Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

EY Cabin Crew dissapointed again - no salary increase

Wikiposts
Search
Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

EY Cabin Crew dissapointed again - no salary increase

Search this Thread

Old 7th Feb 2007, 11:49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil EY Cabin Crew dissapointed again - no salary increase

Finally and after waiting months and months and for some Crew even years, the much awaited salary increase for Cabin Crew is just another lie after many lies we have been hearing for the last 3 years from Etihad Airways Management. Only the top Management and Flight Deck got their salaries increased.

Cabin Crew are treated in not proper way here in EY no proper Cabin Crew Management and Managers are just professional in making lie after lie.

The talk around AUH that is the Cabin Crew are fed up and resignations season has started already in December and its going to be fully booked in the coming months so they are losing more then what they can recurite and this is a clear message who wants to join EY. PLEASE do your Home work before joining here. Its not all rosey here and don't believe what they tell you in Open days.. ask about Salary, Housing.. ( Many are still staying in Hotels )

Mr.PW from HR.. We all know who he is ?.. his salary increased from a measely 50000 AED to 120000 AED along with other Fat Big Cats from top Management.They are teaching the Crew how to count peanuts and new books coming out soon publishd and written by Etihad Airways on Cutting Cost for dummies and how to run an Airline company for Dummies.

Make the Crew happy and you will get an excellent Airline, New fancy Aircrafts and New destianations every month alone will not make a great Airline.

It is the Crew bending over backwards to make your passengers happy that keeps them coming back not the Management.

Cheers

Nothing but the real truth about EY.

PS: Don't believe the new memo about increasing salaries in next 12 months.. Just another lie.
Old 22nd Jun 2007, 10:03

are u sure

reading bout the pay rise situation...
i will hve to reconsider... ive finishd my interview for cabin crew nd if they select me..wht salary shud i expect thy hvnt mentiuoned anything so far.. pay wise..
is it a bad career move?
Old 22nd Jun 2007, 19:37

Why don't you discuss this on the cabin crew forums? We have our own problems to deal with
Old 23rd Jun 2007, 07:27
Aluminum Tubing Inspector

Because this is the Middle East Forum and ahem, EY, last time I looked, were based In AUH...which I beleive is in the Middle East!
Old 23rd Jun 2007, 07:44

Nice one
Old 23rd Jun 2007, 08:27

sec3

You don't need to be abrasive sec3, and so what if cc chat on this forum as well? This should enlighten you as to what goes on in the other 95% of the cabin, where your eyes and ears are!
Old 23rd Jun 2007, 09:08

Unfortunately for you cabin crew there, the large influx of GF crews, who get an approximate 80% pay increase over their current GF salaries, will probably slow down your chances of any increase anytime soon and yes it is nice to see the better half of the crew posting here as well
Old 23rd Jun 2007, 14:34

What a rudeness!

What a rude way to tell that lovely person, who obviously cares about others, “ discuss this on the cabin crew forums.” If you don’t care about others problems, how do you expect others care about yours? Yes that’s right! Every existing thing is a chain reaction.
Thank you and have a good day.

Last edited by Lovebird 25; 23rd Jun 2007 at 14:58.
Old 23rd Jun 2007, 14:50

Good luck

Thanks for sharing this issue with everyone. I hope your Managment takes this problem under consideration. Believe me they don't want to loose their precious Crew.
All the best to you and happy landings.

Last edited by Lovebird 25; 6th Jul 2007 at 21:57.
Old 23rd Jun 2007, 17:55

Hey gcc, you want to see abrasive?

work with me sometime
Old 23rd Jun 2007, 18:50

Taxi for Juan Kerr!
Old 23rd Jun 2007, 18:52

Hey sec 3, working with you sounds like its gonna be mechanical backup mode already...
Old 23rd Jun 2007, 22:11

sec3,

I don't mean to disapoint you, but guys like you I get on the right hand seat usually do the paperwork for me, and since you chose to be my secretary, can you please make sure my suite is tidied up before I check in, and if you are half as good as my crew you may join my dinner table on the next flight downroute!
Old 24th Jun 2007, 06:12

Paging mr Mehoff...Mr Jack Mehoff pls pick up the white telephone nearest you
Old 25th Jun 2007, 09:12

gccpro

You sound like a real hot shot...should have listened to grani though
Keep your hands over the blanket..you might go blind
Old 25th Jun 2007, 14:38

Re: gc pro

He's probably a frustrated cabin crew fighting the urge to come out of the closet

Last edited by Wylee coyote; 25th Jun 2007 at 18:31.
Old 25th Jun 2007, 20:05

Cabin Crew?. No way. Definately a flight deck crew member with a small....
Old 25th Jun 2007, 21:35

waiting to come out of the closet?

Hmm! let me look around there is one right behind my seat and you've just popped out of it with a G0string, so I am sending you back to training on how to behave like a man!
Old 26th Jun 2007, 22:07

Behind you?.
Old 27th Jun 2007, 14:40

A queston of priorities

No pay rise - no real surprise.

Look at it this way, this company has never given anything to its staff (not just crew) unless it has found itself in a position where it has to.

Pilots got a 23% rise several months ago - on basic. Nice for Pilots but still undervalued. Why did they get it? because the company suddenly realized it needed them to cope wit the expansion.

Cabiin crew were issued details of new pay but told it would be phased in over a 12 month period. Not saying some crew are stupid but on face value it seeme like an immediate good deal but now we're realizig it is just a delaing tactic.

Let's be fair to others though too. Apart from the big fat ones at the top, not many staff in this company get anything because those role that are not as regulated are viewed as easil replaceable. A quick compare is that a cabin cew is now earning more than one of crew controllers so things are far from equal. Sure we all think bad thoughts about them but lets agree that with a heavy schedule, new aircraft every couple of weeks and the crew shortage (because of all the above) they have an impossible job at times and those who were here with me 2 years ago will remember only 1 of them on duty. Well it still te same - only 1 for nearly 30 crew?

Another of NB responsible areas far beind the times.............

Things wont change until those at the top do. JH made some changes but not enough and stop bringining in your GF staff.