Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Cabin Crew Wannabes
Reload this Page >

Qantas International 2023 recruitment

Cabin Crew Wannabes For discussing all aspects of becoming Cabin Crew, including applications and the assessment process.

Qantas International 2023 recruitment

Old 16th Jul 2023, 16:01
  #341 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: Australia
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kylie walker
I donít condone cheating, but how easy would it be to cheat a verbal language test with the help of a translator and a hearing aid?
It would be so easy to set up a hidden speaker and just use a translator to provide answers in whatever language. Anyone could do this.

For those who are fluent, well done and best of luck on your exam. I wish I had practiced my Cantonese, Qantas will probably be recruiting again for the new direct Hong kong routes.
I just went though the test myself this week and there was a 3rd party spectator on the zoom call with you to prevent you from having any ear piece, notes or computer screen on during the whole time of the test.

The spectator will ask you to show your working space prior, and make you share your computer screen, no headphones were allowed.

The only thing you can do is to pick up your mobile phone and call the language accessor - and if the spectator sees anything suspicious from your end, the exam will be terminated.

I would say itís pretty hard to cheat, but it sucks having to pay so much to get verify though.
emzi is offline  
Old 16th Jul 2023, 23:32
  #342 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by emzi
Hi all,

I've gotten a call and an email from a TA today, first thanking me for taking the 2nd language test then asking me to redo the drug and alcohol test and the CPR certificate (it is only valid for 6 months for Qantas, but 1 year for normal usage), and she said that GS will be starting in September.

My timeline -
Applied - Oct 2022
Assessment day - Nov 2023
Medical - March 2023
2nd Language test - just 3 days ago

Honestly, I almost gave up and already got offered other full time roles, but thank god I haven't signed the actual contract yet :P
Just wanted to let you guys know that I think they are still working through the holding pool and there are still some GS going on, we might not need to wait till the end of the year!!
Hang tight
Hi emzi!

I got the same call last week! we might be in the same GS 😮 but is not a confirmed date. Did they actually give you a date? or a rough estimate? Iím re-doing my medicals today, hopefully after this iíll hear a more definite date.

my timeline:
Applied: November 2022
AD: December 2nd 2022
Medical: December 2022
2nd language test: 2 weeks ago

Im so happy to hear they are actually going through the hold pool!

good luck everyone!
badbadnotgood is offline  
Old 16th Jul 2023, 23:34
  #343 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by littlenicky23
Hi, just a quick question do they call on your mobile number or does it have to be on a landline? I have my second language exam this week. Thanks in advance.
The assessor gives you a phone to ring on the spot, make sure you type +1 before you call, otherwise it wonít go through
badbadnotgood is offline  
Old 16th Jul 2023, 23:37
  #344 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SnakeBite
Did Qantas or Bodycare email you? I paid in March 2023 AUD$299
I know that the Drug and Alcohol test is the only one which Qantas makes you redo it and pay for it. The process and its procedures may change 🤷‍♂️ perhaps some expiry date
I emailed TA right after and they are paying for everything, so I donít have to worry about it, first I got an email from Bodycare and 2 hours later, Qantas, they also called me for GS in September!
badbadnotgood is offline  
Old 17th Jul 2023, 03:10
  #345 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 107
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Do u think u passed?

Originally Posted by emzi
I just went though the test myself this week and there was a 3rd party spectator on the zoom call with you to prevent you from having any ear piece, notes or computer screen on during the whole time of the test.

The spectator will ask you to show your working space prior, and make you share your computer screen, no headphones were allowed.

The only thing you can do is to pick up your mobile phone and call the language accessor - and if the spectator sees anything suspicious from your end, the exam will be terminated.

I would say itís pretty hard to cheat, but it sucks having to pay so much to get verify though.
You must not have seen the new earpieces and cameras you can buy that are the size of a pin head.

On zoom noone would be able to actually see inside your ear!
Iím just being cheeky, and I personally wouldnít want to cheat because I would care about my passengers understanding me during an emergency, and doing my job properly.and I donít cheat.

What is the cost of verifying language skills? I canít believe they make candidates pay to prove they are qualified. It that even legal?

Last edited by Kylie walker; 21st Jul 2023 at 18:54.
Kylie walker is offline  
Old 17th Jul 2023, 06:14
  #346 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: Australia
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kylie walker
You must not have seen the new earpieces and cameras you can buy that are the size of a pin head.

On zoom noone would be able to actually see inside your ear!
Iím just being cheeky, and I personally wouldnít want to cheat because I care more about my passengers comfort and safety, and would rather learn so I can do my job properly.

What is the cost of verifying language skills? I canít believe they make you pay to prove you are qualified. It that even legal?

My result was in within 3 hours, but I was tested for my native language, so it might be pretty straight forward for them I think.

The cost of the test was 144 USD not including 35 minutes overseas phone call charges.
Itís pretty annoying for someone who is not ethnically Australian having to pay for a 3rd party to verify their native language, in my previous airline this was all done in house.
emzi is offline  
Old 17th Jul 2023, 12:46
  #347 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 107
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by emzi
My result was in within 3 hours, but I was tested for my native language, so it might be pretty straight forward for them I think.

