PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Cabin Crew Wannabes (https://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes-130/)
-   -   Virgin Australia Recruitment (https://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew-wannabes/640864-virgin-australia-recruitment.html)

gg_gop 4th Jun 2021 01:45

Virgin Australia Recruitment
 
Hello,

Did anyone else attend the 17th of May 2021 Assessment Day for Virgin Australia Cabin Crew for Sydney Based?

I am currently in the transit lounge now waiting for the ground school. If we are on the same boat, I would like to keep in touch!


Thanks!

gg_gop 28th Jun 2021 10:37


Originally Posted by frizzann (Post 11062162)
I have just been asked to do the video interview. Can you remember if you get a chance to prepare your answer once you start or do you have to record your answer straight away?

Hello,

I am really sorry for my very late reply. This time i did not have to do a video interview but two years ago when I applied for regional cabin crew they did ask me to do it. So they sent me a link to do a video interview. You can prepare and take as many videos as u want and choose the best one that u like to upload it on the link that they sent you.

Which stages are you at now? I would love to hear from you! and again I'm sorry for my late reply cuz i did not get the notifications
Cheers

Rejoiner 4th Jul 2021 10:43

Any rumours circulating on when they anticipate external SYD crew recruitment. I see that ADL and MEL are currently looking for new starters so hoping that SYD may be also looking for crew again soon.

scottybne 11th Jul 2021 15:35

Does anyone have any updates, Iíve done reference checks, ASIC, just waiting on medical .

love2fly2022 25th Apr 2022 19:03

Virgin Australia applications
 
Has anyone heard back from VA after applying for BNE cabin crew this year?

islandwings 4th May 2022 01:20

Yes I did. I was sent a link for a video interview. Recorded it and thought I did really bad. Moving forward, I have been invited to an assessment day end of this month. How about you?

love2fly2022 4th May 2022 01:50

Congratulations on moving forward. I still have not heard anything.

love2fly2022 8th May 2022 23:39


Originally Posted by islandwings (Post 11224769)
Yes I did. I was sent a link for a video interview. Recorded it and thought I did really bad. Moving forward, I have been invited to an assessment day end of this month. How about you?

I would love to hear how it goes and if you find out anything about future assessment days.

love2fly2022 24th May 2022 23:22

Video interview
 

Originally Posted by islandwings (Post 11224769)
Yes I did. I was sent a link for a video interview. Recorded it and thought I did really bad. Moving forward, I have been invited to an assessment day end of this month. How about you?

I have just received an email to do a video interview. Do you get the chance to record your response and re-do it if you arenít happy with it, or is there just one shot at getting it right? Can you share what questions you were asked or not?

islandwings 26th May 2022 04:52

Hey, I think it was just one shot per question. Video was 1 practice + 3 main questions. Have you done it?? Good luck with it. Also, I got through and onto referees. My fingers are crossed, haha

love2fly2022 26th May 2022 05:24


Originally Posted by islandwings (Post 11235640)
Hey, I think it was just one shot per question. Video was 1 practice + 3 main questions. Have you done it?? Good luck with it. Also, I got through and onto referees. My fingers are crossed, haha

I submitted my video this morning. Congratulations on making it through!

islandwings 26th May 2022 11:11


Originally Posted by love2fly2022 (Post 11235643)
I submitted my video this morning. Congratulations on making it through!

Yay you submitted it. Let me know if you get an assessment day interview. Good luck :) :)

islandwings 27th May 2022 00:21


Originally Posted by love2fly2022 (Post 11235643)
I submitted my video this morning. Congratulations on making it through!

I just re-read your thread. Let me know when you get to Assessment Day and I'll give you tips. Exciting times :)

islandwings 30th May 2022 13:05

Hey love2fly2022,
How did you go with your video? Any response from VA? :)

love2fly2022 1st Jun 2022 20:28


Originally Posted by islandwings (Post 11237811)
Hey love2fly2022,
How did you go with your video? Any response from VA? :)

yes I just got an invitation to an assessment day yesterday! Very excited. Any tips are appreciated. Were all the ladies wearing red lipstick?
Have you gotten a date yet for starting training?

islandwings 2nd Jun 2022 10:15

Congratulations! How exciting. Lipstick, some wore red. I didn't. I wore a lovely neutral which suited my conservative look. I can help you with your AD. Should we pm?

love2fly2022 2nd Jun 2022 15:15


Originally Posted by islandwings (Post 11239437)
Congratulations! How exciting. Lipstick, some wore red. I didn't. I wore a lovely neutral which suited my conservative look. I can help you with your AD. Should we pm?

