Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Cabin Crew Wannabes
Reload this Page >

Virgin Australia AKL, CHC, PER, ADL

Cabin Crew Wannabes For discussing all aspects of becoming Cabin Crew, including applications and the assessment process.

Virgin Australia AKL, CHC, PER, ADL

Old 6th Sep 2016, 13:38
  #21 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 3
Online test

Originally Posted by manymiles View Post
UPDATE:
Successful in progressing to the next stage of recruitment for VA ADL Base - 'Online Testing'.
Have just completed the Online Testing tonight (Tues 6th September).

Congrats! How did you find the online test! Any tips or pointers? Thanks!
morti is offline  
Old 7th Sep 2016, 07:13
  #22 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 38
Thanks 'morti' and 'KAAATE'! Well done KAAATE on the update - that is exciting.
The online test was fairly straight forward, although I didn't answer all of the questions - only finished 11 out of 18.
My suggestion and advice would be to ensure you read everything fully before submitting your answers. Good luck everyone!!
manymiles is offline  
Old 7th Sep 2016, 11:05
  #23 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by manymiles View Post
Thanks 'morti' and 'KAAATE'! Well done KAAATE on the update - that is exciting.
The online test was fairly straight forward, although I didn't answer all of the questions - only finished 11 out of 18.
My suggestion and advice would be to ensure you read everything fully before submitting your answers. Good luck everyone!!
Thanks for that! I've completed mine and answered 15 out of 18 questions - do you have any idea what the benchmark is we have to meet/ if we are likely to pass or fail given we have not answered all questions.
morti is offline  
Old 8th Sep 2016, 04:25
  #24 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brisbane
Age: 48
Posts: 17
Virin Australia Cabin Crew Sydney Based

Hi guys,

I applied on the 28th August for Sydney based.

Got an invitation to do a 30 second video of an elevator pitch to the recruiter.

Submitted it last Friday. No word yet. Soooooo anxious to find out.

Congrats you guys applying for Adelaide based, that's awesome that you have progressed so far

xxx
debbieitaly is offline  
Old 8th Sep 2016, 04:43
  #25 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 15
Hey all, just curious is there anyone else who applied around the 17th August and hasn't heard a thing?? I applied for Adelaide base and my application status is still "application acknowledgement". It's very disheartening to read on here that all these other people are hearing back or being invited to assessment days and they haven't even looked at my application yet. Do most of you already have cabin crew experience? I have customer service and hospitality experience so thought I would be in with a chance.
highabove is offline  
Old 8th Sep 2016, 05:55
  #26 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brisbane
Age: 48
Posts: 17
Highabove

Hi highabove,

I would definitely contact them. Call the virgin head office and ask for HR, tell them there seems to be a technical error with your applicant profile....that's what I believe has happened because u should have progressed passed 'application acknowledged' if others have and a lot of time has passed. You don't want technical problems causing you to miss out.

Let us know what happens....big hug, it will all work out
debbieitaly is offline  
Old 8th Sep 2016, 13:55
  #27 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Melbourne
Age: 28
Posts: 85
Originally Posted by morti View Post
Thanks for that! I've completed mine and answered 15 out of 18 questions - do you have any idea what the benchmark is we have to meet/ if we are likely to pass or fail given we have not answered all questions.
I think I answered 11. I don't think there's really a 'benchmark'. I think they'd prefer you to answer the questions properly and correctly rather than rush through and get them all wrong
KAAATE is offline  
Old 10th Sep 2016, 07:54
  #28 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 38
Good advice KAAATE - yes, agreed, I think they would prefer less questions answered correctly, than more questions answered incorrectly.
At the end of the day, this test is a 'comprehension test" - the ability to understand, comprehend and interpret English language and literacy.
At the same time, I have no doubt they also have a criteria benchmark and possibly a percentage of applicant numbers they take through to next stage.
Unfortunately it's anyone's guess...and no-one has a crystal ball to understand the rationale behind each recruitment campaign.
For those that have applied, I think it's best to try to stay focussed on your normal day to day activities and continue to go about life as you normally would, as it's likely to be a long journey!
Debbieitaly, highabove - any update yet?

