Cabin Crew Wannabes For discussing all aspects of becoming Cabin Crew, including applications and the assessment process.

MAM QF Casuals

Old 15th Jul 2018, 06:52
  #121 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by theskyismyhome View Post


Ah Iíve just tried on both my laptop and phone and itís still saying internal server error :/ anyone else the same?
I think it may be the actual site itself as itís doing it to me now :/
LauraG87 is offline  
Old 15th Jul 2018, 23:05
  #122 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 42
Originally Posted by LauraG87 View Post


I think it may be the actual site itself as itís doing it to me now :/

Its back up working now! Thank god haha I just wanted to check how my application was progressing!
theskyismyhome is offline  
Old 15th Jul 2018, 23:26
  #123 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by theskyismyhome View Post



Its back up working now! Thank god haha I just wanted to check how my application was progressing!
Ok! I just checked my ticks to see how theyíre going...all green
What now??!! Anyone else have all their green ticks?
LauraG87 is offline  
Old 16th Jul 2018, 00:26
  #124 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 22
Just got my email from Bodycare to do my medical
Anyone else??
Exciting times ahead!
LauraG87 is offline  
Old 16th Jul 2018, 00:32
  #125 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: queensland
Posts: 31
Originally Posted by LauraG87 View Post
Just got my email from Bodycare to do my medical
Anyone else??
Exciting times ahead!
That's great
I haven't received mine yet. Do they allow you to do your medical at any GP or is there a particular doctor that they send you to?
nw787 is offline  
Old 16th Jul 2018, 01:00
  #126 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by nw787 View Post
That's great
I haven't received mine yet. Do they allow you to do your medical at any GP or is there a particular doctor that they send you to?
I just completed my questionnaire and they said someone from bodycare will be in contact to book in for my medical.
Iím assuming itís with a bodycare dr as I just paid something like $317...
i highly doubt theyíll let us go to any doctor, I think these people are proper workplace doctors
LauraG87 is offline  
Old 16th Jul 2018, 03:20
  #127 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 42
Originally Posted by LauraG87 View Post
Just got my email from Bodycare to do my medical
Anyone else??
Exciting times ahead!

Oh nice amazing! So once we have all green ticks is that when we get the email for medical? I only have 3 ticks haha :/
theskyismyhome is offline  
Old 16th Jul 2018, 04:02
  #128 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 22
Originally Posted by theskyismyhome View Post



Oh nice amazing! So once we have all green ticks is that when we get the email for medical? I only have 3 ticks haha :/
Yeah, I had 3 green ticks for about a week lol I was stressing a little bit, then I just reminded myself Iím no criminal lmao
once you get all green ticks youíll get an email from bodycare to pay for the medical and then youíll receive a text msg to do a online medical assessment and then a aptitude assessment. Itís basic questions like Ďin the last 12 months, have you injured yourself while drinking?í...I had a giggle at some of the questions Haha
But donít stress too much if you havenít got all your green ticks just yet, it just takes some time.
LauraG87 is offline  
Old 16th Jul 2018, 08:39
  #129 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Perth
Posts: 18
Hiii

[QUOTE=givemewings;10168138]So basically, the pay is the same as what C got 8-10 years ago. Yikes. OT at that time kicked in over 100 hours I think? And max 120? Or it was possibly OT after 120 and max 140, I can't recall.

#Givemewings .. are you in for Perth vacancies ? May i please ask what stage are u at ?
sachcho is offline  
Old 16th Jul 2018, 13:27
  #130 (permalink)  
7A7
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: CNS
Posts: 25
Hi everyone,

They said they are hiring for the busy period, December to March and then they went quite.

Does that mean after March you will be out of work or given like 2 flights a fortnight?

Also, they said our casuals have gone to become full time at Qantas. How long is the wait though?
​​​​​​
Are you able to transfer base if you are MAM?

Sorry, many questions I have... ?_?
7A7 is offline  
Old 16th Jul 2018, 13:45
  #131 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 17
Originally Posted by 7A7 View Post
Hi everyone,

They said they are hiring for the busy period, December to March and then they went quite.

Does that mean after March you will be out of work or given like 2 flights a fortnight?

Also, they said our casuals have gone to become full time at Qantas. How long is the wait though?
​​​​​​
Are you able to transfer base if you are MAM?

Sorry, many questions I have... ?_?
When you're hired by MAM, they put you on a 'D contract'. This is a minimum of 14 shifts and maximum of 19 shifts per 28-day roster. However, you can pick up more shifts by calling crewing in Sydney. Crewing do your rosters and can see how many shifts you worked in previous months, and then assign base on this. Be eager for the shifts and you'll get shifts in return.

