Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Cabin Crew Wannabes
Reload this Page >

Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II

Cabin Crew Wannabes For discussing all aspects of becoming Cabin Crew, including applications and the assessment process.

Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II

Old 10th Jul 2019, 22:51
  #2901 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 39
For those of you who have gotten your GOLDEN CALL. Did it come from an actual number or private. I cant have my phone at work so everytime i miss a call I sit there praying it wasn't THAT call.

TIA
Ta123 is offline  
Old 11th Jul 2019, 00:04
  #2902 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 12
Hey guys, I've been quiet for a while. I completed medical last week which has been cleared and have now sent in requested documents (RSA, First Aid and Water competency). Hopefully not long now!
Crossing my fingers for all of you as well.
Flyer_ is online now  
Old 11th Jul 2019, 00:05
  #2903 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by Ta123 View Post
For those of you who have gotten your GOLDEN CALL. Did it come from an actual number or private. I cant have my phone at work so everytime i miss a call I sit there praying it wasn't THAT call.

TIA
All my contact so far has been from private numbers - however, if i've missed a call they've always left a number in a voicemail to call back on.
Flyer_ is online now  
Old 11th Jul 2019, 02:28
  #2904 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6
Medical/bodycare

Hey!

Can you you pretty please tell us what your medical day entailed? Was there a blood test and ear test? Is it true you gotta do 20 pushups and sit-ups etc? Haha So nervous about it all so any info would help ease my mind haha,

Thanks so much !
Dreamergirl is offline  
Old 11th Jul 2019, 08:39
  #2905 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3
I guess Sydney internal crew still havenít heard anything?
WantToFlySydney is offline  
Old 11th Jul 2019, 22:12
  #2906 (permalink)  
7A7
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: CNS
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl View Post
Hey!

Can you you pretty please tell us what your medical day entailed? Was there a blood test and ear test? Is it true you gotta do 20 pushups and sit-ups etc? Haha So nervous about it all so any info would help ease my mind haha,

Thanks so much !
Hi,

This is a very detailed excerpt but hope it will give you a thorough idea,
Cheers




What is involved?

Each assessment is designed to run for approximately 60 minutes and is divided into three parts.

Please be aware that your blood pressure and heart rate will be checked prior to any functional or strength testing. If your blood pressure is above 160/100, or your heart rate is above 100 beats per minute you will not be able to complete any functional or strength tests. A GP clearance letter will be required. It may be necessary for you to have a follow up appointment with the physiotherapist in order to complete the missed components of the assessment. Please refrain from ingesting any caffeine or smoking prior to your assessment to ensure an accurate reading.
  • Part A: Detailed subjective history; and
  • Part B: Testing of specific manual handling abilities and techniques Including:
    • Lifting and carrying of different loads
    • Grip Strength
    • Repetitive Lifting
    • Lifting techniques
    • Lower Limb Flexibility and Strength
    • Upper Limb Flexibility and Strength
    • Cervical, Thoracic & Lumbar Flexibility and Strength
  • Part C: Further Testing (only if applicable)
    • Urine Sample.
      • This is a drug test that will detect the presence of small amounts of illegal drugs in your system. If you are on a prescription medication which you believe will affect this test please bring in a letter from your GP. Ensure you disclose all medications you are taking as some may affect the test.
    • Blood Pressure Screening
      • This is basic test which measures your resting blood pressure. This can identify people who may be at risk of heart conditions or who may be unsuitable for intense exercise.
    • Hearing Screening
      • This is a screening tool which checks your hearing in each ear based on your responses when tones of varying frequency and volume are played. If you have recently been exposed to loud noises, or suffered a cold or sinus infection, please let the assessor know.
    • Vision Screening
      • Your vision will be checked both with and without aids. If you wear glasses or contacts, please remember to bring these to the assessment, as well as fluid to remove contacts if required.
    • Cardiovascular Fitness Screening
      • A 3 minute step test is used to assess your endurance and fitness. Please wear clothing appropriate for exercising.
    • Psychological screening
      • A short screening questionnaire is used which asks several broad questions about your mental wellbeing. Please answer truthfully to the best of your ability.
    • Lung function
      • This test assesses your breathing and lung capacity, which can help determine your suitability for endurance tasks.
What Happens after the Assessment?

The physiotherapist will submit a report to your potential employer based on the findings. Note that the physiotherapist will not tell you any of the results or recommendations that they make. Pre-employment assessments are not ďpass or failĒ but rather a summary of your current abilities and medical/injury history.
7A7 is offline  
Old 11th Jul 2019, 22:40
  #2907 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by 7A7 View Post
Hi,

This is a very detailed excerpt but hope it will give you a thorough idea,
Cheers




What is involved?

