Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Birds of a feather (EK)

Wikiposts
Search
Middle East Many expats still flying in Knoteetingham. Regional issues can be discussed here.

Birds of a feather (EK)

Search this Thread

Old 14th Feb 2006, 05:57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Birds of a feather (EK)

Our Chairman MF sat at a pilots meeting back in 2000 (the upgrade inhibiting meeting), and said "with his hand on his heart", that the success of the airline was due in part to the hard work and goodwill of the pilot group. I wonder if he remembers that?

Shk Mohd recently posted an open letter to landlords in Dubai advising them to refrain from hiking rents, warning that they would strangle the market and kill the goose that lays golden eggs. Wonder if it will work?

Whilst ek pilots are expected to work on days off and go the extra mile to help the company (so management think) because they cant get enough crews to fly their planes, conditions aren't improving. To now consider (supposedly) paying new hire DEC's more than the people who will be training them, only tightens the companies already firm grip around the neck of the pilot group. Maybe once the profit share (if it happens) is safely in a few peoples bank accounts, a few geese will fly the coop. I think so.

Historically, there was lots of competition for FO positions for various reasons which are rapidly becoming reasons not to come. Problkem is, you need FO's and captans, so even if they do get DEC's the FO problem will get worse. To advertise that we need DEC's in the first place is to say that none of our current FO's are up to the task, which simply isn't true. That alone would make me nervous about joining as an FO.

Legend says it's bad luck to kill an albatross, but I can only imagine what killing the golden goose would do when your diet is mostly gold.