Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Military Aviation
Reload this Page >

Now PAS & AFPRB are out.....

Wikiposts
Search
Military Aviation A forum for the professionals who fly military hardware. Also for the backroom boys and girls who support the flying and maintain the equipment, and without whom nothing would ever leave the ground. All armies, navies and air forces of the world equally welcome here.

Now PAS & AFPRB are out.....

Search this Thread

Old 7th Feb 2003, 15:56

Location: Allegedly resident in UK but usually found in a sandy tent
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Now PAS & AFPRB are out.....

Have seen Air Sec's January letter & enclosures, and AFPRB tome. PAS looks like a win/win/win situation, but being fully paid-up cynic am looking for the catch.

Neither document makes any mention of a gratuity; do we assume that it is part of the package, and at the extant rate of 3 x pension?

Does anyone know definitively whether there is a gratuity, or is this the catch Innsworth aren't telling us about??
Old 7th Feb 2003, 19:13

Caution Caption. NOT AS GOOD AS IT COULD BE!!!

The gratuity is possibly not the only thing that you will miss out on...

The FRI statement from last year clearly stated that it was only applicable if you were currently recieving flying pay. As PAS pay does not include flying pay I suspect the FRI does not apply to the PAS as well and that Innsworth are also keeping quiet about this one.

I will be speaking to PMA 34 on Monday to clarify the situation (as will a few others I suspect)

Will post a reply once I know more.
Old 13th Feb 2003, 09:13

Nav Attacking, Private message on this subject. Ta

MOG
Old 13th Feb 2003, 21:39

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Here's the reply received from PMA 34 regarding the terminal grant and commutation questions that we asked

.a. No change in rules for Terminal Grant (TG). The TG is 3 times the pension at retirement tax free regardless of TOS. Thus on the PAS, the pension would be SA FCP plus supplement based on daily rate for days on the PAS calculated at point of retirement. Multiply this total figure by 3 to get TG.

b. There are no change to commutation rules for those currently entitled.

NB: In case you haven't realised for your pay calculation the start point is the SA 2003 rate as announced last week (full details on the RAF MODWEB). If you choose PAS, assume that at 0001 on 1 Apr 03 you are on the 2003 SA level and at 0002 you move across to the PAS at the next level above. You will then subsequently move up a further level at your IDD (seniority as a flt lt date NOT SA transfer date). Those with IDDs in April will get 3 pay rises in April year if they transfer!