Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Cabin Crew Wannabes
Reload this Page >

Qantas International Cabin Crew Recruitment 2022

Cabin Crew Wannabes For discussing all aspects of becoming Cabin Crew, including applications and the assessment process.

Qantas International Cabin Crew Recruitment 2022

Old 2nd Feb 2023, 04:08
  #1001 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, Did anyone attend the assessment day in Sydney today? If so, how was it... Did they talk about how long until a potential ground school if successful?
Spice5 is offline  
Old 3rd Feb 2023, 03:23
  #1002 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Syd

Originally Posted by Spice5 View Post
Hey, Did anyone attend the assessment day in Sydney today? If so, how was it... Did they talk about how long until a potential ground school if successful?
Hey, i was in the 9am AD yesterday, if all checks and everything is comleted in time the next available date is in April sometime!

I already reciced my email that I've been progressed to the next stage from there, apparently theyre moving through applicants pretty quickly! They're hiring around 1000 international FA this year! All year round they will have groud schools going!
Tidda is offline  
Old 3rd Feb 2023, 07:29
  #1003 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Sunshine Coast
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Itís good to hear they are still actively recruitment tho. I thought they stopped assessment days so the above posts are reassuring.
The last communication I got was that Iíve cleared everything and theyíll be in touch when they allocate a GSÖ that was about 3wks ago 🥴
I guess the waiting game continuesÖ.
Bronte86 is offline  
Old 4th Feb 2023, 22:26
  #1004 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Medical

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I attended the AD in Sydney on 2nd Feb and have progressed to the next stage So happy and this forum helped my preparation tremendously! Thank you to everyone who has shared their experience.

I have read the posts outlining what is involved in the medical - I just had a few extra questions.

- With lifting 32kg from floor to waist, was this performed with a dumbbell, kettlebell, or barbell?
- Are we required to lift any weights above our head? If so, what weight, and what equipment was used? (DB, KB, or barbell?)
- Are the weights the same for male and female?
- For those who performed sit ups, did your hands need to be placed behind your head?
- For the 3 min step test, do they connect something around your chest to measure your heart rate?

Just thought I'd do a practice run in the gym before I have to go.

Thank you everyone.
DreamToFlyQF is offline  
Old 5th Feb 2023, 00:41
  #1005 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brisbane
Age: 50
Posts: 57
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by littlenicky23 View Post
Hi everyone!
Anyone here on the 16th of November AD? Done everything and Iím still waiting for that golden call. I also got the Jetstar email which is kinda disheartening but still hopeful.
My AD was on 16th November too :-(
debbieitaly is offline  
Old 6th Feb 2023, 03:01
  #1006 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brisbane
Age: 50
Posts: 57
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Golden Call

Hey guys, as you have probably assumed from the title of my message, i finally got my golden call just now 🥰🤩. I'm so ecstatic. My training will be in Abu Dhabi and it starts on March 21. Don't give up hope beautiful people, i'm proof that it can happen at any time, even when you think you've missed out. Crossing my fingers that heaps of you receive that call this week too. Oh and guess what, we DO fly to Rome, the lovely lady told me to get my second language certified (italian) so i can join her this year on the Rome flights ❤❤❤
debbieitaly is offline  
Old 6th Feb 2023, 04:10
  #1007 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Sydney
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by debbieitaly View Post
Hey guys, as you have probably assumed from the title of my message, i finally got my golden call just now 🥰🤩. I'm so ecstatic. My training will be in Abu Dhabi and it starts on March 21. Don't give up hope beautiful people, i'm proof that it can happen at any time, even when you think you've missed out. Crossing my fingers that heaps of you receive that call this week too. Oh and guess what, we DO fly to Rome, the lovely lady told me to get my second language certified (italian) so i can join her this year on the Rome flights ❤❤❤
Omgosh!! How exciting!! When was your AD? Mine was 23/11 and still havenít heard anything 😫 Is your ASIC fully approved? I havenít heard about mine yet, so not sure if this might be the holdup. Hoping itís nothing else
Flossyb is offline  
Old 6th Feb 2023, 23:26
  #1008 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brisbane
Age: 50
Posts: 57
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flossyb View Post
Omgosh!! How exciting!! When was your AD? Mine was 23/11 and still havenít heard anything 😫 Is your ASIC fully approved? I havenít heard about mine yet, so not sure if this might be the holdup. Hoping itís nothing else
My AD was on the 16th of November. Yes my ASIC is fully approved, it took about 1 week. I called TA to follow-up on how mine was going, they're always very helpful. I definitely recommend giving them a buzz just to get an indication of how everything is travelling with your application and to put your mind at rest. Good luck xx
debbieitaly is offline  
Old 6th Feb 2023, 23:36
  #1009 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: aus
Posts: 22
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by debbieitaly View Post
My AD was on the 16th of November. Yes my ASIC is fully approved, it took about 1 week. I called TA to follow-up on how mine was going, they're always very helpful. I definitely recommend giving them a buzz just to get an indication of how everything is travelling with your application and to put your mind at rest. Good luck xx
Hi debbieitaly, would you be able to share the number for TA that you called? Would be good to get an update!
br787 is offline  
Old 7th Feb 2023, 05:36
  #1010 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by debbieitaly View Post
Hey guys, as you have probably assumed from the title of my message, i finally got my golden call just now 🥰🤩. I'm so ecstatic. My training will be in Abu Dhabi and it starts on March 21. Don't give up hope beautiful people, i'm proof that it can happen at any time, even when you think you've missed out. Crossing my fingers that heaps of you receive that call this week too. Oh and guess what, we DO fly to Rome, the lovely lady told me to get my second language certified (italian) so i can join her this year on the Rome flights ❤❤❤
BRAVISSIMO! congratulations! Iíll def keep my hopes up, that is amazing! keep us posted on the process so we can have a insight 🙌 hopefully iíll get my call this week, they wouldnít asked me to certify my other languages if iím a native speaker right? I also speak italian but my mother tongue is spanish, could you tell me how do you get in ďcertifiedĒ? good luck and once again! congratulazioni!!!
badbadnotgood is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2023, 00:27
  #1011 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Internals

Does anyone have any news or know anything in regards to internals, specifically team Jetstar/altara going over to QCCA?
Koko90 is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2023, 02:07
  #1012 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 minute step test

Hi all,

Got my medical scheduled for Friday and thought Iíd do a practice run of a few things in the gym.

