Wikiposts
Search
Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Idiot near Williamtown

Search this Thread

Old 15th Mar 2007, 10:19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Idiot near Williamtown

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...006009,00.html

Only thing I would add is : testicles and electrodes.
Old 15th Mar 2007, 10:21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The_PM, that's a bit harsh, mate.

I reckon a spotlight or laser pointer when he drives around at night would get the message across.
Old 15th Mar 2007, 10:23

testicle electrodes connected to a light sensor perhaps?
Old 15th Mar 2007, 10:39

he needed the light to identify the aircraft type? hmmmm

you can tell a hawk from a hornet simply by the level of the noise!

or if it was at night, what would his chances be of capturing the aircraft in the beam long enough to get a good look at it??

he is not that same guy who bought a house 2 miles from the willy range and rings up and complains every day is he?
Old 15th Mar 2007, 13:21

Received 33 Likes on 10 Posts
He can't identify the aircraft from a spotlight, and I think its stupid, I was once spotlighted on a visual circuit into a Black hole approach airfield and I can tell you its damn disorientaiting! Especialy when its a powerful beam which I was subjected to. These ba$tards need to realise if they have an airfield issue, heres an airfield tissue!! they had choise when purchasing property!
Old 15th Mar 2007, 15:08

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"The only way I can stay on top of it is to find out who they are and what they are, they come across that fast," he said yesterday.
1. "who they are": they're ours, and they are flying around so that they can make sure it stays that way.

2. "what they are": they're the ones which make sure it stays that way (in 1. above).

3. "they come across that fast": which is good, if they were going slower, you'd have to put up with either noise for longer, or a smoking hole.

His house looks like a relatively new-build; can anyone remind me how long Willy town has been operating fast jets? I'd suggest longer than this... man's house has been there.

Those jets mean, old mate, that you still have the freedom to live anywhere you can afford. If you don't like them, you might like to take full advantage of that fact.
Old 15th Mar 2007, 16:57

The RAAF operated Hercs into Vietnam almost on a daily basis for 12 years duing the conflict there. Whilst the Hercs were fired at on the odd occasion - (and not always by the other side!!!) - as far as I'm aware, they never took a hit in Vietnam.

However, a RAAF C130 did take a round in the tail during the Vietnam years... in the circuit at Laverton(!) The idiot - (I seem to remember he was actualy a 'blunt' RAAF SNCO) - was upset at the noise the Herc was making doing night circuit training and so he took his trusty .303 out into the back yard and let fly. (Law abiding citizens could own a rifle in those days.)

Sadly, these idiots with lasers have no idea of the possibly disastrous consequences of flashing their 'toys' at an aircraft, and I suspect the courts won't treat the offense with the seriousness it deserves. God help us all if some people who do understand the potential of these very dangerous devices take it upon themselves to use them against military and civil aircraft.
Old 15th Mar 2007, 22:43

what are the chances of a laser guided weapon tracking onto the light source from these idiots??
Old 15th Mar 2007, 23:31

Testicles/electrodes,beam is the switch...
Locked on laser guided bomb...
But for me it was from Taildragger67...nicely said that man....or woman

I am required to conduct many a black hole approach and take very unkindly to any being doing the light thing from in or out of the modaplane.

No...changed my mind, the testicle/electrode and light activated switch is the one to go with.
Old 16th Mar 2007, 00:13

Evertonian

Received 103 Likes on 59 Posts
Well, I think that if he's built there after the base was established, boo-friggerty-hoo! I've spent almost my entire life under the flight paths of Essendon & Tulla, only to discover that I'm now seeing orange bellies heading into Avalon!!! We've only ever complained when the "heavies" cut across the normal paths, which sent the dog running down the street howling...

