Wikiposts
Search
Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

LEEDS -3

Search this Thread

Old 4th Jun 2007, 18:50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wonder what the tailwind restriction is for the 3B approahes given the reasonably common 5-8 kts south easterly that accompanies the low cloud. Pity the A320s are still CAT1. Its ironic given the p poor state of LBAs charter offering that of the based operators it does/has attracted, most that I can recall have been restricted to CAT1 (BY A320, 738), Skyservice A320 etc.
re the surprising news - I've made mention of this a couple of times and the original poster has said nothing so take it with a pinch of salt. As I said before, LBA developments almost never get tipped off in advance (RYR to Shannon being the latest). The quieter the rumour mill the better.
Old 6th Jun 2007, 18:59

HARRIER JUMP JET, Queensbury Bradford WYorks

Hi all, was not to sure were to post this one. While travelling home from work I noticed today one Harrier , Minus nose cone and wings and fin. these are all in the field to be reattached park within house/farmers Field on the
A644 Queensbury Bradford WYorks opposite Raggalds est.. Wondered if anybody within the LB area knew the story , no frame number on fusealarge (only 128 on air intake)

hopefully post foto once complete if nobody beats me of course
Old 12th Jun 2007, 17:53

Jet2's ski programme for winter 07/08

Headlines;

Chambery builds from late December at once weekly to a peak of 5 flights per week for most of Feb / all of March. [Increase in frequency]

Geneva daily with a second flight on Saturdays. [Same]

Salzburg, generally 3 times per week with 4 flights over New Year week. [Same]

More interesting, are some of the proposed timings - for instance on Saturdays the Salzburg launches from LBA at 05.20, (06.10 and 06.40 on weekdays and Sundays respectively).

Likewise Geneva is an early bird on a Saturdays (05.45)....and a bit later on weekdays (07.30).

Good to see some of LBAs Jet2 based aircraft being stretched a bit more!
Old 13th Jun 2007, 06:08

Jet2Leeds

Harrier in Bradford Farm

A Mr Chris Wilson is reportedly restoring a Sea Harrier at Raggalds Farm Bradford in commemoration of the Falklands war/ 25th Anniversary.

Just wondering if this is the Harrier FRS1 /FA2 in question?

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0511794/M/ Ignore this and see post below.

Last edited by scamptonboy; 15th Jun 2007 at 05:23.
Old 15th Jun 2007, 05:16

Jet2Leeds wrote
HARRIER JUMP JET, Queensbury Bradford WYorks
Hi all, was not to sure were to post this one. While travelling home from work I noticed today one Harrier , Minus nose cone and wings and fin. these are all in the field to be reattached park within house/farmers Field on the
A644 Queensbury Bradford WYorks opposite Raggalds est.. Wondered if anybody within the LB area knew the story , no frame number on fusealarge (only 128 on air intake)
Apologies J2L if youve already seen the article in the Yorkshie Post. But I hope this answers the above query?

Piece of Falklands history saved for posterity

Former RAF engineer Chris Wilson with the Royal Navy Sea Harrier fighter plane he is rebuilding.

By Fiona Evans

A former RAF engineer has rebuilt a fighter plane which flew in the Falklands War from hundreds of pieces in his neighbour's field.

The Royal Navy Sea Harrier FRS Mk Two arrived in Yorkshire on the back of a 40ft low loader.

But now Chris Wilson, of Raggalds Farm, Queensbury, in Bradford, is putting the finishing touches to his labour of love in a field.

From the aircraft's serial number, XZ459, Mr Wilson found it first flew in 1980 and undertook 53 combat missions in the Falklands War, including an attack on Port Stanley airfield.

The 29-year-old businessman spent eight years in the RAF and now runs Jet Art, a company which makes aviation-themed collectables.

He said: "It was a huge project for anyone to take on but I picked the aircraft because of its history and I wanted to preserve a piece of aviation history.

"It is one of only a handful of surviving Falklands jets because a lot of them crashed."

The aircraft was based at RAF St Athan in Wales. It last flew in 2001 before being put in storage and used for spares. It was later auctioned off.
Last Updated: 11 June 2007

Also heres a link to a photo of the old girl from a few years back.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1173192/M/
Old 17th Jun 2007, 07:02

Queensbury Harrier

Good use of initiative: he can now commute to LBA a lot faster than going by road. He'll easily be able to put it down in the new Long Stay car park as well, which will save him landing fees.
Old 20th Jun 2007, 14:37

Bmi Lba-lille

This route does not appear in the CAA prov stats for May 07 but is bookable on the BMI website. How well's it doing?
Old 20th Jun 2007, 14:44

CAA Stats

Doesn't look like LBA figures have been uploaded yet, Lille should appear once it has been done.

Continued on: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthr...51#post3331051