Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Ground & Other Ops Forums > Engineers & Technicians
Reload this Page >

How long must you hold a licence before you can change?

Engineers & Technicians In this day and age of increased CRM and safety awareness, a forum for the guys and girls who keep our a/c serviceable.

How long must you hold a licence before you can change?

Old 13th Jan 2019, 14:50
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 72
How long must you hold a licence before you can change?

I was just wondering say if someone had just gained a B1.2 licence, how long would they need to hold that licence for before they could change to a B1.1 licence, I know the conversion period is 6 months, but is that from the day the person got their B1.2 or say after 12 months of holding that licence?
airsouthwest is offline  
Old 13th Jan 2019, 14:59
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: EDDF
Posts: 127
Originally Posted by airsouthwest View Post
I was just wondering say if someone had just gained a B1.2 licence, how long would they need to hold that licence for before they could change to a B1.1 licence, I know the conversion period is 6 months, but is that from the day the person got their B1.2 or say after 12 months of holding that licence?
Here is a table for the inclusion of another licence category!
For the work experience, the SWISS or Austrocontrol are having logbook samples.
Use only those that are different from your licence to the new licence you want to obtain!
I hope this helps!
easaman
easaman is offline  
Old 14th Jan 2019, 19:42
  #3 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 72
Originally Posted by easaman View Post
Here is a table for the inclusion of another licence category!
For the work experience, the SWISS or Austrocontrol are having logbook samples.
Use only those that are different from your licence to the new licence you want to obtain!
I hope this helps!
easaman
Thanks I was more looking for B1.2 Piston engine to B1.1 Gas Turbine, in which case, I believe its 6 months practical experience, plus resitting Module 11(11a instead of 11b) and Module 15 instead of 16.
airsouthwest is offline  
Old 15th Jan 2019, 17:17
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: LaLaLand
Posts: 114
Not sure where you got the 6 months from but it's 2 years - You would need to demonstrate 2 years B1.1 tasks ( don't look at it as time) see Appendix IV — Experience requirements for extending a Part-66 aircraft maintenance licence
BluFin is offline  
Old 16th Jan 2019, 19:41
  #5 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 72
Originally Posted by BluFin View Post
Not sure where you got the 6 months from but it's 2 years - You would need to demonstrate 2 years B1.1 tasks ( don't look at it as time) see Appendix IV Experience requirements for extending a Part-66 aircraft maintenance licence
Its on the EASA website, there's a conversion chart. What your referring to sounds like someone coming from a Part 147 course to getting a B1.1
airsouthwest is offline  
Old 19th Jan 2019, 15:57
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: LaLaLand
Posts: 114
No what you are giving is the numbers for a B1.1 to a B1.2
You need to look at B1.2 to B1.1 it's two years
50% reduction if you have done a B1.1 Approved 147 basic training course
BluFin is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.