Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Cabin Crew Wannabes
Reload this Page >

Virgin Australia AKL, CHC, PER, ADL

Cabin Crew Wannabes For discussing all aspects of becoming Cabin Crew, including applications and the assessment process.

Virgin Australia AKL, CHC, PER, ADL

Old 4th Oct 2016, 09:26
  #101 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 38
Originally Posted by Alexis2289 View Post
Congrats to all those who have been successful....exciting times!! I submitted my elevator interview 4 days ago for Adl base, just wondering if successful what the next step is? And approx how long did it take to hear if you were successful? Thanks everyone ��
Hi Alexis2289.
Welcome to the forum!
If your Elevator Pitch is successful, they will invite you to a Recruitment Day - in Adelaide, if this is the base you are applying for.
It is challenging to put a timeframe on things, you could hear within a day, or it may take a month. There are many factors involved with the process. Given VA are currently recruiting for multiple bases, my guess is it will be a longer timeframe, as opposed to a shorter one. However it is anyone's guess.
Unfortunately it is a very big (and often frustrating) waiting game!!
Good luck. Keep us posted!!!
manymiles is offline  
Old 4th Oct 2016, 09:30
  #102 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 38
Originally Posted by LozC View Post
Hi dare2dream, I recieved an email to say I progressed to next stage (Adelaide base) a week after the assessment day. At the moment I'm waiting to progress past reference check to the medical. It's been nearly 2 weeks now. Good luck I hope you hear some good news soon.
Hi Dare2Dream and LozC.
Any update from either of you yet?
Hope you have good news!!?
manymiles is offline  
Old 5th Oct 2016, 04:03
  #103 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 26
Hey guys

Pressing question. I submitted my elevator pitch on Sunday and got another email on Tuesday asking for one.

Has anyone had this? I am hoping it's a glitch in the system as I remember the webpage saying I'd uploaded it successfully. I sent them an email and haven't heard a response Just a little anxious omg!



Brooke
BrookeIsabelle is offline  
Old 5th Oct 2016, 10:35
  #104 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 26
Update: Just heard back from VA. Made it through to AD.

Aww yay!
BrookeIsabelle is offline  
Old 5th Oct 2016, 11:15
  #105 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by BrookeIsabelle View Post
Hey guys

Pressing question. I submitted my elevator pitch on Sunday and got another email on Tuesday asking for one.

Has anyone had this? I am hoping it's a glitch in the system as I remember the webpage saying I'd uploaded it successfully. I sent them an email and haven't heard a response Just a little anxious omg!



Brooke
Hi Brooke

I submitted my initial elavator pitch on Thursday last week. The page said it had uploaded successfully however by Monday morning I hadn't heard anything and I had a funny feeling it wasn't received, so I uploaded it again for a second time. I then had a email from VA a few short hours later inviting me to an assessment day next week. So it might pay to upload it again if you aren't too sure. Better to have it go through twice than not at all 😊
Ayana is offline  
Old 5th Oct 2016, 21:18
  #106 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 31
I was the same girls....I uploaded my 30 second elevator pitch on Saturday but haven't heard anything...I reuploaded this morning just in case. Fingers crossed that works. Or it could be I'm just being impatient haha. Good luck girls
Alexis2289 is offline  
Old 6th Oct 2016, 01:47
  #107 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 41
Hi All, is anyone heading to BNE RD next Wednesday?
Ayana is offline  
Old 6th Oct 2016, 04:37
  #108 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11
AD-SYD BASED

Anyone here who's been invited to a SYD AD? 🙂
Pattycloud is offline  
Old 6th Oct 2016, 05:22
  #109 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 26
Heh beautiful people

Im on my phone and cant access the latest posts. Im headjng to assessment day tomorrow! I was 1 hour into a 14 hour road trip to Melbourne and got the call. At the airport now to flh down. Going to study this thread so much haha.

Apologies for poor punctuation. This keyboard is a tad annoying.
BrookeIsabelle is offline  
Old 7th Oct 2016, 07:58
  #110 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by BrookeIsabelle View Post
Heh beautiful people

Im on my phone and cant access the latest posts. Im headjng to assessment day tomorrow! I was 1 hour into a 14 hour road trip to Melbourne and got the call. At the airport now to flh down. Going to study this thread so much haha.

Apologies for poor punctuation. This keyboard is a tad annoying.
How did you go Brooke? Hope all went well for you!
Ayana is offline  
Old 8th Oct 2016, 08:02
  #111 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by Ayana View Post
How did you go Brooke? Hope all went well for you!
Hey Ayana! I got an email that afternoon saying they were making plans to contact my references that afternoon. Aww I am so happy!

Have you had your assessment day yet?
BrookeIsabelle is offline  
Old 8th Oct 2016, 13:16
  #112 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by BrookeIsabelle View Post
Hey Ayana! I got an email that afternoon saying they were making plans to contact my references that afternoon. Aww I am so happy!

Have you had your assessment day yet?
Oh that's awesome news - well done to you! You must have made a great impression. And great to hear they notified you so quickly.

My assessment day is on Wednesday 😁

Were there many people at yours?
Ayana is offline  
Old 9th Oct 2016, 01:36
  #113 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by Ayana View Post
Oh that's awesome news - well done to you! You must have made a great impression. And great to hear they notified you so quickly.

My assessment day is on Wednesday 😁

Were there many people at yours?

