Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Biz Jets, Ag Flying, GA etc.
Reload this Page >

JetBird and 500 new jobs?

Wikiposts
Search
Biz Jets, Ag Flying, GA etc. The place for discussion of issues related to corporate, Ag and GA aviation. If you're a professional pilot and don't fly for the airlines then try here.

Search this Thread

Old 2nd Dec 2006, 06:07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JETBIRD

From 2009, JetBird will offer a point-to-point, on demand private jet service in Europe. The launch of JetBird will mark a revolution in the way people travel in the region. JetBird will offer all of the benefits of traditional private jet usage, but at a fraction of the cost of existing branded private jet operators.

Jetbird is buying 100 Embraer Phenom 100 aircraft.

Could be interesting for some GA Pilots
Old 4th Dec 2006, 19:36

Thats great news, all they need now is 300 qualified pilots and a few thousand customers, certification on the aircraft,a maintenance provider who can handle that many aircraft and an AOC.

Bloody marvellous, why didn't I think of that.
Old 4th Dec 2006, 21:10

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Now now Phil..just because you didn't

I wonder though, how are they gonna make money operating public transport requiring two pilots? (I know how..make the pilots pay for there T/ratings, and dont pay the market rate )
Old 4th Dec 2006, 22:52
Flintstone

Originally Posted by haughtney1
how are they gonna make money operating public transport requiring two pilots? (I know how..make the pilots pay for there T/ratings, and dont pay the market rate )

Damn, got all excited then

*removes half written cv from typewriter, screws it up, throws it toward the bin. Misses

Old 21st Dec 2006, 14:15

Bizjet Express

i came across a company called Bizjet Express that are doing something similar b ut selling seats on exec jets that would be flying empty otherwise......... sounds like a great idea if they can get it off the ground........ i think they were at www.bizjetexpress.com

regards

GW
Old 26th Dec 2006, 07:35

GW,

To compare these two is a little creative to say the least. Jetbird plans to buy and operate aircraft, this other crowd seem to be offering the markets empty sectors from Avinode, one involves millions of pounds worth of investment and staff with the right skills to find work, and fly the aircraft, the other involves subscribing to Avinode.

In my opinion if the sum of £269 is mentioned in this market, it's normally the catering bill.

Phil
Old 26th Dec 2006, 07:57

But because Phenom has no lift dump or reversers it can't operate on a public transport flight to places like IOM or JER! Seems like a bad choice of aircraft.
Old 26th Dec 2006, 09:14

Originally Posted by yacan
at a fraction of the cost
I wonder... where have I heard that before?
Old 26th Dec 2006, 10:15

Commercial Requirements

Just a query, why not IOM and Jersey....for Phenom? runway is more than sufficient. lift dump and TR'S for commercial ops..??

Last edited by Goldenhawk; 26th Dec 2006 at 10:17. Reason: grammar
Old 26th Dec 2006, 10:32

Performance restricted with 2 crew, ask Embraer.

I know of at least one operator who cancelled order for 12 units once Embraer disclosed performance figures.
Old 27th Dec 2006, 06:23

silverhawk

You mention that:"Phenom has no lift dump or reversers it can't operate on a public transport flight to places like IOM or JER".

As I cannot find any reference to this deficiency of either the Phenom 100 or 300 on the Embraer website and I do not know anyone in Embraer who may be qualified to comment, may I ask you for specific details of what looks like a complete "show-stopper" for the successful marketing of the two versions of the aircraft?
Old 2nd Jan 2007, 11:02

Jetbird

I'm curious what you guys think of Jetbird's business plan in General. Are there that many people that are really comfortable in a cabin like the CJ2s?

Saw their presentations and launch video...quite boastfull. Especially that Slattery guy...

But my best part are the constant silly references to LCCs and Ryanair...

This is simply a branded charter company with a less expensive plane. Utilization, turnarounds...all that other stuff wont differ much from a conventional charter operator.

And BTW, Embraer is probably one of the few not giving any DOC or fuel burn estimates. And my guess is that they're probably going to be on the high side...

Your thoughts?