Perhaps he should have considered the risks associated with living near military installations. Oh, can I please be the one who tells him what generally happens in a "first strike" situation???
Old 16th Mar 2007, 01:47

Real of fake photograph

Looks to me like the "photograph" is a "composite" with the AC superimposed on the nice blue sky. Look closly. Also, look at the angle of the alleged offender's site line - he does not seem to be looking at the alleged aircraft!!!
Old 16th Mar 2007, 02:04

That's a poor photoshop job if ever I saw one. Nice try
Old 16th Mar 2007, 02:31

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I guess the need to provide a photoshopped photo came down to the fact that the aircraft in question
a) dont actually fly over this fellows house after all
b) dont fly over often enough for the newspaper to get a photo
or
c) fly far enough overhead to not be clear in a photo
And the Defence Department should take note, that under the CRIMES (AVIATION) ACT 1991, this man is committing an offence against Section 19:
Originally Posted by Crimes (Aviation) Act 1991 Section 19
Prejudicing safe operation of aircraft
(1)
A person must not do anything capable of prejudicing the safe operation of a Division 3 aircraft with the intention of prejudicing the safe operation of the aircraft.
Penalty: Imprisonment for 14 years.
and section 21,
Originally Posted by Crimes (Aviation) Act 1991 Section 21
Assaulting crew
(1)
A person must not, while on board a Division 3 aircraft, assault, threaten with violence, or otherwise intimidate, a member of the crew of the aircraft in a manner that results in:
(a)
an interference with the member's performance of functions or duties connected with the operation of the aircraft; or
(b)
a lessening of the member's ability to perform those functions or duties.
Penalty: Imprisonment for 14 years.
Both of these offences carry fourteen year jail terms.
This man is a danger to the safety of the pilots on board, and a danger to the safety of the operation of their aircraft.
The Defence Department needs to press charges without delay, for the safety of all.
Old 16th Mar 2007, 03:12
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Point of order Your Worship.

Whilst the bloke is indeed a dolt, there are a couple of significant issues here:

A person must not do anything capable of prejudicing the safe operation of a Division 3 aircraft with the intention of prejudicing the safe operation of the aircraft.
My bolding. Note that the Commonwealth needs to prove his intent to prejudice the safe operation of the aircraft. Hard to prove when he's using a ruddy great searchlight that actually is suitable to identify the aircraft at night.

A person must not, while on board a Division 3 aircraft, assault, threaten with violence, or otherwise intimidate, a member of the crew of the aircraft in a manner that results in:
(a)
an interference with the member's performance of functions or duties connected with the operation of the aircraft; or
(b)
a lessening of the member's ability to perform those functions or duties.
My bolding again. He certainly wasn't on board and so he ain't going to be charged with that second one.

This is not to say that there aren't other things he can be charged with. Shame he can't be charged with 'stupidity'.
Old 16th Mar 2007, 04:03

Received 332 Likes on 126 Posts
He says he was 'trying to identify' the offending aircraft, which could be complete crap. I mean if he lives under the flightpath he is hardly going to discover to his amazement that 'bugger me, thats actually an F15E' is he?

Therefore it may implied he intended to disrupt or prejudice the safety of the aircraft.

One could also reasonably argue that a reasonable person would understand that shining a spotlight at an aircraft at night would lead to a compromise in safety, therefore its definitely reckless endangerment.
Old 16th Mar 2007, 04:34

There used to be rather tall, lantern-jawed OC Wing at Willy with a very commanding voice and presence who has now retired. Ronnie/Angus ought to consider dragging him out of retirement and have him to drop by Mr Stewart's place to explain to him in words of fewer than three syllables just how dangerous his searchlight antics really were.

Alternatively, a bunch of unhappy Boggies would probably get the message across just as clearly ...if not quite so diplomatically.
Old 16th Mar 2007, 04:41

All i can say is "what a stupid w#nker"
Old 16th Mar 2007, 05:16

I vote for the boggies .. maybe they should just take him on an ACM ride. He might have some more respect after that.

Alternatively, I know a grumpy 767 capt that knows MIIIs who might help.

N
Old 16th Mar 2007, 05:23

Let's move Raaf base Williamtown, why do those guys need to be a place so close to Sydney, I woudn't mind so much if they didn't allways have these restricted aeras all the time.
The base there cost aviation a big bundle of extra flying for now real reason!
Old 16th Mar 2007, 05:26

TurboOtter,

Love your sarcasm.

N

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.