Aw thank your Ayana! I am just soooo happy.
We only had 6 people at ours. However this was apparently a last minute assessment day. I got the call just the day before and took a risk and sent myself on the last flight out to Melbourne from where I am!

Good luck!!! Just prepare yourself well. I'm assuming you already have done so anyway because you're here!
BrookeIsabelle is offline  
Old 9th Oct 2016, 06:20
  #114 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 38
Hey Brooke,
Congratulations on your progress so far - that is awesome news! Only 6 at your recruitment day, WOW - lucky you!! Thinking perhaps they were wanting to get a last RD for Melbourne in before Ground School starting on Oct 18?
Anyway - that is absolutely brilliant!
Have they asked you to do a medical yet?
Well done on jumping on things so quickly. That's what it's all about! Get onto your references, and ask them to respond quickly. Urgency, and showing how committed you are is a big factor in the success of getting through. Let's hope we are Ground School buddies together.
Let us know when you have more good news!!
All the best of luck in the next stage!
manymiles is offline  
Old 9th Oct 2016, 06:24
  #115 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 38
Originally Posted by Ayana View Post
Oh that's awesome news - well done to you! You must have made a great impression. And great to hear they notified you so quickly.

My assessment day is on Wednesday 😁

Were there many people at yours?
Hi Ayana,
Well done on getting through to your RD on Wednesday?
This is in Brisbane - correct?
All the best of luck. Shine like a star!
Let us know how you go.
manymiles is offline  
Old 9th Oct 2016, 07:52
  #116 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by manymiles View Post
Hi Ayana,
Well done on getting through to your RD on Wednesday?
This is in Brisbane - correct?
All the best of luck. Shine like a star!
Let us know how you go.
Thanks so much ManyMiles 😊

Yes it's in Brisbane for Brisbane base. Quite exciting really, just hope the nerves don't kick in too much. I'll be sure to update you on how I felt I went afterwards and if I progress to the next stage.

Can I ask a question re the group activities? Did you sit back and listen more than you spoke? It's interesting to read the different personality styles the different airlines use. I've heard Etihad and Qartar look for more subdued, and Qantas etc look for more contribution and assertiveness.

I'm just going to be myself and do what feels natural at the time, I'm just asking out of interest because people/personalities are fascinating to me 😊😊
Ayana is offline  
Old 10th Oct 2016, 01:37
  #117 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by manymiles View Post
Hey Brooke,
Congratulations on your progress so far - that is awesome news! Only 6 at your recruitment day, WOW - lucky you!! Thinking perhaps they were wanting to get a last RD for Melbourne in before Ground School starting on Oct 18?
Anyway - that is absolutely brilliant!
Have they asked you to do a medical yet?
Well done on jumping on things so quickly. That's what it's all about! Get onto your references, and ask them to respond quickly. Urgency, and showing how committed you are is a big factor in the success of getting through. Let's hope we are Ground School buddies together.
Let us know when you have more good news!!
All the best of luck in the next stage!
Thanks so much Manymiles!! I am sooo happy. Both my references responsed over the weekend so if I am lucky I truly wish I can get the medical done this week, head home and move to Melbourne in a rush to make ground school on the 18th! That would be so awesome if we could be ground school buddies!!

I think I may give the recruitment team a call today, just to let them know both of my references have apparently responded? The sooner I can get a medical done the sooner I can return home and pack and hopefully make it to GS on the 18th!
BrookeIsabelle is offline  
Old 10th Oct 2016, 01:40
  #118 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by Ayana View Post
Thanks so much ManyMiles 😊

Yes it's in Brisbane for Brisbane base. Quite exciting really, just hope the nerves don't kick in too much. I'll be sure to update you on how I felt I went afterwards and if I progress to the next stage.

Can I ask a question re the group activities? Did you sit back and listen more than you spoke? It's interesting to read the different personality styles the different airlines use. I've heard Etihad and Qartar look for more subdued, and Qantas etc look for more contribution and assertiveness.

I'm just going to be myself and do what feels natural at the time, I'm just asking out of interest because people/personalities are fascinating to me 😊😊

That's really interesting re. what each of those airlines prefer.

I truly wish I could give advice to you myself regarding group activities. But we had a partner activity instead of a group activity because our recruitment day was so small.

But I definitely wish you so much luck! (Not that you'll probably need it ). Sending good vibes your way
BrookeIsabelle is offline  
Old 10th Oct 2016, 01:44
  #119 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 26
I obviously knew you were asking manymiles but just letting you know why I posted and didn't answer in the meantime
BrookeIsabelle is offline  
Old 10th Oct 2016, 04:47
  #120 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Melbourne
Age: 28
Posts: 85
Originally Posted by Ayana View Post
Thanks so much ManyMiles 😊

Yes it's in Brisbane for Brisbane base. Quite exciting really, just hope the nerves don't kick in too much. I'll be sure to update you on how I felt I went afterwards and if I progress to the next stage.

Can I ask a question re the group activities? Did you sit back and listen more than you spoke? It's interesting to read the different personality styles the different airlines use. I've heard Etihad and Qartar look for more subdued, and Qantas etc look for more contribution and assertiveness.

I'm just going to be myself and do what feels natural at the time, I'm just asking out of interest because people/personalities are fascinating to me 😊😊
Honestly it's so hard to tell what they're looking for. I was just myself and tried not to think about it too much. I've now been through the process for virgin and Qantas and was successful on both occasions. Just be friendly, considerate of others and do whatever comes natural to you and you'll be fine!
KAAATE is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.