Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Rotorheads
Reload this Page >

Photographs and 'copyright'

Wikiposts
Search
Rotorheads A haven for helicopter professionals to discuss the things that affect them

Photographs and 'copyright'

Search this Thread

Old 14th Jun 2004, 06:49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Photographs and 'copyright'

Rotorheads Forum Rule

Photographs with names (personal or business), website addresses, email addresses, 'copyright' claims etc embedded in the picture are NOT permitted.

I'm determined to avoid the sort of silly nonsense which has developed in one of the other PPRuNe forums where some posters are apparently trying to outdo each other with bigger and bigger names on their pics.
We have the biggest and best collection of helicopter related photographs on the internet and have never had that problem. I intend to keep it that way.

Professional pilots, instructors, authors, engineers, lawyers, doctors etc who normally charge for their professional expertise all contribute to Rotorheads free of charge - and without trying to prevent people copying what they've posted. They all accept that's a risk they take when they post on a website.
I see no difference between their written contributions and photographic contributions by others.

By all means post the photographer's name if you wish (whether it was you or someone else) but if you and/or the photographer are bothered about copyright then don't post the picture.

In short: If you aren't prepared to contribute to Rotorheads freely/without restrictions, don't contribute.

Heliport