Wikiposts
Search
Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies) A forum for those on the steep path to that coveted professional licence. Whether studying for the written exams, training for the flight tests or building experience here's where you can hang out.

Most ATPLs you have attempted?

Search this Thread

Old 20th Aug 2007, 18:31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most ATPLs you have attempted?

I'm planning on sitting 9 ATPLs in my next sitting in 10 weeks, has anyone ever done this many or more? or anyone you know of?

I have 5 first time passes and i reckon i can do the final 9 maybe allowing for 1 or 2 repeats a month later....looking for peoples thoughts on doing this many in one sitting.

mark.
Old 20th Aug 2007, 18:34

ATPL resits

My advice would be not to do all 9 in one sitting. I did 7 which personally was more than enough.Why dont you do the remaining two the month later? I think it would be better to do that and have 14 first time passes, rather than having resits aswell - I dont really see what you are achieiving by trying to do 9 at once, knowing that you think yo will have to resit a couple of them!
Old 20th Aug 2007, 18:48

To be honest the reason i want to do 9 is to get started on the cpl & meir 3 months earlier than i would if i stretched the 9 out over 2 sittings.

I managed to do 5 last time but due to having to work and some personal reasons i was only able to study for them full time 3 weeks out, whereas this time im studying full time and im 10 weeks out, so ive no doubt i can do it.

I gotta go to florida to do 30 hours after i finish the atpls & id much prefer to get that done in December rather than Feb
Old 20th Aug 2007, 18:50

Hovering AND talking

Location: Propping up bars in the Lands of D H Lawrence and Bishop Bonner
It's entirely up to you but I wouldn't try it.

Cheers

Whirls
Old 20th Aug 2007, 19:58

I done exactly the same as you are planning. Five in first sitting and then nine in the second sitting and passed all 14 first time. If you say that you have 10 weeks to prepare then I would definitly say it is possible to pass all your 9 remaining exams in one sitting. I would suggest maybe about 7 weeks at the books then 3 weeks with the feedback and you should be fine.
Old 20th Aug 2007, 21:05

PPRuNe Handmaiden

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts
I know a bloke who did 7 exams in August 2002 and the other 7 exams in September 2002. (distance learning)

Alex Whittingham knows him too.
Old 20th Aug 2007, 21:11

I thought by the time the results came out that it was already passed the date to apply for the next months sitting. I presume he just applied for the other seven ? I can't be 100% but I thought that was the way it use to work.
Old 20th Aug 2007, 21:18

PPRuNe Handmaiden

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts
He applied for them. He was pretty confident that he'd pass them.

He already held an Australian ATPL with over 7000 hours, including 5-6,000 hours jet. He was already typed on the 737 and he used to instruct in both flying and theory.
Old 20th Aug 2007, 21:22

Exam results are posted out to you after the closing date for the next available sitting. So it would be month number 2 for resits!

Brave man, I have 5 coming up in two weeks! 9 shouldn't be a problem if you have lots of coffee... good luck!
Old 21st Aug 2007, 02:35

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know a bloke - who shall remain anonymous - ...

... who blew the old UK ATPL Radio and Air Law exams through not much study(so I've heard & by only one question each...) so sat them in the same exam week as his next round of exams - and managed to pass all 6+2 of them - even getting 100% for nav.

So it is possible, but not easy.

Bloody UK & its archaic use of 'booking out' waffle and of 'QG-something. Who in the modern world... moan moan rant moan