race children. Ask them how their half-caste kids are going. Or talk about their yellow fever. Raise the issue professionally, in joint CRM classes.

You're brave on keyboard but you won't last long in the job brandishing this sort of crap around. And that's it though. We probably don't hear a peep from you at work.

In Hong Kong, many westerners are married to Asian women who are successful, highly educated ( more so than pilot hubby ) or wealthy in their own right. Or hard working in their own professions. Or their parents are incredibly wealthy.

And so what for the rest of your unsophisticated observations? The world's probably a better place for it but you've tried to drive it home as some sort of depressing failure. Again, says more about you.


illtellyouhowitis

I'm guessing this one of your better 20 PPRuNe posts?

Last edited by Gnadenburg; 22nd Jul 2019 at 11:38.
Gnadenburg is online now  
Old 22nd Jul 2019, 12:05
  #27 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: hk
Posts: 22
Yes, I think it is!
illtellyouhowitis is offline  
Old 24th Jul 2019, 12:16
  #28 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: uk
Posts: 450
Originally Posted by illtellyouhowitis View Post
Yes, I think it is!
In a world where communication devices are everywhere it is incredible how messages go off piste and taken up by the permanently offended. No one is racist or bigoted here and I am sure would not want to be. As an expat in HK, yes in the good ol’ CX days of Kai Tak and A scale an overtly racist attitude would not go down well, even in the 1980s. Similar flawed logic is to assume that Brit / Aussi pilots that married Asian, probably cabin crew would or could not have beautiful and smart progeny. However it is a fact of life that many a CX pilot despite the spectacular income did not succeed due to poor financial management and one too many marital adventures. Personally, I invested in Carlsberg. Hence the poignancy. For Gods sake lighten up, it is such a weak argument to continue to accuse the well meaning of racism or bigotry when life is rarely so black and white if you excuse the pun. By the way glad MFF is abandoned, not a good idea. Cheers.
olster is offline  
Old 24th Jul 2019, 13:45
  #29 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: hk
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by olster View Post

In a world where communication devices are everywhere it is incredible how messages go off piste and taken up by the permanently offended. No one is racist or bigoted here and I am sure would not want to be. As an expat in HK, yes in the good ol’ CX days of Kai Tak and A scale an overtly racist attitude would not go down well, even in the 1980s. Similar flawed logic is to assume that Brit / Aussi pilots that married Asian, probably cabin crew would or could not have beautiful and smart progeny. However it is a fact of life that many a CX pilot despite the spectacular income did not succeed due to poor financial management and one too many marital adventures. Personally, I invested in Carlsberg. Hence the poignancy. For Gods sake lighten up, it is such a weak argument to continue to accuse the well meaning of racism or bigotry when life is rarely so black and white if you excuse the pun. By the way glad MFF is abandoned, not a good idea. Cheers.

I personally can't stand the world we live in where everyone seems to be offended by the slightest comment etc. The RACIST word gets thrown about like a cricket ball, pathetic, for god sake, lighten up.
illtellyouhowitis is offline  
Old 25th Jul 2019, 00:06
  #30 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Eden Valley
Posts: 1,733
Racism wasn't mentioned at all. Decency was.

I thought the post appalling, ignorant and disrespectful and I'm not in the PC brigade.

"​​​​​​Gnadenburg, let me guess, lefty liberal, married an asian!"

That's a good example of bigotry.
Gnadenburg is online now  
Old 25th Jul 2019, 00:08
  #31 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Eden Valley
Posts: 1,733
And back to MFF, the cheapest Charlies in aviation, would have to be the five KA guys who voted for the original 1% with MFF. Who were these guys? They weren't our DPA manager members. Im sure they voted against. Public and private positions would be very different .

Last edited by Gnadenburg; 25th Jul 2019 at 01:09.
Gnadenburg is online now  
Old 25th Jul 2019, 13:29
  #32 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Polar Route
Posts: 1,816
Originally Posted by Gnadenburg View Post
Racism wasn't mentioned at all. Decency was.

I thought the post appalling, ignorant and disrespectful and I'm not in the PC brigade.

"​​​​​​Gnadenburg, let me guess, lefty liberal, married an asian!"

That's a good example of bigotry.
Saving “Racism” for later, but “bigotry” rolls off the tongue quite easily. What’s next, deplorables? Name calling doesn’t accomplish anything productive. You’re smart enough to know that. Argue content instead...
cxorcist is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.