Wikiposts
Search
Computer/Internet Issues & Troubleshooting Anyone with questions about the terribly complex world of computers or the internet should try here. NOT FOR REPORTING ISSUES WITH PPRuNe FORUMS! Please use the subforum "PPRuNe Problems or Queries."

INTERNET EXPLORER

Search this Thread

Old 30th May 2006, 09:23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
INTERNET EXPLORER

Hi All,
I now and again have a small problem with Internet Explorer a little box displays in the middle of the screen saying that INTERNET explorer has to close and enquiring if I would like to send an error report is this anything to worry about ?
Old 30th May 2006, 10:17

No. ...Or rather, probably not, unless it happens continually. ...Most likely one of those hic-cups most programs go through now and then....The complication of 'Error Reporting' can spread further alarm and dismay amongst some.

Many personally - me included - have it swithed off, although leaving the facility to be informed when critical errors occur. ...If interested (XP): Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced (tab) > Error Reporting (bottom right) > tick options as required.

Whether automated error reporting back to Microsoft does any good I don't know; sceptical. ...Did actually come across someone who thought there was actually sitting at the other end waiting for his report!
Old 30th May 2006, 11:24
More bang for your buck

Originally Posted by BLUE SKY THINKER

Whether automated error reporting back to Microsoft does any good I don't know; sceptical. ...Did actually come across someone who thought there was actually sitting at the other end waiting for his report!
You mean there isn't?
Old 30th May 2006, 11:26

Have you thought about using Firefox, i made the move and have not gone back.