Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Flying Instructors & Examiners
Reload this Page >

ME-IR-SPA Re validation examiners EU help?

Flying Instructors & Examiners A place for instructors to communicate with one another because some of them get a bit tired of the attitude that instructing is the lowest form of aviation, as seems to prevail on some of the other forums!

ME-IR-SPA Re validation examiners EU help?

Old 26th Dec 2018, 15:05
  #1 (permalink)  
super one eleven
Posts: n/a
ME-IR-SPA Re validation examiners EU help?

Does anyone know the cheapest countries to convert my UK licences to EU CPL ME-IR Class 1 licences.
Also does any one know any examiners that have their own twin engine aircraft to do the ME-IR revalidation.
Which are the cheapest countries in EU to do all this please?
Old 27th Dec 2018, 07:11
  #2 (permalink)  
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hotel this week, hotel next week, home whenever...
Posts: 1,402
I would strongly recommend that you get all ratings up to date before transferring away from the U.K.

There are plenty of examiners with access to ME aircraft so to pick one to recommend is difficult- what aircraft type and avionics fit are you comfortable with?

As for cheap CAs to transfer to, not sure. As for good ones, IAA - friendly and efficient service.
Duchess_Driver is offline  
Old 27th Dec 2018, 08:08
  #3 (permalink)  
super one eleven
Posts: n/a
ME-IR-SPA yearly revals. Any one changing from UK CAA to EASA.

Changing from UK CAA to EASA.
ME-IR-SPA yearly revals.
Comfortable with Seneca/Duchess types.
Looking for examiners with own aircraft.
Wondering if there is any in Poland, Lithuania, Czech, Cyprus type countries?
Old 27th Dec 2018, 17:02
  #4 (permalink)  
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Europe
Posts: 6,196
If you have UK CAA licence is it National or JAA? either way something must have expired or you would already have an EASA licence.
If ratings have expired you will need course completion certificate for a renewal before you can test.
As its a UK Licence, non UK Examiners may be able to test, but most probably can't sign you up as they can only sign licences issued by the State that issues their certificate.
Probably best to renew/revalidate and convert in UK, then if you wish change your State of Licence Issue, bearing in mind that if you don't live there or work for a company there, they may not want to play.
Whopity is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.