Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Cabin Crew Wannabes
Reload this Page >

Virgin Australia AKL, CHC, PER, ADL

Cabin Crew Wannabes For discussing all aspects of becoming Cabin Crew, including applications and the assessment process.

Virgin Australia AKL, CHC, PER, ADL

Old 6th Nov 2017, 03:30
  #741 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: BNE
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sydney interview

Hey guys!

Anyone on here that attended the Sydney VA interview on the 24th of October arvo session? Itís nearly been two weeks since I attended but I havenít heard anything since then? Please let me know if you have any sorts need, thank you! (:
BNEguy is offline  
Old 6th Nov 2017, 10:31
  #742 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: queensland
Posts: 31
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BNEguy
Hey guys!

Anyone on here that attended the Sydney VA interview on the 24th of October arvo session? Itís nearly been two weeks since I attended but I havenít heard anything since then? Please let me know if you have any sorts need, thank you! (:
Hi BNEguy,

My GF was at the morning session in Syd and was advised today that she was unsuccessful.

How did you go?
nw787 is offline  
Old 8th Nov 2017, 09:23
  #743 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: BNE
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heyya!
Oh Iím so sad to hear! Iím up to the reference check so hopefully this will hurry up and move along quickly

Best of luck to your gf for the future!

My GF was at the morning session in Syd and was advised today that she was unsuccessful.

How did you go?
BNEguy is offline  
Old 9th Nov 2017, 23:49
  #744 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PER base Domestic Crew update

Dear all,

Hope everyone is doing great. I applied for VA PER base Domestic Crew back in late Aug this year, got through the video stage and awaiting AD invitation. Today, VA team sent an email to give an update that they have not scheduled the AD for Domestic crew. I have seen an advertisement on seek.com for PER base Regional crew since Sep if I'm not wrong.
Astro_fairy is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2017, 01:56
  #745 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Auckland
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AKL assessment day outcomes

Hi everyone, has anyone had any updates from the assessment days held in AKL on the 6th and 7th of November?
kiwiflyguy is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2017, 05:10
  #746 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am currently in the talent pool for Perth domestic, they did say that they only schedule everything them around the needs of their business..... or maybe they donít have enough applicants, I have seen that it is still advertised aswell. Hope you get an invite soon!



Originally Posted by Astro_fairy
Dear all,

Hope everyone is doing great. I applied for VA PER base Domestic Crew back in late Aug this year, got through the video stage and awaiting AD invitation. Today, VA team sent an email to give an update that they have not scheduled the AD for Domestic crew. I have seen an advertisement on seek.com for PER base Regional crew since Sep if I'm not wrong.
Brittany1989 is offline  
Old 15th Nov 2017, 02:56
  #747 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talent pool

[QUOTE=Brittany1989;9955410]I am currently in the talent pool for Perth domestic, they did say that they only schedule everything them around the needs of their business..... or maybe they donít have enough applicants, I have seen that it is still advertised aswell. Hope you get an invite soon!

Hi Brittany1989

How long have you been in the talent pool? Just want to get a rough idea of wait times. I've been added to the talent pool today. Do they usually take whoever has been waiting the longest?
VaCrew33 is offline  
Old 15th Nov 2017, 06:51
  #748 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Auckland
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
still waiting to hear from them ... zzz
Kiki27 is offline  
Old 16th Nov 2017, 02:34
  #749 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Brittany1989

How long have you been in the talent pool? Just want to get a rough idea of wait times. I've been added to the talent pool today. Do they usually take whoever has been waiting the longest?[/QUOTE]

I applied online in June then went though everything an was added to the talent pool end of July..... feels like the longest wait, I have no idea how they select people for ground school and I donít know how many people are on the talent pool either, I got and email yesterday saying they have not scheduled any schools yet for 2018 either 😒
Brittany1989 is offline  
Old 20th Nov 2017, 21:10
  #750 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone heard from AKL assessment days yet? Itís been 2 weeks
Flighty1234 is offline  
Old 22nd Nov 2017, 20:17
  #751 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Auckland
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VA References

Hey does anyone know how strict VA are with getting references from previous airlines? My old manager from my last airline cant do a reference for me due to personal reasons sheís going through. Surely I wouldnít be the only one who cant get an airline reference? would this stop my application from going any further? 😥
winter67 is offline  
Old 23rd Nov 2017, 08:43
  #752 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VA references

Originally Posted by winter67
Hey does anyone know how strict VA are with getting references from previous airlines? My old manager from my last airline cant do a reference for me due to personal reasons sheís going through. Surely I wouldnít be the only one who cant get an airline reference? would this stop my application from going any further? 😥
Hey

You can reply back to their email they sent you they are pretty quick with replies to ask or you can use someone else in your old company as long as they are in a senior position and know your worth ethic.
VaCrew33 is offline  
Old 25th Nov 2017, 14:56
  #753 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
References

Originally Posted by decoder
How long does it normally take for references to be checked?
It took just over two weeks to move from the references stage to the water competency stage for me but it seems from reading earlier posts it varies for different people. Which state did you apply for?
VaCrew33 is offline  
Old 28th Nov 2017, 04:22
  #754 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perth

I applied for PER Cabin Crew I think about a month ago, immediately received an email asking to send through a 30 second video, few days later I was invited to a recruitment day. I went online and registered, there was 2 days with 3 times to choose from. I chose next Monday the 4th of December! Excited
Madi_burr is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2017, 02:08
  #755 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PER cabin crew

Originally Posted by Madi_burr
I applied for PER Cabin Crew I think about a month ago, immediately received an email asking to send through a 30 second video, few days later I was invited to a recruitment day. I went online and registered, there was 2 days with 3 times to choose from. I chose next Monday the 4th of December! Excited
Oh sweet I'm in the talent pool for Perth. Best of luck! Can you ask when they will be likely to have a date for ground school im anxiously waiting
VaCrew33 is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2017, 03:31
  #756 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Auckland
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flighty1234
Has anyone heard from AKL assessment days yet? It’s been 2 weeks
Done the comprehension test online but haven't heard more than that; any updates from you for AKL?
kiwiflyguy is offline  
Old 1st Dec 2017, 05:55
  #757 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kiwiflyguy
Done the comprehension test online but haven't heard more than that; any updates from you for AKL?
Yeah I've just completed the online test too! Fingers crossed for both of us.
Flighty1234 is offline  
Old 1st Dec 2017, 09:52
  #758 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VaCrew33
Oh sweet I'm in the talent pool for Perth. Best of luck! Can you ask when they will be likely to have a date for ground school im anxiously waiting

Yes! i bet you are haha 😩
Any tips for the interview?! I have no idea what to expect!
Madi_burr is offline  
Old 2nd Dec 2017, 11:49
  #759 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interview

Originally Posted by Madi_burr
Yes! i bet you are haha 😩
Any tips for the interview?! I have no idea what to expect!
It was super cruisey so don't stress. Know the company they will ask a few questions so make sure to do some research. They do a group activity which was fun and the one on one interview is literally only 5-10 mins about your past work experience and what skills you have oh and be sure to look your best!
VaCrew33 is offline  
Old 3rd Dec 2017, 07:23
  #760 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VaCrew33
It was super cruisey so don't stress. Know the company they will ask a few questions so make sure to do some research. They do a group activity which was fun and the one on one interview is literally only 5-10 mins about your past work experience and what skills you have oh and be sure to look your best!
Thanks babe! I'll let you know how I go and about ground school
Madi_burr is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.