Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Non-Airline Forums > Private Flying
Reload this Page >

RAF departure plates

Wikiposts
Search
Private Flying LAA/BMAA/BGA/BPA The sheer pleasure of flight.

RAF departure plates

Search this Thread

Old 19th Oct 2006, 15:03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAF departure plates

Now the RAF No. 1 AIDU has slimmed down the FLIP airfields booklets to 'Emergency and Unplanned Diversion' ones, they have removed IFR departure plates from the booklet. This is a major pain as I fly as a civilian from an RAF base, and sometimes use other bases. The AERAD touring guide doesn't include all the RAF bases (though it does include my home one), and I can't now buy them from the RAF either (they are in the military AIP which I can't get).

So does anyone know how I can now get hold of IFR departure plates for RAF bases?

Tim
Old 19th Oct 2006, 15:19

Some (e.g. Shawbury) are in the Jeppesen UK touring guide, or in Jeppview. But I don't think it lists every ILS going...

There is also a US website which has them all... I have the URL somewhere.

I see you have no PM or email facility in your profile, Tim.
Old 19th Oct 2006, 15:28

I guess that will be me cancelling my subscription now, what a shame as they were so handy.
Old 16th Nov 2006, 19:32

Today I decided to ditch the No 1 AIDU offerings when I discovered that as well as not having SIDs, they only offer one approach per runway. I was going to Lyneham for a practice NDB and discovered they only provided the L 06 and L to ILS 24 approaches.

I'm going to investigate (a) Aerad touring manual plus occasional one-off orders for specific airfields from AIDU; (b) Jeppesen ditto; (c) Jeppview which definitely includes Lyneham, for example, and Benson, because my instructor today had the printouts...!

Tim
Old 20th Nov 2006, 18:44

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Are you talking about the yellow spiral-bound Terminal Charts booklets - 3 volumes covering the UK north to south? I've been buying these regularly for years but hadn't heard of any changes. I've just looked at the 1 AIDU website and there's no mention of changes on there. Can you give me more details?
NS
Old 21st Nov 2006, 09:42

Originally Posted by NorthSouth
Are you talking about the yellow spiral-bound Terminal Charts booklets - 3 volumes covering the UK north to south? I've been buying these regularly for years but hadn't heard of any changes. I've just looked at the 1 AIDU website and there's no mention of changes on there. Can you give me more details?
NS
They sent me a note requesting any updates to my subscription to reflect thier change from 5 (or 6 was it?) books to three. I have not yet received an updated one so don't know how big a loss of coverage they have implemented. I always used it as an 'unplanned diversion book' and printed a fresh copy of the plates for my planned destination and planned alternate (if not in AIDU).
Old 21st Nov 2006, 16:17

You can get the (unclassified) bits of the UK Mil AIP (incl. all the AD section) on CD: I have a copy of same on my desk atm...
Old 21st Nov 2006, 20:20

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks Anonystude, didn't realise that. I've just ordered it.
NS