Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Military Aviation
Reload this Page >

CAS ~ Now the RAF really is at full stretch?

Wikiposts
Search
Military Aviation A forum for the professionals who fly military hardware. Also for the backroom boys and girls who support the flying and maintain the equipment, and without whom nothing would ever leave the ground. All armies, navies and air forces of the world equally welcome here.

Search this Thread

Old 4th Oct 2007, 11:07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafcms/mediafi...41E32A507C.pdf

Size is obviously still an issue (isn't it always?). Has the RAF got sufficient critical mass?

"I mentioned earlier, I believe firmly in the need to maintain a balanced force structure that has the resilience to cope with the tasks we are mandated by the Government to deliver. I think our current force structure is about as lean as it can get to achieve that objective."
Old 4th Oct 2007, 11:12

He talks about 25J's... did nobody tell his lordship that one got blown up on a strip in Iraq by his fast jet mates back in Feb? I heard the J wing wasnt getting a replacement.... that leaves 24 surely?
Old 4th Oct 2007, 11:21

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
"......during Gulf War 2 the RAF provided 112 fixed-wing aircraft and 27 helicopters to the coalition effort; .......in addition, eight Jaguars were committed to the Turkish option, although for political reasons this did not materialise. Few other nations have the ability to field and sustain
such a comprehensive force......" (My bold)

Well, that's the UK ruled out... unless there is a secret plan which involves Cosford!!

Last edited by 4mastacker; 4th Oct 2007 at 11:23. Reason: didn't check the font size...oops
Old 4th Oct 2007, 12:30

Just India now.....

Last edited by OCCWMF; 4th Oct 2007 at 12:31. Reason: polishing the t...