Wikiposts
Search
Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

JetStar International A380s

Search this Thread

Old 15th Aug 2006, 03:44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JetStar International A380s

This is pure and unadulterated hearsay of course, but the following was offered to me and my wife in Manchester recently from VERY reliable information through a long-term friend and sub-contractor colleague who has worked with Airbus for 9 years.....

He was recently having a cleansing white wine with an Australian ground-engineer-type gentleman from JetStar who has been working and liaising in France with Airbus for about 10 months....

The Aussie engineer stated that the recent news release about Qantas perhaps increasing their order of A380s is correct... sort of. Some A380s are CERTIFIED, GUARANTEED, SET IN STONE.... GOING TO JETSTAR INTERNATIONAL !!!!!!!!!!

Someone in Qantas is allegedly telling porky pies. I wonder how the FAAA and AIPA will react to this. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the next Qantas AGM to see the bt that gushes from the Chairman and MB1 (Alan Joyce is MB2, apparently) when the question is asked from a shareholder, and it WILL.
Old 15th Aug 2006, 03:48

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
I think the idea is that Jetstar will eventually morph into Qantas. Then GD will set up another airline with a catchy name offering lower prices than jetstar and even lower wages. This could go on forever....
Old 15th Aug 2006, 03:56

I reckon you are very close to correct sunfish.
Old 15th Aug 2006, 07:12
Mike Kontoulous

I can assure you that there is no current plan to introduce A380's into the JQ fleet.

Old 15th Aug 2006, 07:58

I am not a Qantas Pilot, but I don't think QF international pilots have ever been involved in strike action and as we all know from history, there is no point with so many jumping up and down waiting for their jobs.
Old 15th Aug 2006, 08:08

can't be that many waiting, qualified at least, ask all the world's airlines and even jetstar on how their recruiting is going. The pool of experience has been drained and everyone is struggling to get qualified people. Hence jq trying to get internationally experienced pilots through the back door only to find that qf filtering process is stopping them. Rather ironic don't you think?
Old 15th Aug 2006, 08:40

Originally Posted by ShockWave
....but I don't think QF international pilots have ever been involved in strike action .....
They have. A prolonged strike by Qantas pilots in 1966 almost sent Qantas to the wall.
Old 15th Aug 2006, 09:46

Evertonian

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts
Finally! Jetstar have an aircraft that Magda can fit on!
Old 15th Aug 2006, 10:29

Have a look at the video of Dame Margaret and Dixon at the launch ceremony in France for the A380. On the feature wall behind them was all the logo's of airlines that had ordered the A380.
Prominent was JETSTARS logo. Go wonder.
Old 15th Aug 2006, 23:18

Back to the topic. Jetstar to get three A380's.
Old 16th Aug 2006, 02:45

Z Force, I make that three times you have posted that J* will be getting three A380's. It's not really the sort of number you would expect for a viable fleet. Where is this coming from?
Old 17th Aug 2006, 01:58

Angry

This thread is supposed to be about a rumour of Jetstar getting A380's. 35 needless posts about terms and conditions that have been done to death in many threads. Once again it has degenerated into handbags at 10 paces.

I was going to delete the whole thread, but of course the conspiracy theorists would label me a Jetstar sympathiser (which I am not) On the contrary, my career has been negatively affected by the establishment of Jetstar.

Nonetheless, I've decided to delete the irrelevant posts and give this thread one more chance.

There are a proportionately high number of threads running on Jetstar at the moment. Most seem to involve fairly high running emotions linked to T&C's. I for one am growing tired of the repetitive nature of most of the thread content.

You guys would be far better off directing your anger in a positive way. It may even help you get through your next medical

Woomera (Eastern States)
Old 22nd Aug 2006, 03:36

Originally Posted by Mike Kontoulous
I can assure you that there is no current plan to introduce A380's into the JQ fleet.
Typical Dixon speak, No "current plan" however tomorrow's plan is......