Each assessment is designed to run for approximately 60 minutes and is divided into three parts.

Please be aware that your blood pressure and heart rate will be checked prior to any functional or strength testing. If your blood pressure is above 160/100, or your heart rate is above 100 beats per minute you will not be able to complete any functional or strength tests. A GP clearance letter will be required. It may be necessary for you to have a follow up appointment with the physiotherapist in order to complete the missed components of the assessment. Please refrain from ingesting any caffeine or smoking prior to your assessment to ensure an accurate reading.
  • Part A: Detailed subjective history; and
  • Part B: Testing of specific manual handling abilities and techniques Including:
    • Lifting and carrying of different loads
    • Grip Strength
    • Repetitive Lifting
    • Lifting techniques
    • Lower Limb Flexibility and Strength
    • Upper Limb Flexibility and Strength
    • Cervical, Thoracic & Lumbar Flexibility and Strength
  • Part C: Further Testing (only if applicable)
    • Urine Sample.
      • This is a drug test that will detect the presence of small amounts of illegal drugs in your system. If you are on a prescription medication which you believe will affect this test please bring in a letter from your GP. Ensure you disclose all medications you are taking as some may affect the test.
    • Blood Pressure Screening
      • This is basic test which measures your resting blood pressure. This can identify people who may be at risk of heart conditions or who may be unsuitable for intense exercise.
    • Hearing Screening
      • This is a screening tool which checks your hearing in each ear based on your responses when tones of varying frequency and volume are played. If you have recently been exposed to loud noises, or suffered a cold or sinus infection, please let the assessor know.
    • Vision Screening
      • Your vision will be checked both with and without aids. If you wear glasses or contacts, please remember to bring these to the assessment, as well as fluid to remove contacts if required.
    • Cardiovascular Fitness Screening
      • A 3 minute step test is used to assess your endurance and fitness. Please wear clothing appropriate for exercising.
    • Psychological screening
      • A short screening questionnaire is used which asks several broad questions about your mental wellbeing. Please answer truthfully to the best of your ability.
    • Lung function
      • This test assesses your breathing and lung capacity, which can help determine your suitability for endurance tasks.
What Happens after the Assessment?

The physiotherapist will submit a report to your potential employer based on the findings. Note that the physiotherapist will not tell you any of the results or recommendations that they make. Pre-employment assessments are not ďpass or failĒ but rather a summary of your current abilities and medical/injury history.
Thank you so much for this info! Itís really helped!
Dreamergirl is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2019, 06:54
  #2908 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl View Post
Hey!

Can you you pretty please tell us what your medical day entailed? Was there a blood test and ear test? Is it true you gotta do 20 pushups and sit-ups etc? Haha So nervous about it all so any info would help ease my mind haha,

Thanks so much !

Someone has posted already the detailed info -
But to answer your questions no blood test, just urine sample which gets sent for testing and breath test on the day.
There is a hearing test, you put the headphones on, listen to the recording and press the button when you hear the beeps - pretty straight forward.
Also a vision test, for colour blindness and also basic vision test reading the chart from various distances.
Yes I had to do push ups (was allowed to do them on my knees and i think it was only 15), sit ups, planks, overhead press, lifting weighted bags, pushing and pulling a cart. All the usual type manual handing exercises.
Don't feel stressed if you aren't 100% confident with push ups etc - like the other person said it isn't pass or fail, they just send an overall rating to Qantas.
Flyer_ is online now  
Old 12th Jul 2019, 11:37
  #2909 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by Flyer_ View Post
Someone has posted already the detailed info -
But to answer your questions no blood test, just urine sample which gets sent for testing and breath test on the day.
There is a hearing test, you put the headphones on, listen to the recording and press the button when you hear the beeps - pretty straight forward.
Also a vision test, for colour blindness and also basic vision test reading the chart from various distances.
Yes I had to do push ups (was allowed to do them on my knees and i think it was only 15), sit ups, planks, overhead press, lifting weighted bags, pushing and pulling a cart. All the usual type manual handing exercises.
Don't feel stressed if you aren't 100% confident with push ups etc - like the other person said it isn't pass or fail, they just send an overall rating to Qantas.
Thank you so so much for all your helpful info! Really appreciate it as Iíll def try and do even 5 pushups now! Haha. Good luck with everything! Hopefully ground school is around the corner for you!
Dreamergirl is offline  
Old 15th Jul 2019, 22:56
  #2910 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 21
NEWS

Hey all,

Currently doing my ASIC...is anyone else at this stage too? After they were all ticked off how long did it take to do medicals? Is anyone else here from Brisbane (now Sydney lol) or is it just me? 🙏 Itís so hard to estimate time frames 😭. I wonder how many ground schools theyíre having this year...it canít be many Iím guessing?!

