Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Cabin Crew Wannabes
Reload this Page >

Virgin Australia AKL, CHC, PER, ADL

Cabin Crew Wannabes For discussing all aspects of becoming Cabin Crew, including applications and the assessment process.

Virgin Australia AKL, CHC, PER, ADL

Old 31st Jan 2017, 09:58
  #321 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Cairns
Posts: 9
Originally Posted by ava_jayne View Post
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear! - I hope you will try again when you can, and I really believe that you shouldn't see things like that as a failure, its more like a stepping stone! You would have learnt from the assessment day process which will contribute to your success in some way. Maybe in something else, maybe another airline or maybe Virgin next time! xxx I'm going to do the psychometric test tomorrow :/ a bit nervous
Thanks lovely
Life obviously has a different path for me!
Eeek congratulations! Well done ☺️
sarah3250 is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2017, 02:47
  #322 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 35
Hi everyone!

I am new to the forum and currently on Reference Checks for Auckland Base, but living in Adelaide. I was wondering if anyone had confirmation for starting the ground school at the end of Feb?

As that date is fast approaching and having to relocate I'm not sure if I will be able to make that ground school if offered it! I attended recruitment day on the 7th December, and have been on reference checks for about 4 weeks now.
skyhigh_7 is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2017, 06:14
  #323 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Auckland
Posts: 21
Originally Posted by skyhigh_7 View Post
Hi everyone!

I am new to the forum and currently on Reference Checks for Auckland Base, but living in Adelaide. I was wondering if anyone had confirmation for starting the ground school at the end of Feb?

As that date is fast approaching and having to relocate I'm not sure if I will be able to make that ground school if offered it! I attended recruitment day on the 7th December, and have been on reference checks for about 4 weeks now.
Hi Skyhigh 7
Thats good news. I would not be in a rush as I was also at the same AD as you and I'm waiting in the Talent Pool and done swimming competency. They have said that the February 28 GS is full already and so it could be months before another ground school. There are people I know in there who have been waiting since Sept 2016 for a GS. But the good news is once you are in the talent pool you are in once they have enough positions available to fill in Auckland base. Sydney base seem to have people who have been in the talent pool for a year so hopefully we will not have to wait that long. Its very frustrating
Flytofreedom is offline  
Old 11th Feb 2017, 06:41
  #324 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 35
Hi Flytofeedom

Thanks for your reply, and letting me know in regards to the Feb ground school being full.

Hopefully I pass the reference stage soon, and I can complete swimming competency. Then the wait continues!! It is a long process, it seems that way with all Flight Attendant jobs.

But will be worth it! Hopefully we all make the next Auckland GS!
skyhigh_7 is offline  
Old 11th Feb 2017, 23:38
  #325 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Auckland
Posts: 21
Originally Posted by skyhigh_7 View Post
Hi Flytofeedom

Thanks for your reply, and letting me know in regards to the Feb ground school being full.

Hopefully I pass the reference stage soon, and I can complete swimming competency. Then the wait continues!! It is a long process, it seems that way with all Flight Attendant jobs.

But will be worth it! Hopefully we all make the next Auckland GS!
haha yes Skyhigh that will be awesome - hope to see you there!
Flytofreedom is offline  
Old 12th Feb 2017, 23:16
  #326 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 4
Virgin australia PER

Hi im interested to meet anyone who applied for per base. I applied in November 2016 went to the assessment day and have got through to reference checks which got sent out at xmas. I know they have been returned but i havent heard anything and im still showing on the system as reference check stage. Its been approximately 7 weeks. Has this happened to anyone else. Has anyone else applied to perth base during this time. The waiting game is insane lol.
Jetsetter27 is offline  
Old 14th Feb 2017, 22:13
  #327 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 8
Heya JetSetter - Yeah it has happened quite a bit, if you look back in the forum there are a few people who were waiting many weeks for references, it seems to be pretty quick after that though! They probably just don't have any ground schools booked yet
ava_jayne is offline  
Old 15th Feb 2017, 01:22
  #328 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by Jetsetter27 View Post
Hi im interested to meet anyone who applied for per base. I applied in November 2016 went to the assessment day and have got through to reference checks which got sent out at xmas. I know they have been returned but i havent heard anything and im still showing on the system as reference check stage. Its been approximately 7 weeks. Has this happened to anyone else. Has anyone else applied to perth base during this time. The waiting game is insane lol.
I wouldn't stress too much Jetsetter. They seem to be fairly quick to eliminate those who are unsuccessful so no news is good news when it comes to all the processes before ground school. I'm in the talent pool waiting for a ground school, so while I understand the waiting is hard when we are so keen to get started, it will all be worth it in the end ☺️
Ayana is offline  
Old 15th Feb 2017, 02:07
  #329 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Auckland
Posts: 31
Originally Posted by Ayana View Post
I wouldn't stress too much Jetsetter. They seem to be fairly quick to eliminate those who are unsuccessful so no news is good news when it comes to all the processes before ground school. I'm in the talent pool waiting for a ground school, so while I understand the waiting is hard when we are so keen to get started, it will all be worth it in the end ☺️
Hi
Which base are you waiting for training
Clay111 is offline  
Old 20th Feb 2017, 11:30
  #330 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by Clay111 View Post
Hi
Which base are you waiting for training
Brisbane base.
Ayana is offline  
Old 21st Feb 2017, 06:57
  #331 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11
Hello everyone! I just want to share with you that I graduated last friday and I did my first flight yesterday! It's so surreal! I'm so happy. I feel so lucky to be working with such a great company.

