Wikiposts
Search
Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Stansted

Search this Thread

Old 31st Jul 2006, 22:54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well yes maybe sums were done but maybe the sums wernt good enough and thats the last we will see of pia management.
Old 1st Aug 2006, 07:13

Originally Posted by daz211
transport links - it seems your under the impresionthat this means TRAINS AND TRAINS ALONE !
stansted has its own motorway slip road M11 to london and the midlands and the north, a newly built dueled A road to suffolk and norfolk, train station and coach base to most of the uk (national express coaches) I have flown for luton and the transport links need much improvement but this is my point of view

A new dual carriageway into Luton Airport is now under construction. When finished it will be dual carriageway all the way from the M1. Together with the M1 widening scheme which is also under way road links should improve.
Old 1st Aug 2006, 08:23

Originally Posted by sat1
crews have to walk so YOU have to walk.this IS ryanair!!!!!!!
Don't you know about the crewlimo????

Other ways of low-cost transportation are:
1. Catapulting you from D-pier to domestics...crews first, then bags...
2. Playing chicken by running right across from crewroom to domestics
3. There CAN be a full crew loaded on a Swissport baggage-cart (in winter use the the handy raincover for full covered travel)
4. Rollerskates will be provided

What else do you need?
Old 1st Aug 2006, 10:18

These LTN people do go on. I think the facts are probably conclusive, STN 3rd busiest LON airport. 4th in the UK now that wouldnt be an airport with inferior transport links would it. The debate can go on and on but guess which airport STN is above?
Old 1st Aug 2006, 11:27

rusty_c

Exactly!

And for all the naggers who dont want to get lost: Read the Friggin' screens and follow instructions! Duh

STN Expansion Rules!
Old 1st Aug 2006, 12:06

Isn't STN 3rd busiest LON and in UK with 23 million annual pax, above MAN
Old 1st Aug 2006, 14:04

Yes, STN recently overtook MAN for being the UK's third busiest airport.
Old 1st Aug 2006, 15:51

never mind luton

maybe one day you will be a big as stansted and your transport links will be finnished but until then keep dreaming
Old 1st Aug 2006, 16:43

Originally Posted by daz211
maybe one day you will be a big as stansted and your transport links will be finnished but until then keep dreaming
Till then you can save up for a spellchecker....w**ker...
Old 1st Aug 2006, 17:00

Wonder why PIA feel that they have to offer a complimentary coach service for all passengers from Stansted to London. Maybe they feel that Stansted's public transport links are not up to scratch despite what is claimed here.
Old 1st Aug 2006, 18:55

Expansion

Originally Posted by Danasutra
rusty_c
Exactly!
And for all the naggers who dont want to get lost: Read the Friggin' screens and follow instructions! Duh
STN Expansion Rules!
Another part of STN crying out for expansion is the drop off area. Over the years this area has become smaller as the the coach & car hire companies have encroached, which has made 'The Drop Off' a very stressfull exercise.
Old 1st Aug 2006, 18:56

Ah rite. And PIA are flying from STN, and not LTN? I think ive said enough on that. I have to make sure I read over my messages carefully to make sure there aren't any mistakes or typos for people to correct me on!
Old 1st Aug 2006, 19:20

i feel so sorry for you

for the stansted bashers who have nothing better to do than
pick people up on spelling mistakes get a life and a real airport
Old 1st Aug 2006, 19:28

Grrr

Swefly managed to regularly fill a B767 from Luton to Pakistan, sadly it routed via Sweden and ended up out of business, but there is a ready market north of the Thames that don't wish to fly from Heathrow.

A free coach service from Stansted to Luton by PIA would be just as useful judging my the population make up of the town.

Just another point, you me and every other UK taxpayer helped with the M11/A127 upgrades. This money could and should have been used to upgrade one of the busiest sections of motorway in Europe, that between the M25 up to Luton Jct 10 M1. Matters are being addressed now, 10 years too late. The upgrades to the road infrastructure were excessive in Essex, if you took travellers to and from Stansted off the M11, Buster could have a picnic in the outside lane. Unfortunately the same cannot be said of the M1!

Thankfully the cosy arrangements of past between HM Govt and the BAA are now 'six foot under'! Now the BAA will be saddled with HUGE debt, I wonder who will purchase Stansted off the Spanish consortium to pay for runway 3 at Heathrow?
Old 1st Aug 2006, 19:33
Fit like min?

Crumbs

EDI v GLA, LPL v MAN, BFS v BHD, STN v LTN...& on it goes...

Any word at the STN end of an ABZ route?

Air UK used to fly it, axed in 1999, carried about 100K pax on the route.

Continues to be speculation up here that "talks" with various airlines continue, but seems no closer to any route restarting.

Would the likes of Air Berlin or MOL's lot be interested?

(I've not mentioned the orange mob as they'd never get an a/c up here given their current problems... )
Old 1st Aug 2006, 19:35

dream on

i think you mean the M11 and the A120
i dont think stansted will be sold off as one of the fastest growing airports in europe it has alot of expansion in it yet if any baa airports were to be sold i think it would be gatwick before stansted
Old 1st Aug 2006, 20:31

Originally Posted by Stanstedeye
Another part of STN crying out for expansion is the drop off area. Over the years this area has become smaller as the the coach & car hire companies have encroached, which has made 'The Drop Off' a very stressfull exercise.
The cry has been heard 'cause they're doing that now....

All in all I'd say STN has a perfect layout to be a succes....never had a brilliant time going to Heathrow to drop somebody off...
The next change will hopefully be the security checkpoint.... PAX arrive 1 hour before departure at check-in (on time)...pass the check-in close to 35 mins to departure and then get stuck for 30 mins in security....no calculator needed that 5 mins to run to gate 57 is not enough, so: delay....

Sorry about the spelling-remark...had something on my mind....
Old 1st Aug 2006, 21:01

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Stanstedeye
Over the years this area has become smaller as the the coach & car hire companies have encroached.
I do not understand why such a large amount of the valuable space available for the short-term car park at Stansted is given over to the bus station. They have the plum site, right in front of the terminal, but there are very few bus services from there, much of the space always seems empty, and in fact the bus operators seem to use much of it as a garage to store out-of-service buses, right in front of the terminal, in a way unknown at other airports. Meanwhile the car parking has been squeezed to an unsuitable area well to the north.

Oh, and regarding the "Mid Term" car park. Does anybody ever use it ? Seems to be high priced like the short term, but connected by a longwinded and infrequent bus shuttle.
Old 1st Aug 2006, 21:07

spelling remark / dont worry

spelling has never been my strong point !
I think stansted security has got much better
I had a 0630 dep in may and walked straight to xray it only took 5mins
have you been to stansted since they extended the security channel
after doing away with a few shops its quite big now
Old 1st Aug 2006, 21:34

Firstly about the drop off area at the front of the airport i do believe they are reconstructing it and hopefully so will the layout, as i agree it can be hectic and cramped. But will have to let you know when it is finished or come experience it?!!
Next issue of the coach station is very true indeed i sometimes look at it and think why the need for so much space, with airport space a premium these days i would have thought that they would reduce the coach area to a realistic and ideal size and in turn could have extended the pick up point next to it, this problem is very common when it comes to the el al flights in the evening where the front of the terminal is shut off, only allowing people to go in the short stay car parks or the pick up points that get full very quickly, i think this is a problem at stn but sure its common across all airports. is it??
And i do believe they are looking at reconstructing the coach station too as have seen some drawings in the stansted life.
Lots going on here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.