To transfer to Qantas mainline (and become full-time), you need to work for MAM for a year. This is due to MAM / Qantas rules where you need to work for MAM for a year before requesting a transfer with any Qantas subsidiary (Q catering, Qantas international) - however, you can apply for these if they're publicly hiring/advertising for positions.

And yes, you can transfer after a year.
danlloyd1 is offline  
Old 17th Jul 2018, 03:48
  #132 (permalink)  
7A7
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: CNS
Posts: 25
Originally Posted by danlloyd1 View Post
When you're hired by MAM, they put you on a 'D contract'. This is a minimum of 14 shifts and maximum of 19 shifts per 28-day roster. However, you can pick up more shifts by calling crewing in Sydney. Crewing do your rosters and can see how many shifts you worked in previous months, and then assign base on this. Be eager for the shifts and you'll get shifts in return.

To transfer to Qantas mainline (and become full-time), you need to work for MAM for a year. This is due to MAM / Qantas rules where you need to work for MAM for a year before requesting a transfer with any Qantas subsidiary (Q catering, Qantas international) - however, you can apply for these if they're publicly hiring/advertising for positions.

And yes, you can transfer after a year.
Thanks danlloyd1 for the answers, appreciate it much

I think it's better to work for MAM and move up in the world to full time. Qantas international positions are competitive not mention the looooong wait for ground school, difficult but not impossible but.
7A7 is offline  
Old 17th Jul 2018, 21:42
  #133 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: queensland
Posts: 31
Originally Posted by danlloyd1 View Post
When you're hired by MAM, they put you on a 'D contract'. This is a minimum of 14 shifts and maximum of 19 shifts per 28-day roster. However, you can pick up more shifts by calling crewing in Sydney. Crewing do your rosters and can see how many shifts you worked in previous months, and then assign base on this. Be eager for the shifts and you'll get shifts in return.

To transfer to Qantas mainline (and become full-time), you need to work for MAM for a year. This is due to MAM / Qantas rules where you need to work for MAM for a year before requesting a transfer with any Qantas subsidiary (Q catering, Qantas international) - however, you can apply for these if they're publicly hiring/advertising for positions.

And yes, you can transfer after a year.
Thanks for all that info danlloyd1, that answers a few questions that I had as well.

Have now received my medical email and have paid the fee and now waiting for them to contact me to make a booking

Has anybody heard any rumours about GS dates?
nw787 is offline  
Old 17th Jul 2018, 22:50
  #134 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 42
Originally Posted by LauraG87 View Post

Yeah, I had 3 green ticks for about a week lol I was stressing a little bit, then I just reminded myself Iím no criminal lmao
once you get all green ticks youíll get an email from bodycare to pay for the medical and then youíll receive a text msg to do a online medical assessment and then a aptitude assessment. Itís basic questions like Ďin the last 12 months, have you injured yourself while drinking?í...I had a giggle at some of the questions Haha
But donít stress too much if you havenít got all your green ticks just yet, it just takes some time.
Hahaha oh good good!!!!! Awesome thanks so much!
theskyismyhome is offline  
Old 18th Jul 2018, 14:17
  #135 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 17
Does anyone know how long it normally is between passing the medical assessment and the commencement of ground school?
danlloyd1 is offline  
Old 24th Jul 2018, 02:00
  #136 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 42
No idea! Done your medical yet? I did mine today!
theskyismyhome is offline  
Old 24th Jul 2018, 14:26
  #137 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 27
Medical test

Originally Posted by theskyismyhome View Post
No idea! Done your medical yet? I did mine today!
I completed my medical test on the 19th of July and havenít heard anything back yet. Itís so nerve racking waiting to hear haha
Mariahlouise is offline  
Old 24th Jul 2018, 21:34
  #138 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: queensland
Posts: 31
Originally Posted by theskyismyhome View Post
No idea! Done your medical yet? I did mine today!
How did you find the medical? I have mine today
nw787 is offline  
Old 24th Jul 2018, 21:42
  #139 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 42
It was ok, found some of the physical exercises a little hard! But fingers crossed haha! Good luck
theskyismyhome is offline  
Old 24th Jul 2018, 22:00
  #140 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 27
Medical

Originally Posted by nw787 View Post
How did you find the medical? I have mine today
I personally didnít find it to bad but I was nervous as hell haha
Mariahlouise is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.