Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Cabin Crew Wannabes
Reload this Page >

Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II

Cabin Crew Wannabes For discussing all aspects of becoming Cabin Crew, including applications and the assessment process.

Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II

Reply

Old 13th Nov 2017, 04:31
  #2181 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: australia
Age: 47
Posts: 44
Originally Posted by kchamzx View Post
I received another email today , advising am on still on hold and they reviewing business needs and will get back to me shortly.
i hope this is a good sign.
That is a good sign! Did they give you any indication when they would get back to you?
jetsolo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 19th Nov 2017, 00:15
  #2182 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney
Posts: 17
Sydney recruitment

Wow. Since there are so many people are still on active hold, I donít think there will be any next recruitment campaign in Sydney anytime soon?
Jackal717 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2017, 04:20
  #2183 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 34
Hey everybody. How long after your medical appointment does it usually take for them to call you?
HDSD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 30th Nov 2017, 07:01
  #2184 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 39
Originally Posted by HDSD View Post
Hey everybody. How long after your medical appointment does it usually take for them to call you?
From what Iíve heard itís within six weeks, most hear back in the first two. Have you received a medical email?
Cavelle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2017, 05:23
  #2185 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 25
Active hold email

Hi All,
I have received another email there is no future classes at this point in time. I was told my active hold till Apr 18.
Fingercrossed they give me good news after new year, stay positive!!! I hope this waiting is worth it.
kchamzx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2017, 02:23
  #2186 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 39
Originally Posted by kchamzx View Post
Hi All,
I have received another email there is no future classes at this point in time. I was told my active hold till Apr 18.
Fingercrossed they give me good news after new year, stay positive!!! I hope this waiting is worth it.
Hi Kchamzx,
If you applied in 2016 wouldnít your application have expired by now? I was under the assumption that if you didnít get a ground school offer within 12 months you have to fully reapply even if you have done medical? If not thatís great Iím just curious. Thanks!
Cavelle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 4th Dec 2017, 09:45
  #2187 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 25
Active hold

Originally Posted by Cavelle View Post
Hi Kchamzx,
If you applied in 2016 wouldnít your application have expired by now? I was under the assumption that if you didnít get a ground school offer within 12 months you have to fully reapply even if you have done medical? If not thatís great Iím just curious. Thanks!
Hi cavelle,

Apparently i began all my application in apr 17, i thought it was in 2016😺.
Anyone know if they will have Ground school after new year?

Last edited by kchamzx; 4th Dec 2017 at 23:18.
kchamzx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2017, 14:07
  #2188 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 25
Ground school

Anyone here have source about the ground school for 2018, melbourne and sydney?
Cheers

Kc
kchamzx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2017, 17:56
  #2189 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: australia
Age: 47
Posts: 44
Originally Posted by kchamzx View Post
Anyone here have source about the ground school for 2018, melbourne and sydney?
Cheers

Kc
Apparently no new ground schools planned.
jetsolo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2017, 20:50
  #2190 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 25
ground school

HI Jetsolo,

thank you for the respond..
i hope they will be after the new year.

kc
kchamzx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2017, 22:08
  #2191 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: australia
Age: 47
Posts: 44
Originally Posted by kchamzx View Post
HI Jetsolo,

thank you for the respond..
i hope they will be after the new year.

kc
Maybe after the new financial year next June. But from what Iíve been told by friends nothing planned for the current financial year. June is only 6 months away though
jetsolo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2017, 07:08
  #2192 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 39
Originally Posted by jetsolo View Post
Maybe after the new financial year next June. But from what Iíve been told by friends nothing planned for the current financial year. June is only 6 months away though
Wonít everyone thatís currently on hold have to reapply by June though? Most of us applied in March/April.
Cavelle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2017, 09:02
  #2193 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: australia
Age: 47
Posts: 44
Originally Posted by Cavelle View Post
Wonít everyone thatís currently on hold have to reapply by June though? Most of us applied in March/April.
Iím in no position to say yes or no to that question. I would imagine if the 12months are up we unfortunately would have to reapply. However, one of the wannabes posting on here appears to have applied in 2016 and is on hold until April 2018 which contravenes the 12 month rule. Fingers crossed we wonít have to reapply but..........??
jetsolo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2017, 19:20
  #2194 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 25
Originally Posted by jetsolo View Post
Iím in no position to say yes or no to that question. I would imagine if the 12months are up we unfortunately would have to reapply. However, one of the wannabes posting on here appears to have applied in 2016 and is on hold until April 2018 which contravenes the 12 month rule. Fingers crossed we wonít have to reapply but..........??
most likely we have to reapply, as they have mentioned application will be on active hold till Apr'18.
i was just hoping to get call asap...
kchamzx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 13th Dec 2017, 20:39
  #2195 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney
Posts: 49
They could start calling before the active hold is up to complete security and/or medical and still wait for a ground school start in the next financial year.
aueb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 14th Dec 2017, 10:48
  #2196 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 23
Hold

Hi everyone on hold, remember: Remain positive, from reading back through this forum to 2015, most people received their golden call at the one year mark (Around May), remain positive- we've waited this long! x
Flyskyhigh007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 16th Dec 2017, 17:59
  #2197 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 25
Originally Posted by Flyskyhigh007 View Post
Hi everyone on hold, remember: Remain positive, from reading back through this forum to 2015, most people received their golden call at the one year mark (Around May), remain positive- we've waited this long! x
Well i hope I get call before May...trying to remain positive...wish u all all happy holidays for those who are still on hold..golden call is coming soon!
kchamzx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Dec 2017, 06:53
  #2198 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 23
Hold email.

Received another active hold email today, updating on business plans and thanking for my interest in the position.

Hopefully good news in coming our way before April 😭
Flyskyhigh007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 26th Dec 2017, 02:00
  #2199 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 12
On hold

Originally Posted by Flyskyhigh007 View Post
Received another active hold email today, updating on business plans and thanking for my interest in the position.

Hopefully good news in coming our way before April 😭

I also received this email just before Christmas. This was my first ever on hold email received since I applied earlier this year. I think itís positive news
Flying11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2018, 02:20
  #2200 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 2
Active Hold

Hi

Just curious to see if we've heard any updates/any rumours recently?

How many people are on active hold? I attended the Sydney assessment day in June 17, received the first active hold email in July 17.

Hopefully we hear something soon !
B.louxx is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service