PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Criminalisation of Accidents
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2008, 20:04
Bronx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PBL
If what you wrote are all your reasons, then it is hard for me to see how they suffice.
Fair enough, you're entitled to your point of view, but in your previous post you accused me of just stating my point of view without giving my reasons for it.

Suppose a legislator were to consider your point of view: professional pilots should be exempt from prosecution for negligence because professional pilots are never negligent.
There you go again.
I didn't say any such thing.

I happen to think there's greater good to be achieved in terms of flight safety if pilots who've made a mistake or been negligent are able to speak freely about what they did/failed to do so that others can learn from it than if pilots rely on their legal right not to incriminate themselves for fear of being prosecuted and sent to jail.
We don't learn from other people's mistakes unless we know what mistakes they made and, many times, we ain't gonna find out unless they tell us. How many people would say what mistakes they made and risk going to jail when keeping quiet means nobody finds out?

Last edited by Bronx; 10th Feb 2008 at 20:19.