Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Military Aviation
Reload this Page >

Pissed Up Chinook Crew cause embarassment?

Wikiposts
Search
Military Aviation A forum for the professionals who fly military hardware. Also for the backroom boys and girls who support the flying and maintain the equipment, and without whom nothing would ever leave the ground. All armies, navies and air forces of the world equally welcome here.

Search this Thread

Old 14th Jul 2008, 21:22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear banter along the lines that a pissed up duo of Chinook mates may have taken the opportunity to very publicly chest poke CAS at RIAT?
Subsequent RTU(whilst still innebriated)!
Is it true??

I guess timing is everything!
Old 14th Jul 2008, 21:24

Received 180 Likes on 66 Posts
Wasn't me!
Old 14th Jul 2008, 21:35

Thumbs up Only got what he deserves

They probably reminded him that when he comes to Kandahar he could at least stop by when he sees aircrew in RAF uniforms in JHF. Visiting both the Herc and Harrier dets and walking blankly in front of 1310 Flt without stopping is not something we take lightly. Especially when the SH force currently contributes to 60-70% of awards to the RAF, majority of which to the various Chinook dets. Not that it should make a difference to be fair. We all have a hard job and all to it very well as far as I m concerned.
He's a c*ck anyway

Well done lads!
Old 14th Jul 2008, 21:37

Absolute disgrace to the uniform.....
Old 14th Jul 2008, 21:43

Absolute disgrace to the uniform.....
CAS or the Chinook crew?
Old 14th Jul 2008, 21:49

No prizes for guessing CAS .

Last edited by wokawoka; 14th Jul 2008 at 21:50. Reason: Can t spell still.....
Old 14th Jul 2008, 21:53

Both are the type of people I'd rather have inside the tent pissing outwards rather than the other way around...
Old 14th Jul 2008, 21:57

Odiham - the RAF's answer to positive morale. No wonder CAS got 'wokka'd'.

Apart fom an extra fitness test, what has he done for the SH Force?
Old 14th Jul 2008, 22:01

If your hobby is to tell the truth to CAS and open his eyes to the fact the front line is NOT Typhoon today and he could free some cash for other more pressing issues then good on you.

And BluntM8, I d be worried if you had a fetish for people pissing inside your tent...

Last edited by wokawoka; 14th Jul 2008 at 22:12.
Old 14th Jul 2008, 22:14

Not bad buddy. Name names (by PM) will you! Can I assume that the matter delicately addressed by the wokka mates was akin to Gen Melchetts' 'total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face'. Is there some carpet shuffling to follow?
Old 14th Jul 2008, 22:26

Visiting both the Herc and Harrier dets and walking blankly in front of 1310 Flt without stopping is not something we take lightly
It is quite amazing how my five year old brother used to adopt the same thought process when trying to get his point across. Stamping his feet and crying in tescos always achieved the aim

I guess the thread title should be changed to "Chinook mates feel unloved"

Anyway, the important question is - if you guys are so overworked, why do you have the spare capacity to send guys to black tie functions?
Old 14th Jul 2008, 22:32

Icarrus,

First I did not say we were overworked. I think there are other SH forces who work harder than us because Odiham for all its faults has developed the fight by flights. It works.

To come back to my point where you compare us to a crying unloved child. His behaviour was a clear sign of poor leadership. He should not be surprised to be reminded. So how about you retract your statement and try not to start a useless argument on the forum.

Otherwise I might put your name forward to become the next CAS.....
Old 14th Jul 2008, 22:57

Miniperson is obviously under worked as he spends most of his time on here. Still I guess you can do that on the OCF.
Really, Im sure I've told you before I am not on the OCF. But then Im sure Ive told you what a ill informed prick you are too. No doubt I will get another rant via pm from you.

I tell you what, pm me who you are and Ill make a point of introducing myself in person. If not, shut the f@Łk up or get your facts right. Knobscoffer.

Thats better.
Old 15th Jul 2008, 00:11
KeepItTidy

LOL good work Chinny crews , I think the Kipper fleet groundies think the same in fact we are a burden to our hierachy. I know we never get a mention in RAF news we are the ones that the powers above are told to avoid. I might be wrong but thats the feeling .

Saying that I think CAS came to up north a few weeks ago and had a sortie on a jet but Im not 100% certain i was on nights, either way there were no cameras about so it must have been lies. Other shift wankers.

Anyway Typhoon will replace Nimrod in 2010 as well as the ageing Sea King fleet , in fact rumour has it Typhoon will take over the ford mondeo so im lead to beleive . If you are an officer and have banked your shares in Typhoon you are laughing as Saudi will give you as much money as you ask.

Old 15th Jul 2008, 07:11

Typhoon will take over the ford mondeo
Whoops now you've done it. There'll be a black one outside your basha any minute now.
Old 15th Jul 2008, 08:37

Thanks for the PM 1.4G

Tea white none please.
Old 15th Jul 2008, 08:43

I am not sure the words CAS and leadership should exist in the same sentence, have a chat with any of the families who witnessed his lamentable performance last week.

Hope the boss of the Chinner crew was understanding.
Old 15th Jul 2008, 08:52

well done the Loadies..............

I have it on good authority that said Chinook rearcrew God was put to bed by some very senior hired help who overheard ' right Glen, this is what you really need to do'. Good on him, but why does everyone think that Sir Glen doesnt know these things? Is it because Air dont tell him and there is a pooh filter somewhere down the A40? or is it because there just isnt the money and resources to do anything about it.

People and recruiting are the focus at the moment and will be until those coming in = those going out. The new leave policy will help though....... whoever thought that up wants reaming.
Old 15th Jul 2008, 09:12

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
Whilst being rude and insubordinate to a wheel in public is hardly 'conduct becoming', you may well have valid point with the poo-filtering.

When the TWUs were killed off by the 'mirror image' AFTS training system, it was only when he made a crewroom visit and received a bit of chest-poking that a VSO learned the truth - by which time, of course, it was all too late. "Why wasn't I told this before" was his reported comment.

Similarly, the excellent Waddington sessions with Sir John Allison some years ago were held partly to bypass the multi-level poo-filtering anything raised at squadron shag level had received before it reached his ears.
Old 15th Jul 2008, 09:18

The new leave policy will help though....... whoever thought that up wants reaming.
What new leave policy is this then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.