Last edited by manymiles; 10th Sep 2016 at 08:04.
manymiles is offline  
Old 13th Sep 2016, 00:33
  #29 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 15
Hi all, so after almost losing hope I have now been invited to complete an elevator pitch! Yay! This is a completely new process to me but it seems I just need to be patient and wait. Can anyone confirm the process from here? I assume if they are happy with my pitch then the next step will be an assessment day? debbnieitaly, have you heard any more yet? Thanks!
highabove is offline  
Old 13th Sep 2016, 00:38
  #30 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Auckland
Posts: 13
Hi all update from me for AKL, my reference checks have been completed and I've been progressed to the swimming competency. This is a 50m swim and 3 mins treading water and needs to be signed off by a qualified lifeguard.
flywme is offline  
Old 13th Sep 2016, 01:24
  #31 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by highabove View Post
Hi all, so after almost losing hope I have now been invited to complete an elevator pitch! Yay! This is a completely new process to me but it seems I just need to be patient and wait. Can anyone confirm the process from here? I assume if they are happy with my pitch then the next step will be an assessment day? debbnieitaly, have you heard any more yet? Thanks!

Congratulations highabove!

I applied online during the first cabin crew advertisement (ending on the 19th sep I think).

I received 2 emails about a week and a half later (on the same day) - the first email was telling me there had been a recent change in the recruitment process and that I would need to complete an elevator pitch within 24 hours.

The second email was inviting me to one of the 2 scheduled recruitment days. I immediately booked a place in the recruitment days and then did my elevator pitch.

I never received any feedback on my elevator pitch - but attended the recruitment day and progressed to the online test. I am yet to hear anything back and it has been a week.
morti is offline  
Old 13th Sep 2016, 01:57
  #32 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Melbourne
Age: 28
Posts: 85
Originally Posted by highabove View Post
Hi all, so after almost losing hope I have now been invited to complete an elevator pitch! Yay! This is a completely new process to me but it seems I just need to be patient and wait. Can anyone confirm the process from here? I assume if they are happy with my pitch then the next step will be an assessment day? debbnieitaly, have you heard any more yet? Thanks!
Hi Highabove, do you mind if I ask what an elevator pitch is? I haven't heard of that before?
KAAATE is offline  
Old 13th Sep 2016, 02:18
  #33 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 15
Hi KAAATE, it seems like it's something new they're trying as I haven't noticed anyone else (other than debbieitaly) mention it. It's a 30 second video where you basically have to sell yourself, like explain why you want the job and why you would be a good fit etc. I found it so hard to get much in within 30 seconds but I am hoping it's enough to show my enthusiasm! Maybe they want to cut back on assessment days so decided to add an extra step? Who knows but I am back to more waiting for now So did you apply and go straight to an assessment day?
highabove is offline  
Old 13th Sep 2016, 12:15
  #34 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Melbourne
Age: 28
Posts: 85
Originally Posted by highabove View Post
Hi KAAATE, it seems like it's something new they're trying as I haven't noticed anyone else (other than debbieitaly) mention it. It's a 30 second video where you basically have to sell yourself, like explain why you want the job and why you would be a good fit etc. I found it so hard to get much in within 30 seconds but I am hoping it's enough to show my enthusiasm! Maybe they want to cut back on assessment days so decided to add an extra step? Who knows but I am back to more waiting for now So did you apply and go straight to an assessment day?
Oh wow! I'm so happy I didn't have to do that!! I suck at those things haha.. I applied probably over a year ago now but was unable to attend the original recruitment day so they kept my name on file and said they would invite me to the next one, which was July 26th I think! So I'm also still waiting.. They've checked my references, just waiting to hear back now
KAAATE is offline  
Old 14th Sep 2016, 00:15
  #35 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 15
Yes, it was definitely something I have never had to do before! I keep thinking about what I should have said differently but it's all done now so nothing more I can do but hope that it was good enough. Wow so you have been waiting a while then. I hope they are planning another recruitment day for Adelaide sometime soon, or at least this year would be nice, otherwise I may be in the same boat! How exciting for you, so your next step will be medical and ASIC etc is that right?
highabove is offline  
Old 14th Sep 2016, 00:23
  #36 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 15
Oh and Hi morti! Sorry I only just noticed you replied also! So the elevator pitch must be a new thing then. Pity I missed out on the first round of recruitment days, I really hope they have more! Please keep me updated if you hear anything further and good luck!
highabove is offline  
Old 14th Sep 2016, 05:19
  #37 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 38
Hi Everyone,