My heart rate on the 3 min step test was higher than I expected and is deemed Ďpoorí based on what articles say. I was pretty surprised as I didnít feel winded whatsoever, and I go to the gym regularly. I could only think itís the anxiety of the situation, Iíve been pretty anxious since the AD lol. I also did it straight after a gym session, maybe I should try again after a long rest.

Anyone have experience with a poor result in this area of the medical? I was able to complete everything else pretty comfortably.
DreamToFlyQF is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2023, 04:35
  #1013 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Sydney
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone, has anyone else had the call recently? I understand they are allocating more schools, however I am very confused at how this all works

Completed everything, asic is cleared and just feeling so anxious waiting for this call 😔 Really hoping it is very soon
Olivia1 is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2023, 06:59
  #1014 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 23
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DreamToFlyQF View Post
Hi all,

Got my medical scheduled for Friday and thought Iíd do a practice run of a few things in the gym.

My heart rate on the 3 min step test was higher than I expected and is deemed Ďpoorí based on what articles say. I was pretty surprised as I didnít feel winded whatsoever, and I go to the gym regularly. I could only think itís the anxiety of the situation, Iíve been pretty anxious since the AD lol. I also did it straight after a gym session, maybe I should try again after a long rest.

Anyone have experience with a poor result in this area of the medical? I was able to complete everything else pretty comfortably.
This is just my personal view.

I think they look at the medical report holistically, and something like heart rate (on its own) would not be a reason to reject someone, unless of course it was extraordinarily high and there were signs of struggle during the exercise.

Of course there are some components which would be a fail on its own e.g. failing alcohol or drug test. But I know many people who were not perfect in one area, but OVERALL they could display they could undertake the cabin crew role.

If they have concerns, they may contact you for a second opinion/further clarification. For example, I know people who struggled with the hearing test or blood pressure, but were able to get through after obtaining additional information.

Interested to hear other people's thoughts / experiences on this.
EkAdelaide is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2023, 00:28
  #1015 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re the medical:

Agree with EKAdelaide that they would be looking at our overall result, of course we need to complete the tasks.

Different Bodycare will likely have slightly different equipment like every gym does but the equipment shouldn't make any difference overall to how you get on. Mine used a barbell for the overhead push and the floor to waist 32kg lift it was a gym box with a bunch of weights in it.

I found the medical was nerve-wracking, despite the preparation work I'd been doing in the gym, and I regularly train and lift weights.

I was worried about my blood pressure and heart rate going into the medical, I measure it all the time and it's normally optimal/normal but the anxiety of the medical was showing high results when I would measure it at home that week in anticipation.

To keep your heart rate down I suggest go into the medical well rested, no caffeine in the system. Ask them if your resting BP/Heart rate shows high results if they don't say anything, they might give you an indication and if it is tell them you're anxious, it's totally understandable in context.

With the step test, I imagine that they would want to see your heart rate at the beginning and the end and not see that there was a significant increase in those 3 mins. My advice is focus on your breathing and take it calmly. What wouldn't be good is is your heart rate shoots up quickly.

Good luck all, I know the medical can be tough because it's that final hurdle, but do what you can to prepare beforehand and big breaths during you'll be fine
Mel2022QF is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2023, 03:05
  #1016 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Sydney
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Olivia1 View Post
Hello everyone, has anyone else had the call recently? I understand they are allocating more schools, however I am very confused at how this all works

Completed everything, asic is cleared and just feeling so anxious waiting for this call 😔 Really hoping it is very soon
I had AD in Nov 2022. I got a call in Jan from TA to say I had completed everything, medical and ASIC and now in the Active Hold pool. Still waiting for that phone call 🤞
Sus04 is offline  
Old 10th Feb 2023, 22:10
  #1017 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 23
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick question guys.

When youíve emailed your certificates to TA, did you get an auto-response confirming receipt of your email?

I ask because I got an auto-response when I sent my first certificate, but when I emailed the other two, I didnít get the same auto-response, and just hoping it hasnít gone missing in cyber space!
EkAdelaide is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2023, 02:37
  #1018 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: AUS
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got rejected for Melbourne base today after applying in January 22 😢 guess they donít need any more experienced flyers joining them..donít understand why I couldnít even make it to an assessment day.
Iíll try again on my 4th attempt next time.
hope one day I will get to fly with you lucky ones 🤞🏻
skyisthelimit123 is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2023, 05:05
  #1019 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, is there anyone waiting ID CARD to be mailed to postal address

I am on the stage of getting IDcard , anyone has an idea how long nornally does it take?

Last edited by Js_s; 13th Feb 2023 at 06:55.
Js_s is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2023, 09:35
  #1020 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Melb
Posts: 50
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skyisthelimit123 View Post
Finally got rejected for Melbourne base today after applying in January 22 😢 guess they donít need any more experienced flyers joining them..donít understand why I couldnít even make it to an assessment day.
Iíll try again on my 4th attempt next time.
hope one day I will get to fly with you lucky ones 🤞🏻

so sorry you had to wait that long for that email xx wishing you all the best for next time
Skiesthedream is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.