Congratulations to everyone thatís made it passed medicals! Youíve got this 😁
Jetsetterhopeful is offline  
Old 16th Jul 2019, 01:51
  #2911 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: sydney
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Jetsetterhopeful View Post
Hey all,

Currently doing my ASIC...is anyone else at this stage too? After they were all ticked off how long did it take to do medicals? Is anyone else here from Brisbane (now Sydney lol) or is it just me? 🙏 Itís so hard to estimate time frames 😭. I wonder how many ground schools theyíre having this year...it canít be many Iím guessing?!

Congratulations to everyone thatís made it passed medicals! Youíve got this 😁
I'm done with Asic but waiting for Australian check. I had an interview 13th of May.... the waiting is too long. someone who had an assessment on the same day, already took medical check.
when did you have an AD?
katiemitchell is offline  
Old 16th Jul 2019, 02:00
  #2912 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 19
Update

Hi there, just a short update from someone else who has been going through the process too. I know it can seem long and at times slow process waiting for news. I would encourage you to be patient and remain optimistic and positive. I understand it is a fairly large recruitment drive at present with new starter ground schools planned for August September and October. Have all your documents ready would be my advice as when asked for them - RSA / First Aid etc it is great to be able to send them straight back. Any questions then feel free to drop me a message. For those waiting for news or an offer then do keep positive, good things come to those who wait!

All the best
Syd_flyer is offline  
Old 16th Jul 2019, 03:26
  #2913 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: sydney
Posts: 94
I am also only waiting for Auscheck tick and then final QF clearance tick. Can anybody recommend an online RSA course for NSW please?

filthy rich is offline  
Old 16th Jul 2019, 07:03
  #2914 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 23
Hey there

iím unable to PM sorry. Do you mind me asking how you know about the planning of GS in Aug/Sept & Oct...

Any GS from Oct onwards would actually suit me perfect so iím more than happy with the long process haha.

Thank you

Originally Posted by Syd_flyer View Post
Hi there, just a short update from someone else who has been going through the process too. I know it can seem long and at times slow process waiting for news. I would encourage you to be patient and remain optimistic and positive. I understand it is a fairly large recruitment drive at present with new starter ground schools planned for August September and October. Have all your documents ready would be my advice as when asked for them - RSA / First Aid etc it is great to be able to send them straight back. Any questions then feel free to drop me a message. For those waiting for news or an offer then do keep positive, good things come to those who wait!

All the best
l395 is offline  
Old 16th Jul 2019, 07:08
  #2915 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by l395 View Post
Hey there

iím unable to PM sorry. Do you mind me asking how you know about the planning of GS in Aug/Sept & Oct...

Any GS from Oct onwards would actually suit me perfect so iím more than happy with the long process haha.

Thank you


HI there, that is the communication that came directly from the Talent Team when I asked about planned courses, no rumours no hearsay just information directly from those in the know. All the best with the application.
Syd_flyer is offline  
Old 17th Jul 2019, 11:41
  #2916 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 12
Got my date!

Originally Posted by filthy rich View Post
I am also only waiting for Auscheck tick and then final QF clearance tick. Can anybody recommend an online RSA course for NSW please?

I did mine through clear to work. Online, easy and only cost $112 which I thought was affordable.

Also, I got my start date, finally! 1st of August - anyone else starting ground school in Sydney on this date??
Flyer_ is online now  
Old 17th Jul 2019, 20:00
  #2917 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by Flyer_ View Post
I did mine through clear to work. Online, easy and only cost $112 which I thought was affordable.

Also, I got my start date, finally! 1st of August - anyone else starting ground school in Sydney on this date??
Congratulations Flyer. Great news. See you on the 1st :-)
Syd_flyer is offline  
Old 18th Jul 2019, 00:14
  #2918 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 21
Originally Posted by katiemitchell View Post
I'm done with Asic but waiting for Australian check. I had an interview 13th of May.... the waiting is too long. someone who had an assessment on the same day, already took medical check.
when did you have an AD?
Hey Katie,

Yeah I am the exact same...just waiting for Auscheck and QF clearance. I had my AD in BNE on June 6th...we got ours pretty late up here. I don't know anyone from BE in the same boat so it's so hard but it'll be worth it in the end! Let me know how you go!!

Jetsetterhopeful is offline  
Old 18th Jul 2019, 03:09
  #2919 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: melbourne
Posts: 14
Has any internal crew , been rejected?
Rosey123 is offline  
Old 18th Jul 2019, 09:40
  #2920 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Melb
Posts: 35
Originally Posted by Rosey123 View Post
Has any internal crew , been rejected?
Not that Iíve heard
Skiesthedream is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.