Wikiposts
Search
Flight/Ground Ops, Crewing and Dispatch A forum for the people who are engaged in operational control/flight dispatch/crewing and their colleagues airside in ramp dispatch, load control and ground handling, to discuss issues directly related to keeping their aircrew and aircraft operational.

Servisair Dispatch Interview

Search this Thread

Old 12th May 2006, 11:18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Servisair Dispatch Interview

Hi
I have an interview next week for a job as a Dispatch Co-ordinator at LHR, can any let me know what to expect?
Thanks for your help
Old 13th May 2006, 22:03
shgsaint

Sorry I can't help with any info for your interview, but can you tell me how you got it? I want to get into ground handling & dispatch etc when I graduate from uni in a few months.

Many thanks,

Good luck.

Old 14th May 2006, 18:40

Hello mate,

Speak to ad, he has done an inteview with servisair recently so im sure he could help. But expect standard inteview questions and prepare information on servisair as well as the job and info on LHR. Good luck

pez
Old 14th May 2006, 22:04

Hi

I wrote some things about the interview I had about a month ago with servisair in this thread:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=223598

This was at gatwick and for a dispatch position. I don't know how it would go for a co-ordinator position, I can imagine that it would be a little more in depth.

I gave the person doing the interview a quick call to get a little more info on what was required and also got a little repore going which helped me relax on interview day.

Incidently I saw the SVN in the crew room and thought about applying but I live to far away and can't afford to move yet. Just out of interest are you already a servisair employee.

Anyway hope that helps a little. Good luck.
Old 14th May 2006, 22:51
shgsaint

Sorry to butt in but i'm still in uni. For another couple of weeks anyway. But I did do a days volunteering for Servisair 18 months ago baggage handling. It was to cover strikes and was asked to do it from Thomson, whom I was working with on my placement.

Would that be beneficial at all? I wouldn't be the baggage handlers best friends but i'm hoping it shows some commitment.

Thanks.

Old 16th May 2006, 16:10

Expect standard interview questions like "How you cope under pressure", "What are your main priorities of job" "How do you deal with different personalities at work who arent cooperative"

Know the airlines being handled, aircraft types flown.
Technical questions based on yr knowledge and experience. If no prior on job experience, but show some understanding of airline operations.

Questions on your past, examples of how you shown good service, leadership, responsibility.

All pretty standard stuff I believe!

Whats your experience level btw?
Old 18th May 2006, 08:38

Originally Posted by boeingbus2002
Whats your experience level btw?
Thanks eveyone for your help and advise. I am currently working as a Ramp Agent for one of the other handling agents at Heathrow, so unfortunately no dispatch experience yet.

shgsaint I have sent you a PM

Last edited by Travelstops; 18th May 2006 at 09:00.
Old 18th May 2006, 20:07

Your experience still has some relevance though! some guys have been taken from Ramp. which comp you at now?