Good cuz I am not a red lipstick type either. [email protected]

emily713 4th Jun 2022 11:56

Does anyone know if the current vacancy for cabin crew based out of Melbourne is domestic or international? Thanks

love2fly2022 5th Jun 2022 04:22

Iím not sure but since VA is only doing domestic and short haul to Fiji, Bali, and NZ I am guessing that it is domestic

islandwings 6th Jun 2022 10:43


Originally Posted by emily713 (Post 11240625)
Does anyone know if the current vacancy for cabin crew based out of Melbourne is domestic or international? Thanks

I heard from the recent assessment day, VA CC is only domestic and short international as the company is in recovery mode and that's what is financially viable for Bain Capital to keep the operation of VA running.

djw024 6th Jun 2022 14:45

Im going to VA assessment day in BNE on the 22nd June Morning session, anyone come on the same session and same day? PM me plz

love2fly2022 6th Jun 2022 15:32


Originally Posted by djw024 (Post 11241722)
Im going to VA assessment day in BNE on the 22nd June Morning session, anyone come on the same session and same day? PM me plz

I will be at the afternoon session on the 22nd.

islandwings 7th Jun 2022 01:17

Good luck! The team are super nice! I attended the AD last month. I've had my ref checks and medical.

tsym98 10th Jun 2022 05:55


Originally Posted by djw024 (Post 11241722)
Im going to VA assessment day in BNE on the 22nd June Morning session, anyone come on the same session and same day? PM me plz

I'll also be attending the morning session! :)

islandwings 23rd Jun 2022 00:37

Hi guys, How did you go with your AD? I'm sure it went well. :)

tsym98 24th Jun 2022 06:56


Originally Posted by islandwings (Post 11250298)
Hi guys, How did you go with your AD? I'm sure it went well. :)

It was great! Such a lovely team. Iíve received my email letting me know Iím progressing, just waiting for the checks to be sent to my referees :) Do you know how long this took for yours to be sent out?

Babs2023 25th Jun 2022 07:57

Waiting to hear from Virgin
 
I have attended a recruitment day and then progressed and have completed everything including a medical however haven't heard anything from Virgin. How long does it take after the Medical to know if your successful for flight school? I am based in Sydney

tsym98 27th Jun 2022 06:06


Originally Posted by tsym98 (Post 11250817)
It was great! Such a lovely team. Iíve received my email letting me know Iím progressing, just waiting for the checks to be sent to my referees :) Do you know how long this took for yours to be sent out?

Actually update- I received about 6 emails in one hit about my references being sent out and water assessment. Just waiting to book the medical now!

islandwings 29th Jun 2022 14:02

Good question! I'm in Brisbane and everything's gone quiet since my medical. It's a slow waiting game.

islandwings 29th Jun 2022 14:04


Originally Posted by tsym98 (Post 11252178)
Actually update- I received about 6 emails in one hit about my references being sent out and water assessment. Just waiting to book the medical now!

I've done my referees & medical but didn't get asked to do my swim. Interesting.... It's gone quiet at my end too. Waiting game.

Babs2023 30th Jun 2022 01:06

When did you attend your recruitment day?

tsym98 30th Jun 2022 03:26

That's really strange they didn't ask you to do the swim...! My medical is all done now so also in the waiting game... hopefully we hear sooner rather than later.

Mgmfly 2nd Jul 2022 07:21

Is anyone starting in the Sydney assesment day on the 1st of August?? Would love to connect!

Mgmfly 4th Jul 2022 11:00


Originally Posted by Mgmfly (Post 11254863)
Is anyone starting in the Sydney assesment day on the 1st of August?? Would love to connect!

sorry I meant to write ground school not assesment day🥂

Babs2023 6th Jul 2022 12:22


Originally Posted by Mgmfly (Post 11255925)
sorry I meant to write ground school not assesment day🥂

Congrats, how exciting for you!! When did you attend your assessment day? I have done all checks including medical but still waiting to hear, when weíre you notified?

Babs2023 6th Jul 2022 12:35

Still waiting
 
Wondering where everyone is at with their application, nothing has progressed after my medial and ref checks etc and Iím starting to lose hope!!

Babs2023 7th Jul 2022 03:44

Congratulations! When did you attend your Assessment Day?

tsym98 7th Jul 2022 04:00


Originally Posted by Babs2023 (Post 11257142)
Wondering where everyone is at with their application, nothing has progressed after my medial and ref checks etc and Iím starting to lose hope!!

Had my medical last week and submitted my ref checks + swim assessment also. I'm hoping there's some further info soon!

Mgmfly 7th Jul 2022 07:30


Originally Posted by Babs2023 (Post 11257503)
Congratulations! When did you attend your Assessment Day?

I attended assessment day on the 23rd of June! All up took about a week to get a contract! Starting ground school on the 1st of august if anyone else is in the same boat?

love2fly2022 7th Jul 2022 16:22

Waiting
 
I attended a BNE assessment day on 22 June. They said we would get 4 weeks notice for ground school.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:27.


Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.