Fragrant Harbour A forum for the large number of pilots (expats and locals) based with the various airlines in Hong Kong. Air Traffic Controllers are also warmly welcomed into the forum.

Why yammer?

Old 11th Aug 2022, 01:01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why yammer?

Yammer is a place for employees to let off steam and for mis-managers to identify trouble makers. Why post there?

We should be hitting the CHP with demands for science based procedures and the CAD with safety issues (FTLs - rest periods / white chairs).

If you are worried about being sacked for raising legitimate safety concerns, use the TOR browser and anonymous email services. Copy the media in. Public shaming of dumb government policies. This is something the AOA should be all over, perhaps they are scared of the NSL and CCP.
Old 11th Aug 2022, 04:12

Yammer

Originally Posted by controlledrest
Yammer is a place for employees to let off steam and for mis-managers to identify trouble makers. Why post there?

We should be hitting the CHP with demands for science based procedures and the CAD with safety issues (FTLs - rest periods / white chairs).

If you are worried about being sacked for raising legitimate safety concerns, use the TOR browser and anonymous email services. Copy the media in. Public shaming of dumb government policies. This is something the AOA should be all over, perhaps they are scared of the NSL and CCP.
Y'all forgetting who is your new master and it AIN'T CX Swire muppets. PERIOD !! 🇨🇳
Old 11th Aug 2022, 05:04

I have never seen anything ever raised on yammer, surveys, directly with managers ever fixed for the better. Not before, not now, and certainly not at the new CX. Simple things like productivity pay threshold lowered for trainers/pilots doing China only.... Yeah they really appreciate the horrid conditions we work under. The reality is they don't care. While people keep turning up and getting excited over being above the threshold, nothing will change.
Old 11th Aug 2022, 12:11

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by RAT Management
I have never seen anything ever raised on yammer, surveys, directly with managers ever fixed for the better. Not before, not now, and certainly not at the new CX. Simple things like productivity pay threshold lowered for trainers/pilots doing China only.... Yeah they really appreciate the horrid conditions we work under. The reality is they don't care. While people keep turning up and getting excited over being above the threshold, nothing will change.
We now get an extra 7 bucks in SFO to cater for the delivery charge…
Old 11th Aug 2022, 16:36

Originally Posted by AQIS Boigu
We now get an extra 7 bucks in SFO to cater for the delivery charge…
Wow, I stand corrected. But I certainly didn't see captain's get their full 13 month after it was raised that all other staff were getting theirs. I guess the manager whose pay is back to pre covid levels is feeling guilty that you have had a permanent pay cut.
Old 11th Aug 2022, 17:12

I am absolutely convinced that at the 9th floor christmas party one of the highlights, after a few dozen Cheval Blanc 1982, is them taking turns reading out loud the most hilarious posts of pilots on Yammer.
Old 12th Aug 2022, 00:29

Originally Posted by Sam Ting Wong
I am absolutely convinced that at the 9th floor christmas party one of the highlights, after a few dozen Cheval Blanc 1982, is them taking turns reading out loud the most hilarious posts of pilots on Yammer.
I think a few of your gems on this forum might feature too STW
Old 12th Aug 2022, 04:03

Reading

C'mon now..... The only thing they read from on the 9th floor these days is their personal copies of the Little Red Book 🇨🇳 👲
Old 12th Aug 2022, 07:17

If there’s one thing any self respecting narcissist dislikes, it’s public humiliation. It wasn’t that long ago that a yammer post was the catalyst for a certain DFO to be sent from the 9th floor corner office to a chair and table on the street and ultimately out the door.

”Methinks the lady doth protest too much”.
STW. I like your input on these forums to counterbalance the typical chest beaters, but you can occasionally over do it and expose your hand.
Which of your friends are feeling the heat? Or is it you?
Old 12th Aug 2022, 18:22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Surely someone at Boston Consulting Group or similar created Yammer as a social media tool for intra company SNSing.... and CEO mates got in.... and all companies now want to spend money on it.
Old 14th Aug 2022, 09:48

Managers when they read valid concerning posts on Yammer.