Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Misc. Forums > Airlines, Airports & Routes
Reload this Page >

Man Air - New UK Longhaul Airline

Wikiposts
Search
Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Man Air - New UK Longhaul Airline

Search this Thread

Old 20th Jun 2003, 23:36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Man Air - New UK Longhaul Airline

Hi everyone,

Has anyone heard anything about a new long haul charter carrier that is planning to launch operations later this year from MAN - S. Africa and India? Provisionally named Man Air, apparently the name will change closer to the airline launching.

Anyone up in MAN heard any more about this company or these proposals?
Old 21st Jun 2003, 00:04

There isnt a lot of information available about MAN Air at the minute, they have no dedicated website or contact details to my knowledge.

All that is available is the fact that they want to launch flights to big cities across the Commonwealth, such as India and Africa, where there are strong links with Manchester, using a fleet of four aircraft either Boeing 767-300s or Airbus A330s in a 2-class configuration.
Old 23rd Jun 2003, 22:22

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Apparently this is something to do with the tour operator CT2 - formerly Club Travel 2000 - they are also allegedly going to start Med ops with a 757 next August
Old 23rd Jun 2003, 22:46

This gives more info

CT2
Old 26th Jun 2003, 02:55

Think they may be the company negotiating to buy / take over the Cougar Leasing AOC. 767s now not the rumoured DC10.
Old 26th Jun 2003, 03:09

I hope they buy it then maybe we will get some of the money Cougar owes us.Hope they don't take the management with it as it would not last long if they did !
Old 26th Jun 2003, 03:30

Stage Coach Driver, if the old management go over it could be a real low cost airline; especially if they don't pay the staff!

Wonderful! Can I invest some cash and become a director?
Old 26th Jun 2003, 23:14

Man Air (Jun26, 2003)

A new airline to be based at Manchester. Man Air has filed an application for an Air Operators Licence is with the Civil Aviation Authority. If approved the airline will start service with a Boeing 767-300 in Nov03 on routes to Alicante, Lanzarote, Las Palmas, Malaga, Tenerife as well as Cape Town and Durban.
Old 29th Jun 2003, 18:52

Wish them every sucess.

Hope they operate under their own AOC, and not get involved with that rumoured Cougar Leasing AOC.
Good luck.

Last edited by Hawk; 7th Jul 2003 at 11:24.
Old 30th Jun 2003, 22:34

I believe an ex Sabre Airways Director was employed by CT2 fairly recently with a special projects role. He is well experienced in the airline management arena.
Old 1st Jul 2003, 07:02

Does anyone know when they will be recruiting cabin crew?

Any contacts/address would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
Old 4th Jul 2003, 02:19

Man Air definately in talks with Cougar Leasing about their AOC. Understand that a Mr Joe Forster is involved but don't know if he is going to be one of the directors.

Thunderbird, suggest you call Mr Forster at Cougar Leasing. Don't have their number, but they are in Raynham Road, Bishops Stortford, Herts. Good luck.
Old 4th Jul 2003, 06:08

Terrier

It will be another attempt like COUGAR had at getting a 757 last year. Shambles.....

Last edited by Hawk; 5th Jul 2003 at 14:20.
Old 4th Jul 2003, 18:55

I'm sure this charter will do very well on the South African routes, especially due to the lack of capacity from the UK. I know BA & Virgin are always looking to increase their LHR-SAA services, and bmi have been snooping around at this market for sometime, but apparantly the South Africans won't allow more capacity until they can get more Heather slots for SA!

I just hope this charter doesn't result in their being less pressure on the need for more flights from London as that is what is really needed. As it is they won't be able to offer seat-only fares from what I understand.

For the European ones I would have thought there was already enough capacity out there with bmibaby, Monarch et al.
Old 5th Jul 2003, 02:32
flymeagain

Man-Air can offer flight only but have to include either one nights accom or three days car hire. The flight only price inc of taxes is £499. considering all the other airlines are charging £600-799 for the summer season, I know who I'd rather fly with. I enquired about going in mid nov, but the flights are full till mid Dec and full over Christmas, so their doing well so far as bookings are concerned. They are also offering "C" class seats for £200 extra per sector. Economy offer the usual 32in legroom and 46in in "C" (not bad for the cost) There is I.F.E. which is free but you do have to pay for drinks.

Old 6th Jul 2003, 07:26

Am 767 rated and would be very interested in a job with them. Anyone has a contact number for the Flight Operations Director Mr Joe Forster? Please message me.
Old 8th Jul 2003, 07:54
flymeagain

does anyone know how the flight and cabin crew will take there breaks on this? as I presume that there will be a heavy flight crew, but will there be bunks? don't know if they have that on the 767-300 er.

Old 23rd Jul 2003, 22:37

Smile Cabin Crew Recruitment

Does anyone have any more information on Cabin Crew recruitment for this new airline???
:-)
Old 1st Aug 2003, 01:05

Cabin Crew / Senior Recruitment

Interviews for Cabin Crew and Pursers (Seniors) have now been scheduled for next week.

The letter makes reference to AV8 Air.com

Who is this?

FYI, Cabin Services recruitment is going through Sally Jones Percival at +44 845 121 5003

Good Luck!
Old 1st Aug 2003, 05:19

Question

YYC F/A
Man-Air is no longer the name they will use.
The aircraft will be painted into an AV8 colour scheme.
One Boeing 757 which at the moment is going to be ex Air 2000 aircraft, if contract gets signed and the Boeing 767 will be on a wet lease from Icelandair.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.