Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Ground & Other Ops Forums > ATC Issues
Reload this Page >

June / September courses

Wikiposts
Search
ATC Issues A place where pilots may enter the 'lions den' that is Air Traffic Control in complete safety and find out the answers to all those obscure topics which you always wanted to know the answer to but were afraid to ask.

June / September courses

Search this Thread

Old 12th Jan 2005, 10:42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
June / September courses

Hey, anyone likely to be starting in Bournemouth later this year?

I got a preliminary letter through saying I'd most likely be starting in June or September - course allocation being based on date of first application so probably September for me cos first applied in Feb '04.

Thought I'd start to find some others on here who might be on those courses. Any of you March guys who missed out due the whole all tower course thing heard anything? They say whether June / Septmeber might be all area?

I'm 23 and living in London at the mo' working for the wonderful civil service . From Southport originally as the name suggests and went to Sheffield and Loughborough unis (psychology / sports science). Be good to get to know some of you guys
Old 12th Jan 2005, 11:26

Afternoon Sandgrounder,
I got that same letter last week. Can't remember exactly when I first applied but I reckon it was about summer 2003. Hopefully that's early enough to scrape on to the June course - I've had enough waiting around since my acceptance last summer!

I'm travelling a bit further to join you guys - I've been working for an I.T. company in Belfast for the last 5 years and decided at the age of 27 it's finally time to pursue a career I really want.

Hopefully we'll hear from a few others new starts on this thread in the coming weeks. Just out of interest... are there any other new recruits from Northern Ireland out there?

Bye for now,
D
Old 12th Jan 2005, 11:44

Hello!

I got the successful email in November (applied August, first section September, second stage October)!

I've got my medical next week!

Email said to expect a late 2005 start date! How excited am I!!!

Maybe I'll see you there !

Winter
Old 12th Jan 2005, 12:36

I'm hoping for September, but would be equally pleased with June. I'm up in Glasgow managing a leisure centre, and have moved around a bit working in London and Barnsley. Cannot wait to get started and get it all official, but would be great to hear from some others.
Old 12th Jan 2005, 17:02
sla

I was a March bod, haven't heard anything further from recruitment about June. Anyway count yourselves lucky for getting a letter, all I've got is my 6 month old e-mail.

Looking forward to starting. See you there maybe.
Old 12th Jan 2005, 20:07

Hello,

I also got the letter from NATS last week, june/sept, was really pleased to here anything from them as all had gone quiet since the acceptance e-mail i got last sept. Still waiting to hear about medical etc tho!

I am 24, currently living in manchester but originally from north wales, have been working as a dispatcher for 5 years now MAN and itching to get started down in BOH.

Nice to meet some of my fellow new TATC's.

Taffy1
Old 15th Jan 2005, 07:03

Taffy, sorry to drift off topic but which handling agent are you working for? There's a couple of girls on our course (202, December) that were dispatchers at MAN.
Old 15th Jan 2005, 20:50

Dannyo

Was origanlly with Globeground, now Servisair/Globeground.

Taffy1
Old 9th Mar 2005, 12:10

Anyone else got the letter from NATS in the mail yesterday? It's good to finally get something in writing - I have been allocated to the June course. Who else has?

Can't wait to start!

p.
Old 9th Mar 2005, 17:43
sla

I'm in for June too. Anyone else hear anything?
Old 9th Mar 2005, 18:17

Hey folks,

I got letter yesterday too and I am on June course too. Thought that letter would never come through! Just looking forward to get started now and can finally put notice in for my current job!
Old 10th Mar 2005, 10:05

After the Lull

Got the same letter through about June. Now I'm just torn between actually getting excited about it and waiting for something to go wrong. Do we know if this is a full course? The NATS website has been saying there will be no courses until September for a while and then out of the blue this letter comes through. Ah well - can't be helped, I'm going to go for the cautious optimism and see what comes. 3 Months and counting then folks.
Old 10th Mar 2005, 14:52

June course number?

Starting to panic a bit here as I haven't received my letter yet! I got the same letter as you guys back in January informing me that the June/September courses were subject to change. Now that the June course is back on I expected I should be on it as I first applied in summer 03 and got my acceptance in April 04.

I phoned HR and worryingly it seems they can't find me anywhere on their system! The girl I spoke to says she needs to know the course number in order to try and find me?!! Can any of you tell me what it is please?

I've passed my medical, completed my security questionairre and as far as I know I haven't committed any crime since my initial acceptance so hopefully I'll be seeing you all in June!

Cheers,
D
Old 10th Mar 2005, 15:21

June course is 204. September is 205.
You get the idea?

We apologise for HR. They are totally over-stretched.
Old 10th Mar 2005, 22:25

Hiya,

Just passed the medical stage, I received my certificate from the CAA last week!

Haven't received any other letters for a while now, spoke to HR last week, hopefully, i will be joining the Sept course.

Does anyone know what course the Sept/ 205 will be?

Thanks.

Ax
Old 13th Mar 2005, 13:43

I'm almost scared of asking this question, as i know the answer is not going to be one that I like, but:

How long, on average, do people think it has taken them from getting past 2nd selection (i.e. pre medical) to the stage where they actually knew what course they were going to be on? How long between 2nd selection and taking your medical? etc etc, those kind of timing questions.

I'm obviously a couple of stages behind the guys/girls on this thread as I only received the conditional offer email -subject to medical and security check- last week.

The email stated that they 'anticipate' a 2005 start, but it'd be nice to know what everyone else's experience has been so I can have some idea of what I'm gonna be doing over the next few months of my life as i've got house contracts to sign etc!!

Cheers.
Old 13th Mar 2005, 19:52

I had my interview mid November 2004, rec'd the e-mail to say that I had been successful late November.

At the beginning of December I rec'd a letter asking for references, school certificates and the security questionnaire. I already work for NATS so have been security cleared which may have moved things along a bit quicker?

I then rec’d the letter regarding the medical asking me to arrange an appointment, but what with Christmas, New Year and two weeks away the earliest date available was the start of Feb. I found out that I had passed the medical about a week ago so then called HR to see if they had an idea of a start date and I was told it should be no later than Sept, but nothing set in stone.

Things seem to be moving a lot quicker now, so who knows maybe see you in Sept?

Last edited by Armitage; 15th Mar 2005 at 13:08.
Old 14th Mar 2005, 10:18

relieved young man

It is with much relief that I can announce I will be joining you guys on the June course! HR called back this morning - it seems they had some note on their system saying I didn't want to start until September. Fortunately there were still a few spaces available so it's all sorted out now!

To answer Jimthings question... I applied in summer 03, initial aptitude tests Jan 04, final interviews March 04, acceptance letter April, medical August, confirmation of June 05 course - TODAY!

D
Old 14th Mar 2005, 10:33

I was looking at the NATS website, and it says courses start in January, April, July and October. Any reason June/September is being quoted? Has NATS changed start dates?

Just a query.

Laters...
Old 14th Mar 2005, 10:50

Courses used to start every 13 weeks, commencing First Monday in January. That gave a Jan, April, July, October start-cycle. Due to the new course structure coming in at the moment, courses now start on a cycle that starts in mid December, so the start-dates go roughly March, June, September, December. The web-site will likely get updated shortly.

All the fresh-faces for 203 Course pitched up at the College this morning. This course is the "Airports only" intake that was trimmed down to about half-size. Wish them luck.

All Intakes from June onwards will be at full size and will train Area and Airports controllers from each intake. The ratio of Area to Airports controllers is roughly 4:1.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.