Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Misc. Forums > Spectators Balcony (Spotters Corner)
Reload this Page >

There's low cost and low cost

Wikiposts
Search
Spectators Balcony (Spotters Corner) If you're not a professional pilot but want to discuss issues about the job, this is the best place to loiter. You won't be moved on by 'security' and there'll be plenty of experts to answer any questions.

Search this Thread

Old 8th Apr 2002, 05:03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have just come back from a week in the UK and experienced what I feel were two of the worst flights I have ever had. Normally, I look forward to and enjoy flying but having flown in from Germany, I was very definitely not looking forward to the return flight.

As I had not flown Ryanair from Frankfurt Hahn since they have built the new terminal and "improved the service" I thought it would be a good idea. Unfortunately, I was wrong...

Upon arriving at Hahn, all of the much advertised "free parking" spaces were taken. No room in the paid car park either. Ended up having to park on a patch of grass outside one of the former base buildings along with about a thousand other cars.

The landing at Stansted was appauling. Perhaps this is normal with Ryanair (anyone care to comment?) but the approach seemed considerably faster than normal and the landing felt like we had fallen from the sky.

I decided it was probably just a bad landing, so negotiated my way past the other white faced passengers and left the plane. Unfortunately, the experience was the same on the return flight. Lightning fast approach followed by the flight crew attempting to carve their initials on the runway.

Couple this with incredibly rude ground staff at Stansted, having to telephone Ryanair and be put on hold for 25 minutes at 1€ per minute when they change your booking a week before your flight, and finding you have a parking ticket when you get back all sum to make this a very unpleasant experience that is not worth repeating.

As far as my Wife and I are concerned the future is very definitely yellow!
Old 8th Apr 2002, 18:40

"Mildly" Eccentric Stardriver

Received 228 Likes on 68 Posts
Well, we of the yellow persuasion try to please, hope we never have cause to let you down.
Old 9th Apr 2002, 00:05

You pays your money you takes your choice. Next time fly BA.
Old 10th Apr 2002, 23:17

Thumbs up

As I'm feeling yellowish for some time now, I just love to hear that Ryanair succeeded in losing a customer to us! All the hard work does pay off in the end, hopefully.
Old 14th Apr 2002, 03:26

I can't see how bad landings can be related to being a low cost carrier, maybe they have a high crew turnover so experience may be lower than desired. As for the rest of it, I suppose operating from certain airports you have to put up with poor ground handling companies.