PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific-90/)
-   -   Aviair WA expansion (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific/646639-aviair-wa-expansion.html)

Agent_86 12th May 2022 07:15

Aviair WA expansion
 
The refueller at Geraldton Airport tells me Aviair is planning to upgrade their fleet from 9-seat aircraft to 76-seat aircraft and will expand their Inter-Regional WA Network to include KTA/GET in addition to the other RPT services they currently offer (BME, PHE etc).

The WA State Government are kicking in $4mil to help fund the expansion.

Could we see more Q400's gracing WA's skies?

Capt Fathom 12th May 2022 08:00


9-seat aircraft to 76-seat aircraft
A big step up to the latest version of the C209. Good luck to them!

Icarus2001 12th May 2022 08:59

With their JET LIKE SPEED.

Capn Bloggs 12th May 2022 13:06

What are you doing at GET, A86? Couldn't make it back from XXX? :E

Slowwtation 12th May 2022 14:33


Originally Posted by Agent_86 (Post 11228952)
The refueller at Geraldton Airport tells me Aviair is planning to upgrade their fleet from 9-seat aircraft to 76-seat aircraft and will expand their Inter-Regional WA Network to include KTA/GET in addition to the other RPT services they currently offer (BME, PHE etc).

The WA State Government are kicking in $4mil to help fund the expansion.

Could we see more Q400's gracing WA's skies?

The training bond would be 125k over 20 years on a Q400/ATR with Aviair.

Agent86 12th May 2022 23:06


Originally Posted by Capn Bloggs (Post 11229141)
What are you doing at GET, A86? Couldn't make it back from XXX? :E

Hi Bloggs ..
Not me. It's my alter ego "Agent_86" who couldn't think of a better name so added an underscore just to confuse you.

Going Nowhere 13th May 2022 08:21

Could they be leasing an aircraft from someone else?

Cobham Q400 or HeaviLift ATR72 come to mind.

Capn Bloggs 13th May 2022 08:48


Originally Posted by The Real Agent 86
Not me. It's my alter ego "Agent_86" who couldn't think of a better name so added an underscore just to confuse you.

Sorry about that, A86. I guess I got phished?!

itchy_feet 17th May 2022 05:30


Originally Posted by Going Nowhere (Post 11229573)
Could they be leasing an aircraft from someone else?

Cobham Q400 or HeaviLift ATR72 come to mind.

They’re apparently sourcing up to 3 Q400’s to operate themselves.


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:09.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.