PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DHL/LH to use B777
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2008, 05:46
Boxshifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did a bit of calculation and figured out some rough estimates of net figures. As the tax system in Germany is very complicated, known as the probably most complex one in the world, those figures might be not correct, but at least should show what to expect to be put into your bank account at the end of the month.

Calculations are based on a single, no kids, assuming that 16,3% of the gross salary each month are paid out tax/social contribution free, to cover working on weekends, legal holidays and during nighttime, standard health insurance. To change to a private health insurance scheme you will have to be above the cap limit of €48.150,-- gross per year for the last 3 consecutive years before changing. I don’t know how this would be dealt with if you come to Germany from abroad. I also assume 12 monthly salaries, as nothing was mentioned re. a 13th month.

FO base: €45.000,-- gross per year or €3.750,-- gross per month
€2.315,-- net per month

FO top: €90.000,-- gross per year or €7.500,-- gross per month
€4.663,-- net per month

FO with widebody experience €75.000,-- gross per year or €6.250,-- gross per month
€3.876,-- net per month

Captain base: €110.000,-- gross per year or €9166,-- gross per month
€5.711,-- net per month

Captain top: €157.000,-- gross per year or €13.083,-- gross per month
€8.175,-- net per month

There should be a lot of variation due to the complexity of the tax system and in turn the above figures might be wrong. If you a married and/or have kids you get of course net more than that.

Also keep in mind that every additional benefit you would receive, e.g. ID tickets or a free breakfast while on layover, have to be taxed, meaning you will pay tax on it as it is treated as a benefit or a form of salary.

Regarding the 16,3% tax free part, it used to be the case that in a month you don’t fly at all or even only partly, because of sick leave or vacation, the amount can be reduced pro rated for the time you don’t be available for duty. However to receive the 16,3% tax free allowance this has to be agreed up on between the employer and the local tax authorities.

For those not familiar with pay figures on aircraft like a B777 keep in mind you will certainly generate a lot of revenue and net income for a company. It’s not a B737 or an A320!

I know pay is not everything, but what kind of rostering can you expect? How are the hotels? Expect a lot of time away from base and home, so hotels are your second home and should provide a decent standard.

Again, my calculations might be totally wrong. I am not a tax adviser! You can find some tools on the web that I used e.g. nettolohnrechner