Yes I did the Elevator Pitch also, however yes I believe it is a new process VA are trialling. Shame we are the guinea pigs haha. My elevator pitch was pretty average I had about 10 attempts as couldn't get the light right on my tablet. Anyway in the end, I just submitted what I could.
I then attended the Recruitment Day. After the Recruitment Day was advised I had progressed to the online test, and I completed that about a week ago.

TODAY however I have also received an email advising I have progressed to Reference Check stage - yay!

MORTI - have you received any further update? Seems we are about the same stage. Which Recruitment Day session were you at?

KAAATE - are you still awaiting update on your Reference outcome?
HIGHABOVE - that is great news you have submitted your Elevator Pitch - good luck, and I hope you get an invite to a Recruitment Day soon!!

To everyone else - good luck with your journey, and keep us posted!

ANY NEWBIES to this forum? - Feel free to post an update. The more news/updates - the better for everyone
manymiles is offline  
Old 14th Sep 2016, 06:05
  #38 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by manymiles View Post
Hi Everyone,

Yes I did the Elevator Pitch also, however yes I believe it is a new process VA are trialling. Shame we are the guinea pigs haha. My elevator pitch was pretty average I had about 10 attempts as couldn't get the light right on my tablet. Anyway in the end, I just submitted what I could.
I then attended the Recruitment Day. After the Recruitment Day was advised I had progressed to the online test, and I completed that about a week ago.

TODAY however I have also received an email advising I have progressed to Reference Check stage - yay!

MORTI - have you received any further update? Seems we are about the same stage. Which Recruitment Day session were you at?

KAAATE - are you still awaiting update on your Reference outcome?
HIGHABOVE - that is great news you have submitted your Elevator Pitch - good luck, and I hope you get an invite to a Recruitment Day soon!!

To everyone else - good luck with your journey, and keep us posted!

ANY NEWBIES to this forum? - Feel free to post an update. The more news/updates - the better for everyone
Yay! Congrats manymiles, that's great news!
highabove is offline  
Old 14th Sep 2016, 06:17
  #39 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Melbourne
Age: 28
Posts: 85
Originally Posted by manymiles View Post
Hi Everyone,

Yes I did the Elevator Pitch also, however yes I believe it is a new process VA are trialling. Shame we are the guinea pigs haha. My elevator pitch was pretty average I had about 10 attempts as couldn't get the light right on my tablet. Anyway in the end, I just submitted what I could.
I then attended the Recruitment Day. After the Recruitment Day was advised I had progressed to the online test, and I completed that about a week ago.

TODAY however I have also received an email advising I have progressed to Reference Check stage - yay!

MORTI - have you received any further update? Seems we are about the same stage. Which Recruitment Day session were you at?

KAAATE - are you still awaiting update on your Reference outcome?
HIGHABOVE - that is great news you have submitted your Elevator Pitch - good luck, and I hope you get an invite to a Recruitment Day soon!!

To everyone else - good luck with your journey, and keep us posted!

ANY NEWBIES to this forum? - Feel free to post an update. The more news/updates - the better for everyone
I was until about an hour ago!! Finally got a call from virgin saying there is a ground school starting on October 18th, and that if all goes well with medical I should be given a spot! Words can't describe how happy I am right now!!! 😄😄😄
KAAATE is offline  
Old 14th Sep 2016, 06:29
  #40 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by KAAATE View Post
I was until about an hour ago!! Finally got a call from virgin saying there is a ground school starting on October 18th, and that if all goes well with medical I should be given a spot! Words can't describe how happy I am right now!!! ������
That's awesome KAAATE! Definitely sounds promising then! I recall you mentioning you wanted VA over QF, just purely out of curiosity... do you mind if I ask why this is the case?

Last edited by highabove; 14th Sep 2016 at 06:32. Reason: Spelling
highabove is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.