Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Non-Airline Forums > Private Flying
Reload this Page >

Come outside. Pippin the dogs aeroplane?

Wikiposts
Search
Private Flying LAA/BMAA/BGA/BPA The sheer pleasure of flight.

Come outside. Pippin the dogs aeroplane?

Search this Thread

Old 20th Jan 2003, 17:49
BRL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Come outside. Pippin the dogs aeroplane?

I have noticed that Pippin's aeroplane was a different one today. Thats two I have seen with different registrations. Both painted white with multi-coloured spots on them. Who's planes are these and do the beeb pay for them to be painted? Also, where are they based, who flys them ect? Any info would be great thanks..
P.E.
Old 20th Jan 2003, 18:29

BRL - I am also familiar with Pippin, his owner and their airbourne adventures (due to my 4 year old daughter - honest).

I have only noticed the same aircraft in all the episodes that I have seen - a Slingsby Firefly. I too am quite charmed by the paintscheme.

No idea where it is based. Do you think that is really Auntie Mable and Pippin in left & right seats?

Mr. W
Old 20th Jan 2003, 20:16

My 5yr old informs me that it is in fact the dog who flies the aeroplane, and Aunt Mable is the passenger - as the driver always sits on the right!
Old 20th Jan 2003, 21:16
BRL

Mr Wolfie. It is my 2 and a half year old daughter who watches it, I just turn it on for her. She just loves planes. Always looks up whenever she hears one, thats a good start I think.

It was defo a different plane today. I am not a spotter but the plane today had a reg starting with S and the other I am certain is different.

Of course its them in the seats..!!! How else does the plane fly, I mean, you always see them in the air don't you when Aunt Mable is looking around for a factory or something or other.... Clever dog is Pippin.... Almost better than Lassie.......
Old 21st Jan 2003, 02:06
Sir George Cayley

If you study the credits at the end you might catch sight of the pilots name.

Someone of the same name is a luminary of the BAeA.

As in some of the genuine air to air footage Aunty can be seen at the controls does this mean our hero likes to cross dress as well as cross control?

Sir George Cayley

The air is a navigable ocean that laps at everyones door

Old 21st Jan 2003, 09:30

Talking

The original T67 c was a oxford air training school aircraft i think it was G-BOCM the BBC had to pay for the aircraft to be resprayed as the stickers took the paint off !
Old 21st Jan 2003, 10:12

The one I remember seeing was G-RAFG owned by Arrow Flying Ltd.
GA
(My sister used to watch it, honest! )
Old 21st Jan 2003, 11:39

What day & time is this programme on, please?

Those of us who do not watch daytime, or childrens' TV, are feeling deprived of what is obviously a unique aviation experience
Old 21st Jan 2003, 11:55
FNG
Not so N, but still FG

I was about to ask BRL what he had been smoking, and where I could get some, when I tumbled to this being about some sort of daytime TV (but evidently much better than Ricki Lake). On this basis, I demand to know what super-STOL type Noddy is seen arriving at Toytown International in during the credits sequence of "Hooray for Noddy". Some sort of squished up Turbie, perhaps.
Old 21st Jan 2003, 11:59

Yes, in one series it was G-RAFG, a T67 which lives at Denham. You'll also find one of Auntie Mable's houses there, at the corner of the airfield. The spots were stickers and they did indeed cause some damage to the paintwork when removed!

I also know the pilot from that series and he did have to dress up in drag and operate an animatronic dog while flying .

All the shots where you can clearly see Auntie Mable herself were done on the ground.

It's on the CBeebies channel from time to time, currently 0745 1145 and 1545 daily. "Auntie Mabel and Pippin the dog explore the world around us on the ground, under the ground, and sometimes up in the air in Auntie's aeroplane."

M.
Old 21st Jan 2003, 16:58
BRL

Unhappy

Well, I missed it today. I did see a trailer though for Pippins show and two of the planes on there were BOCM and SFTZ.

All the shots where you can clearly see Auntie Mable herself were done on the ground.
Thats it now. I am devastated. I can't watch it the same now knowing this this. It worse than being told about father christmas and the tooth fairy.