So to all of you who's still waiting. Just be positive and trust me. It's gonna be worth it!

All the best everyone and I hope to see you all in the sky!
Pattycloud is offline  
Old 23rd Feb 2017, 02:42
  #332 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Auckland
Posts: 21
Originally Posted by Pattycloud View Post
Hello everyone! I just want to share with you that I graduated last friday and I did my first flight yesterday! It's so surreal! I'm so happy. I feel so lucky to be working with such a great company.

So to all of you who's still waiting. Just be positive and trust me. It's gonna be worth it!

All the best everyone and I hope to see you all in the sky!
Pattycloud thats so awesome thanks for sharing with us! It can be a bit of a downer waiting in the talent pool so to hear your update is just what we need
Flytofreedom is offline  
Old 24th Feb 2017, 05:54
  #333 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 35
Originally Posted by Pattycloud View Post
Hello everyone! I just want to share with you that I graduated last friday and I did my first flight yesterday! It's so surreal! I'm so happy. I feel so lucky to be working with such a great company.

So to all of you who's still waiting. Just be positive and trust me. It's gonna be worth it!

All the best everyone and I hope to see you all in the sky!
That is great to hear Pattycloud. Congratulations on graduating!

I had an update from VA yesterday to say they were just in the process of contacting my last reference. I have been on reference checks since the 3rd Jan.

Good luck to anyone starting ground school next week in Auckland - hopefully we won't be too far behind you!!
skyhigh_7 is offline  
Old 27th Feb 2017, 21:36
  #334 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: NSW
Posts: 10
Hi all!!

I'm sorry if it's been mentioned before, but how long did you all wait to hear after the elevator pitch? (I'm super early in the recruitment and have zero expectations!)
mayha is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2017, 03:19
  #335 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Auckland
Posts: 31
Originally Posted by skyhigh_7 View Post
Hi everyone!

I am new to the forum and currently on Reference Checks for Auckland Base, but living in Adelaide. I was wondering if anyone had confirmation for starting the ground school at the end of Feb?

As that date is fast approaching and having to relocate I'm not sure if I will be able to make that ground school if offered it! I attended recruitment day on the 7th December, and have been on reference checks for about 4 weeks now.
Hi any news?
Is your reference check done
Clay111 is offline  
Old 2nd Mar 2017, 21:33
  #336 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 28
New Application

Hi all!
I just submitted my application a couple of days ago, and am about to record my 'elevator pitch'! It's taken me days to get it just right and I think I'm finally happy with it
I'm so excited to be starting on this journey!!
CaitlinMaree92 is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2017, 03:50
  #337 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 4
New application

Originally Posted by CaitlinMaree92 View Post
Hi all!
I just submitted my application a couple of days ago, and am about to record my 'elevator pitch'! It's taken me days to get it just right and I think I'm finally happy with it
I'm so excited to be starting on this journey!!

Me too can't wait to find out 😊 Best of luck to us haha
Siennarose is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2017, 13:36
  #338 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Dubai
Posts: 14
Are any of you going to the assessment day on the 8th in Melbourne??
Plobbo is offline  
Old 5th Mar 2017, 08:56
  #339 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 31
Originally Posted by Plobbo View Post
Are any of you going to the assessment day on the 8th in Melbourne??
What base are you? When did you receive the email notifying of the assessment day? Just waiting to hear about a date for the Adelaide base. Trying to be patient!
Alexis2289 is offline  
Old 7th Mar 2017, 07:21
  #340 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Mel
Posts: 27
Assessment day

Originally Posted by Plobbo View Post
Are any of you going to the assessment day on the 8th in Melbourne??
Hi Plobbo, I'm going on the 9th in Melbourne. Good luck to you tomorrow
Mooky1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.