Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Military Aviation
Reload this Page >

Discrimination and Prejudice alive and well in the RAF

Wikiposts
Search
Military Aviation A forum for the professionals who fly military hardware. Also for the backroom boys and girls who support the flying and maintain the equipment, and without whom nothing would ever leave the ground. All armies, navies and air forces of the world equally welcome here.

Search this Thread

Old 2nd May 2022, 17:21

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

The following email was recently leaked to the Press, and highlights the disgusting and inexcusable prejudice that still festers in the RAF. What have 'White Males' done to deserve this? If I was a serving White Male pilot (I am an 'ex' one), I would be so disillusioned with the RAF's opinion of me as being unworthy of representing the Organization that I fight for.

I copied the email from LinkedIn, but it can be found on myriad sites. No reply from CAS though...

Truly Shameful.

Old 2nd May 2022, 17:30

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Pronoun use is poor as well.
Old 2nd May 2022, 17:52

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts
Sarah should be ashamed of himself.
Old 2nd May 2022, 17:59

Received 98 Likes on 51 Posts
Good to know that with a war in Europe, and the operational parts of the RAF being pretty busy as a result , someone is worrying about the important stuff.
Old 2nd May 2022, 18:02

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Baldeep Inminj
The following email was recently leaked to the Press, and highlights the disgusting and inexcusable prejudice that still festers in the RAF. What have 'White Males' done to deserve this? If I was a serving White Male pilot (I am an 'ex' one), I would be so disillusioned with the RAF's opinion of me as being unworthy of representing the Organization that I fight for.

I copied the email from LinkedIn, but it can be found on myriad sites. No reply from CAS though...

Truly Shameful.

well, on the plus side, if you Google “raf pilot” on an image search, you get pages and pages of white males. So feel free to take your snowflake self to any of those pictures…
Old 2nd May 2022, 18:32

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,168 Posts
Sigh, still using Pilots as the face of the RAF when it is a team effort..
Old 2nd May 2022, 18:39

Received 145 Likes on 28 Posts
Sigh, still using Pilots as the face of the RAF when it is a team effort..
Nutloose, you know it’s all about pilots…!! (Well, the film anyway).
Old 2nd May 2022, 18:51

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
So glad I came out (wish I hadn't said that) in 2013.
on the outside, looking in, it's shameful.
Old 2nd May 2022, 18:58

Received 135 Likes on 63 Posts
Pilots … it was ever thus. That’s all The Public know. Whenever I say I was in the RAF, the immediate response is “Were you a Pilot?” … and the lights dim when I say “No”. Now I don’t even mention my irrelevant 30 years of commissioned service: I just enjoy the Pension, as does my Admin (Sec) OH.

As for the Tweet … V.O.M.I.T. 🤮
Old 2nd May 2022, 22:19

Received 22 Likes on 6 Posts
Baldeep. Indeed. This is the racist sexist coddswallop those serving have to put up with. Did a whole day of listening to some idiot from High Wycombe the other day, implying that white males were the root of all evil, whilst letting loose that she had joined the airforce under fraudulent terms and was gaining a comission without undertaking any oficer training.
[/QUOTE]
Old 2nd May 2022, 22:31
Ecce Homo! Loquitur...

Received 1,568 Likes on 714 Posts
Discrimination and prejudice - because so few male white pilots achieve high rank in the RAF…
Old 2nd May 2022, 23:38

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
I'm surprised that even Wiggy the Woke would allow some claptrap like that to appear in print. Sarah, you need to tell the 'Air Media and Communications Project Manager' that such nonsense simply won't wash.

Even though I'm long out of the Service, I came across this woke 'inclusivity' rubbish recently from an Air Officer. I should have told him of the words of a senior officer many years ago "I don't go along with this pathetic political correctness - in my day we just wanted to join the RAF to fly green aeroplanes which kill people!".

Anyone volunteering to be the 'RAF face' for Top Gun: Maverick (do get the title correct!) would surely never live it down afterwards!
Old 2nd May 2022, 23:42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Although I am a white, male, spanner chucker, I self-identify as a non-white, non-specific gender, pilot. Do I get the job?
Old 2nd May 2022, 23:42

Received 180 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by BEagle
I'm surprised that even Wiggy the Woke would allow some claptrap like that to appear in print. Sarah, you need to tell the 'Air Media and Communications Project Manager' that such nonsense simply won't wash.

Even though I'm long out of the Service, I came across this woke 'inclusivity' rubbish recently from an Air Officer. I should have told him of the words of a senior officer many years ago "I don't go along with this pathetic political correctness - in my day we just wanted to join the RAF to fly green aeroplanes which kill people!".

Anyone volunteering to be the 'RAF face' for Top Gun: Maverick (do get the title correct!) would surely never live it down afterwards!
i’m in agreement with Beagle - not sure which one of us will be more shocked.
Old 3rd May 2022, 00:46

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
I reckon BEagle's last sentence hits the nail squarely on the head.
Old 3rd May 2022, 04:42

Received 517 Likes on 145 Posts
My view.

Whilst I pray the email is a wind-up I find it as unsurprising as it is unpleasant.

There’s not really much else to say.

Nutloose, whilst I hear where you’re coming from with your ‘one team, one fight’ viewpoint I think, for a Topgun related event, I’m sure even you must concede that a pilot (RN vs RAF debate aside) is probably required.

BV
Old 3rd May 2022, 05:30

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
57 years ago, a friend appeared as a pilot in the advertisement: " A week in the life of ????? - RAF pilot" - he still gets reminded of it.

Any person tempted to apply for the latest rubbish should think again - if white was selected, they would never live it down and if they are of a different hue, would also find themselves embarrassed. Perhaps a cardboard mockup of aircrew of different colour and gender would actually show the 'Sarah' to find another job! Silly arse!

Old Duffer
(White , straight male, unreconstructed and no idea what pronouns are (GCE 'O' level english failed))
Old 3rd May 2022, 05:35

Received 87 Likes on 22 Posts
Why are the Air Force getting involved? Isn't this 'Naval Aviator' territory? 😁
Old 3rd May 2022, 06:18

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At first I thought it was a wind-up ... alas FZjr, a serving officer, reports that the operational base where he is is well beyond the 'u-bend'. The Goon Show would have a field day.
Old 3rd May 2022, 07:51

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts
Sarah gonna need a bigger boat, methinks. The OFC is so easily triggered.

CG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.