Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies)
Reload this Page >

45 days security check required in the US

Wikiposts
Search
Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies) A forum for those on the steep path to that coveted professional licence. Whether studying for the written exams, training for the flight tests or building experience here's where you can hang out.

45 days security check required in the US

Search this Thread

Old 8th Jul 2002, 20:10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 45 days security check required in the US

Hi guys
Is there anyone who fully understand the situation regarding the 45 days security check required in the US for the training of pilots on an aircraft over 12500 lbs
I know that an allien is required to submit his details and must wait 45 days before his training is approved or not but I found some training centers saying it can be done and some other saying that the ATSA has not yet defined the way to screen the applicants and therefore an allien may not be trained in the US on aircraft over 12500 lbs at the present time ...
I would love to find someone who knows
Thanks
Old 9th Jul 2002, 11:21

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Try this.....

Flyingdog,

Check your personal messages.

Kenny
Old 9th Jul 2002, 12:09
VFE
Dancing with the devil, going with the flow... it's all a game to me.

Wink

Care to share?
Old 9th Jul 2002, 12:35

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry, wasn't trying to be "cloak and dagger" about things, just that I've posted already on this subject.

Anyway, for those that are intrested here's a reply I put to a post on a US version of Pprune.

"Fellas,

A month ago I interviewed and got offered a job with ACA. The only problem was, as an Australian with a Green Card, they couldn't give me a class date. So I've spent the last month finding out about this whole mess and here's what I've managed to learn:

In November of last year Congress passed a new law that effectively stopped the training of ALL foreign nationals on any A/C over 12,500lbs. However, in February this law was amended so that 4 specific groups of "Aliens" could train in an A/C over 12,500lbs. One of the groups was the following:

(1) Foreign nationals who are current and qualified as pilot in
command, second in command, or flight engineer with respective
certificates and ratings recognized by the United States for aircraft
with a maximum certificated takeoff weight of 12,500 pounds or more ie foreign type ratings.

At that time if you were in one of the 4 groups you could start training straight away, no security check.

This was amended yet again in June of this year, when it was realised that there are quite a few foreign nationals already employed with US carriers, who might just need to do re-currency training. So any foreign pilot already employed by a US carrier and flying an A/C over 12,500lbs was added to the group above. Although, you now have to through an "expedited" security check if you fall into this group.

This law covers ANY training in an A/C over 12,500lbs, doesn't matter if its for PIC or SIC.

If you don't fall into the above group, you have 2 options: Either you wait it out and hope that it doesn't take the 3-4 months I think it'll take for the "Full Security Check" to be put in place. OR Have a holiday and get a type rating overseas. Then you can come back here and you're eligable for the expedited check.

I wish I could be more positive but it's a mess and will probably stay that way for a while. If you want a reason to tear your hair out read this http://www.intl.faa.gov/28cfr105.pdf

Good Luck and if anyone wants anymore info, send me a PM"
Old 9th Jul 2002, 12:58
VFE
Dancing with the devil, going with the flow... it's all a game to me.

Thumbs up

Thanks Kenny.
Old 9th Jul 2002, 14:46

Thanks very much for your help Kenny !!!
very much appreciated
Old 9th Jul 2002, 16:29

There is a US version of PPRUNE? Anybody got a link? Could be helpful to me thanks

And thanks for the info!
Old 11th Jul 2002, 20:15
SpaceRanger

How about ... if I work for a European outfit, in a Learjet which only has simulators in the US. When I do proficiency checks, I have to go in a sim, the Sims are all in the US (with Simuflite and flightsafety) - do I have to book a time 4 months ahead then ? I am already current, but eventually I will need a recurrent !!!!
Old 11th Jul 2002, 21:17

no, you dont need a check if you are already qualified.