Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Freight Dogs
Reload this Page >

Farhad Azima in BAH

Wikiposts
Search
Freight Dogs Finally a forum for those midnight prowler types who utilise the unglamorous parts of airports that many of us never get to see. Freight Dogs is for pilots and crew who operate mostly without SLF.

Farhad Azima in BAH

Search this Thread

Old 27th Nov 2005, 14:07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Farhad Azima in BAH

Now hear that Mr Azima has started up in BAH with -8's and a pending A300 deal. As he was the principal shareholder in 'HeavyLift that was' I wonder what next?
Old 28th Nov 2005, 18:18
VP8

Been running the DC8 for a while now Admiral I think Its Heavylift International running out of SHJ but I can be stood corrected....was impounded for a while for doing improper maintenance on it!!

VEEPS
Old 29th Nov 2005, 10:16

Heavylift International ex SHJ - aircraft based in BAH on ACMI contract to DHL.

JFF
Old 1st Dec 2005, 09:31

Heavy Lift freight out shj, also part of johnson air, who have been banned in most of europe, desperatly seeking cpts but most have the sense to stay away. azima is banned from owning an airline in the US as he destroys them.
Old 1st Dec 2005, 11:32
VP8

I thought Johnsons had gone belly up already!!

VEEPS
Old 1st Dec 2005, 17:39

Dogxbollox, Hi
How do you mean FA "destroys them"?
In the last year at HLA he had one of his US Mafiosa come over to "rescue" HLA. That is a story I could spend a lotta time and paper on- it was pretty desperate in the office while this guy came up with inumerable implausible dreams and had us all running around trying to make them work. Brian Webb certainly earned his pittance then!
We all took a pay cut for a few months but it was to no avail and I remember that the final month's AVC contributions were taken from our salarly but never paid into our funds.
Caveat Emptor or something if you are looking for a job out there!
Old 2nd Dec 2005, 10:28

hi ya

well his concern is not the people or the airline, hla for him is a hobby i am sure. a couple of airlines he bought and owned in the us he just striped and ran into the ground, for him with ALG its all about the aircraft, so he bought the airlines with no intention of them running but for the AC.
Good luck to any pilot who works for him.

oh sorry and as for Johnsons well they like to keep it quiet but they operate 9G PEL. in the same office as HLA in SHJ w3ith half qualified crew, you want the Low down on the company ask JO at aeroservice.
Old 3rd Dec 2005, 16:23

I have several good friends who have flown for Johnsons and all are owed money for services rendered; all have since departed. This has left them with a crewing problem and the reason that the people thay are now getting are the " less experienced drivers". The interesting question is how Johnsons manages to get a valid C of A for their aircraft. Their DC-8s are all subject to the AD on the cargo door, floor and 9G bulkhead. This AD was mandatory as of Feb. 28th of this year and their aircraft are not in compliance. Could it be that they are paying "matabish" to the Ghana CAA to overlook this AD? Perhaps this is one reason the Ghana CAA has lost it's Class 1 rating. One thing is for sure, if the Bahrain CAA is made aware of this, Johnsons will again be on the ground and banned from yet another country.
Old 3rd Dec 2005, 18:07

Does anyone have the definitive answer on the DC8 door/floor/barrier work that should have been done??? JFF???

Here's an interesting page mentioning Mr Azima ...
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/CI...andal_CIA.html
Old 5th Dec 2005, 19:23

I for one flew 9G-PEL a few years back.... Itchy and Scratchy still owne me too... That door still hasn't been done?? How 'bout that gear unsafe light? Is that fixed, or still can't get the right microswitch? Or is the bulb still out, as I removed it since nobody would fix it anyway?

Oh and next time you guys replace us without notice and basically fire us without pay, make sure that at least you have qualified crews to operate. Looked pretty dumb having your new boys calling us asking how to operate the cockpit 2000 and flow control. And don't expect that we leave you all flightplans and user waypoints in the GPS...

JFF, how's the sandpit nowadays? Miss them nights in the Sheraton with Papa T on stage.
Old 12th Dec 2005, 13:30

some good feed back, (g PEL, has a cracked gear and aileron spar or bracket, the door mod has not been done, as for the other things from the horses mouth,' we will get an extension' the bahrain contract is operated by heavy lift, but as said before, they r one and the same as johnsons.

as for crew well best left said to good luck to the present and future.
Old 21st Dec 2005, 16:38

Hi Guys, first post for me

I thought that the Heavylift DC8 in SHJ was ACMI'ed out to Jetset Cargo until last month?
Jetsets gone bust now anyway, left unpaid fuel bills in NBO apparently.
Old 5th Jan 2006, 19:55

Re: Farhad Azima in BAH

Have now heard that an old FE accomplice from HLA days is the Ops Director! Mario Rafael is the man...Hi Mario! you were always the Union pedantic pain when you were an FE for HLA. How come you made Management? No problems with all your moans, but how do you deal with all the ones you get now?
Old 6th Jan 2006, 18:40
HalesAndPace

Soooo, it was Mr Bullsheeeeet to blame for the Union then? Probably more to it than that - summat like 85% T&G membership in about 3 months?

"Union recognition - over my dead body!" a certain MD was heard to scream - if only!

Still, "we" are still there, the "brothers" are not.....

Old 11th Jan 2006, 17:33

Veeps/H&P, Hi
Heard that they took on an ex-DHL Tech Director to sort out the dwang! (They lost their AOC again recently?)
Apparantly he (Ashley ?) was made to feel unwelcome by the new MD/TD/Human Resource Director/Financial Director/Office Cleaner.....aka......
you guessed it! MR!
Also sadly heard that DHL are pulling out of BAH (surprise?) and two eh HLA pilots willl be out of a job.
Not a lot changes, does it?
Old 12th Jan 2006, 10:39

Hockam,

Are you saying that he (Ashely), the ex tech director for DHL is now with Azima, or did I get that wrong? And what's the reason for DHL pulling out of Bahrain, I'm sure you ment that they're kicking JON/HLA out.....

Farhad's brother, Farzin, is doing most the work for DHX anyway. Heard he, unlike his brother, has an airplane which is in excellent conditionand DHX is quite pleased with them...
Old 12th Jan 2006, 12:56

DHL are not pulling out of BAH at this time, however as Maurice states Farhad's aircraft are cr*p to the point of one being refused back into BAH and CofA expiring on the other with a promise that it wasn't being renewed by UAE GCAA, but has since been. On the other hand Farzin with 9G FAB (63) seems to be doing fine for DHL so my sources tell me, when they're not fighting across the partition..
Old 12th Jan 2006, 17:36

Maurice and MTOGW, Hi
No, I said that Ashley was working out there, but recently resigned.
My information from a DHL pilot in BAH is that DHL is pulling out; he works for DHL out there.
My only thoughts are that I wouldn't want to get involved with HLA again!
Old 12th Jan 2006, 17:48

DHL are pulling out, and probably moving their set up to KWI for the new USPS contract with Kallitta.
I would put money on them keeping that A300 contract with HLA running.
Old 12th Jan 2006, 19:03

What 300 contract with HLA?
Guys, check your facts. It seems to me you lot know nowt about owt!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.