Wikiposts
Search
Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

EAC are back?

Search this Thread

Old 21st Jul 2004, 22:21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks like EUROPEAN AVIATION is back in business!!!!!!!!
Old 22nd Jul 2004, 15:32

Don't believe they ever went out of business, they just axed the B-747 fleet & some of the short haul fleet. The Palmair European contract has continued to operate with 2x B-737-200 throughout all the disruption, though Bath Travel were approached by several competitors to take over all of the Palmair flying programme, Astraeus offered a superb package apparently.
What is strange is that European are calling back experienced B-747 crews, as they appear to be reinstating a long haul fleet again, though I would imagine on a smaller scale. Will be interesting to see how it all go's. They are also seriously looking to replace the B-737-200 over the next few years, perhaps a natural progression to the 300 series!
Old 22nd Jul 2004, 23:17

DELTABOY
Never saw something like this in my life, first they fire you, then they dont pay you, you taking them to court, they call you back and the offer you £ 125 a day.
ARE THIS PEOPLE NORMAL?????????????????
Not a very easy subject like you think.
They only have one 747 wich is going to do a contract for volare, from MILAN & ROME for 7 weeks, flying to MALDIVES AND CUBA. after that they dont have anything else becvause probably they will go under for ever.
the other 747 are without engines.
Have a look at the previous post in this site and you will know more about european and what they did to the staff.
Nothing against you DELTABOY but every time i saw the word european i get really
Old 23rd Jul 2004, 08:04

PPRuNe Secret Agent!

EAF122

Welcome to the UK airline business in the 21st Centuary!!!!!
I wish everyone at BOH the best...hope PS can salvage something...

Is he still using a B732 from CVT to Forli and for destinations on the GP calender for the Minardi staff/guests??
Old 23rd Jul 2004, 08:43

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Difficult to believe that people who've been dumped on once will go back for more.
Even more difficult to believe that a charterer hopes for stability of operation using only one old jumbo.
Old 23rd Jul 2004, 18:26

Don't blame you EAF122 for being well off with European, they messed around with alot of peoples lifes!, always thought the B-747 fleet would end in tears. I have read lots about the company & even worked for them in the early 1-11 days & I know exactly what SD is like to work for.
A friend of mine still works closely with this outfit & believes the future plans will be to wind it up & shut down. May be that Antipodean Air Charter is destined to rise from the ashes!!
Given your obvious distaste of European, I'm curious you use EAF122 as your title....no offense intended
Old 23rd Jul 2004, 19:39

As a creditor I hope EAC No. 2, a highly convenient Phoenix by PGS and Co. leaving numerous debts large and small, fails dismally and a lesson is sent to the industry that their lying cheating scum like actions will not be tolerated - I can but hope...

Sorry ex and current staff - nothing personal...except where your execs are concerned
Old 25th Jul 2004, 09:49

EAC

EAAC 747 fleet will definately be shelved at the end of September, no infrastructure to maintain fleet and outside Companies want money up front and every week if they take EAC on their books "RIP"
Old 25th Jul 2004, 10:14

Where is EAC ops these days? Still in BOH ?
Old 25th Jul 2004, 16:12

Yeap, still at BOH,
I understand that they have moved their offices into the hangers now & vacated European House, I guess to save on costs. Things look a bit desperate.
Old 26th Jul 2004, 12:50

Received 99 Likes on 41 Posts
Just found this topic having flown in last night with European. If you are current staff at EAF then take heart - you are doing a great job.
Flew MAN - LEI Sunday 18th July on EAF1326 and returned last night on EAF1327. Both sectors were flown professionally and safely. The cabin crew were cheerful and efficient and the whole experience was without fuss or drama and a credit to those involved. Well done.
Old 26th Jul 2004, 21:51

Flew with EAF a few weeks ago BHX-PMI and back. Flight operated an hour and a half late... and they forgot the catering!! Didn't forget the crew meals though.... hehe! We got a free drink though .. .amused by the excelairways.com napkins!

On the way home I was shouted at for asking for orange squash!! "Its for the kids"...

Flight was fine though, nice to ride in the 732, wish you all the best at EAF!
Old 26th Jul 2004, 23:21

EAC B737

I flew on this and think they are a disgrace. They are very old, antiquated, and need to be put out of service along with the management of this company.
Old 30th Jul 2004, 15:34

Whats happening with the hangar situation at Bournemouth.

Yesterday all the old 1-11 and 737 are parked in the corner and hangars looked to be empty with some big skips outside
and 30 cars parked on the ramp
Old 30th Jul 2004, 15:48

EAAC 747 fleet will definately be shelved at the end of September
So how are they going to operate the "Backpackers Express" routes??? I was under the impression that a 732 couldnt fly as far as a 742.
Old 31st Jul 2004, 00:17

they will never do that contract with backpackers express because they not going to have any plane left, the only way they can do it is using DONKEYS, like their managment.
Old 31st Jul 2004, 07:13

The big skips you can see outside the office are there for putting their remaining aircraft into!
Old 20th Aug 2004, 09:50

What on earth is happening with EAAC? One minute they are down and out, now they are recruiting for a Crewing Controller? Is this company still in serious trouble financially or if anyone applies for this job, will they get paid ?
Old 20th Aug 2004, 10:07

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EAAC as such is in CVA (Corporate Voluntary Administration). The debtors accepted a settlement of 6p in the pound. The staff have been offered a smidgeon of what they are legally entitled to.

The monies earned from current flying are going into a company called European Skybus, and I believe that company is also paying the staff each month by cheque.

Some creditors who European Skybus need to keep on side have received a full settlement, not just 6p in the pound.

The 747 aircraft appear to have work for the winter and I understand that they hope to pick up some Hajj work this winter as well.

If you have a job with a stable airline then I would think long and hard before moving to BOH
Old 20th Aug 2004, 10:49

What job IS stable ?? My job ends soon in any case......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.