Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Ground & Other Ops Forums > ATC Issues
Reload this Page >

ATC SELECTION (arg!)

Wikiposts
Search
ATC Issues A place where pilots may enter the 'lions den' that is Air Traffic Control in complete safety and find out the answers to all those obscure topics which you always wanted to know the answer to but were afraid to ask.

ATC SELECTION (arg!)

Search this Thread

Old 19th May 2002, 14:49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ATC SELECTION (arg!)

Hey y'all, used to be a wanabee pilot until I realised there is no way I can get £48 k together, currently ground crew and wanting to get into ATC. Have passed RAF aptitudes for pilot selection a few years back and have a couple of ?s regarding ATC selection.

Are there any archive records of selection tests etc I can get hold of, or books I can buy to help?

What chances have I got after a few years of Nil Brain Activity!
Old 19th May 2002, 17:23

As long as the few years of brain activitiy does put you over the age of 28 (I think thats the cut off now) then you should be ok. Suggest you try the NATS website for more info. If you get a selection test with them they send you a reading list. Obviously there are other ATC providers to consider as well, but I'm sure those more knowledgable than myself can give you some pointers. Also you say you passed RAF pilot selection tests, have you considered then becoming a RAF controller? Whatever option you go for, good Luck
Old 19th May 2002, 22:08

Hi there,

try hitting the search button and typing in NATS SELECTION. There's is this one thread that contains a website link all about the sort of questions u'll get and answers most initial problems too! V.Good.

Most people say you can't pratice for the test, u can either do it or not! but you will need to refresh yourself on Fractions, remembering numbers and letters, and basic aviation knowledge, which you probably have.

Nats reckon you should pratice crosswords and puzzles, i think the best way to pratice is to invest in a good RAF Amptitude book and work through the questions, so in answer to your RAF bit, a quick fresher and you should be there!

good luck
Old 20th May 2002, 14:19

And Eurocontrol! Don't forget Eurocontrol!

Money as a trainee not as good as NATS, but final salary is better. I don't know anything about CATC or Bournemouth but I can assure you that INSTILUX is great, ATC is great, and there are still places available on Ab Initio 34 starting in August. And you're not too late for that, believe me...

http://www.eurocontrol.int/jobs/index.html
Old 21st May 2002, 09:33

The aforementioned web site is as follows

ATCO Selection

good luck
GW