The cost of the test was 144 USD not including 35 minutes overseas phone call charges.
Itís pretty annoying for someone who is not ethnically Australian having to pay for a 3rd party to verify their native language, in my previous airline this was all done in house.
Oh wow, thatís absurd!
$200AUD??? I hope they pay you a graduation bonus?
Well itís good thing you passed, hey! Congratulations, when do you commence GS?
Kylie walker is offline  
Old 17th Jul 2023, 22:22
  #348 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 57
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SEP GS

Good morning! Anyone here being called for September GS that doesnít speak a 2nd language?
Koko90 is offline  
Old 18th Jul 2023, 02:54
  #349 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Matty29
Congrats!! 😃

Do you need to redo the whole medical, or just the alcohol & drug component?
I had to do redo both of them completely, which i guess is a bit of an advantage when you know what to expect 🤷‍♂️
badbadnotgood is offline  
Old 18th Jul 2023, 03:06
  #350 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi I got a call for GS in September. Just wondering is anyone relocating to Sydney or already flying or in GS after relocation?
dailyminyo is offline  
Old 18th Jul 2023, 04:47
  #351 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 57
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dailyminyo
Hi I got a call for GS in September. Just wondering is anyone relocating to Sydney or already flying or in GS after relocation?
hi dailyminyo! CONGRATS. You must be excited. Did they say if GS is late SEP or early? Did they mention any other GS?
Koko90 is offline  
Old 18th Jul 2023, 05:49
  #352 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 107
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Koko90
Good morning! Anyone here being called for September GS that doesnít speak a 2nd language?
Hi Koko,

I was invited to attend an AD with only basic Cantonese skills.

Unfortunately I had to choose between my applications, as I received an offer from Qantaslink to fly regional. I regret accepting their offer as I think they still hire those without any 2nd language.

Iím sure all the native Australianís operating flights to Hong Kong donít speak ANY cantonese, whereas I at least understand and speak some.
what international flights do you hope to be on?
Kylie walker is offline  
Old 18th Jul 2023, 05:58
  #353 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Melbourne
Age: 34
Posts: 55
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by emzi
My result was in within 3 hours, but I was tested for my native language, so it might be pretty straight forward for them I think.

The cost of the test was 144 USD not including 35 minutes overseas phone call charges.
Itís pretty annoying for someone who is not ethnically Australian having to pay for a 3rd party to verify their native language, in my previous airline this was all done in house.

Thank you very much for the heads up of the $$$ phone call charges as I can prevent that by getting an international phone plan. You saved me 85 AUD (35min) and the plan cost me 8 AUD for 60min to call to the United States of America 😆 ( I doubt LTI Language Test International will allow skype call to international call which rates are low)
SnakeBite is offline  
Old 18th Jul 2023, 07:00
  #354 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: Australia
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dailyminyo
Hi I got a call for GS in September. Just wondering is anyone relocating to Sydney or already flying or in GS after relocation?

hey Minyo,

I will be relocating to Sydney for GS, but I wonít start looking for accomodations until I sign the contract, the rent is pretty outrageous thoughÖ.
emzi is offline  
Old 18th Jul 2023, 09:55
  #355 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by emzi
hey Minyo,

I will be relocating to Sydney for GS, but I wonít start looking for accomodations until I sign the contract, the rent is pretty outrageous thoughÖ.
Yeah that is what I am concerned about Ö I am from melbourne. Are you planning to live near around airport like Mascot?
dailyminyo is offline  
Old 18th Jul 2023, 09:57
  #356 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Koko90
hi dailyminyo! CONGRATS. You must be excited. Did they say if GS is late SEP or early? Did they mention any other GS?
Thanks 🙏🏻 They didnít really mention about the exact date. They only told me what I need to re-do like certificates and medical.
dailyminyo is offline  
Old 19th Jul 2023, 03:43
  #357 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2023
Location: Australia
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dailyminyo
Yeah that is what I am concerned about Ö I am from melbourne. Are you planning to live near around airport like Mascot?
I am thinking about Mascot too, and the rent is about 450 - 500 per week.
But it also depends on where will the training be though, I've heard it can be in brissy too.
emzi is offline  
Old 19th Jul 2023, 09:52
  #358 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Melbourne
Age: 34
Posts: 55
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those who have to renew CPR and medicals did QF call you on your mobile phone or did they email you first?
SnakeBite is offline  
Old 19th Jul 2023, 10:41
  #359 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Sydney
Posts: 56
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those who have received the golden call, if you didn't answer at first, did they leave a voice mail or did you just call the number back? Do they also send you an email if they cannot get through to you straight away?

Thanks
Kayd23 is offline  
Old 19th Jul 2023, 19:41
  #360 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 107
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SnakeBite
For those who have to renew CPR and medicals did QF call you on your mobile phone or did they email you first?
I got an email with a conditional offer to attend training in syd. Iíve been waiting over 2 months for asic to approve or deny my application but they havenít got back to me with any decision.

Iíve given them all the documents and information they asked for, but they ignore me. Itís bull****

My ground school date has since passed. Iím so pissed about this situation, I donít know why they offer a discretionary asic if they donít even bother giving applicants an answer 😠
Kylie walker is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.