PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific-90/)
-   -   All borders to reopen. (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific/632861-all-borders-reopen.html)

Green.Dot 9th Sep 2020 02:50


Originally Posted by Xeptu (Post 10881170)
I would'nt say there is any more or less risk, the issue is "when" the virus arrives. The airlines are parked up because of operational risk, not because they care if you get infected. Trying to keep things moving when you lose one or two crew members is a problem, particularly if those crew members are not in their own home base at the time. You end up with aircraft stuck on the ground all over the place until the whole operation comes to a grinding halt.

Sorry that makes no sense and doesnít really answer my question. This isnít about the airline crew, itís about moving passengers from A to B and getting the economy moving. I am pretty sure AJ doesnít want his fleet parked up- the operation is already at a grinding halt. The risk of the locations I gave you with a COVID positive case on board is miniscule. I am still quite confused about your response.

CaptCloudbuster 9th Sep 2020 02:56


Originally Posted by Xeptu (Post 10881170)
Trying to keep things moving when you lose one or two crew members is a problem, particularly if those crew members are not in their own home base at the time. You end up with aircraft stuck on the ground all over the place until the whole operation comes to a grinding halt.

Completely incorrect assumption Xeptu. Information given through QF Flight Ops weekly Webinars directly from the mouths of Tino, QMed et al says otherwise. Stop posting information as fact you obviously have no knowledge of.

Xeptu 9th Sep 2020 03:00


Originally Posted by CaptCloudbuster (Post 10881174)
Completely incorrect assumption Xeptu. Information given through QF Flight Ops weekly Webinars directly from the mouths of Tino, QMed et al says otherwise. Stop posting information as fact you obviously have no knowledge of.

What difference does it make, the outcome is the same and I'll actually state and that's a fact when it is.

Green.Dot 9th Sep 2020 03:02


Originally Posted by Xeptu (Post 10881175)
What difference does it make, the outcome is the same and I'll actually state and that's a fact when it is.

I think what people have been trying to tell you for a while is that you may have been involved in aviation once but your views appear a little out of touch with the industry today.

Cheers mate

Xeptu 9th Sep 2020 03:06


Originally Posted by Green.Dot (Post 10881171)
Sorry that makes no sense and doesnít really answer my question. This isnít about the airline crew, itís about moving passengers from A to B and getting the economy moving. I am pretty sure AJ doesnít want his fleet parked up- the operation is already at a grinding halt. The risk of the locations I gave you with a COVID positive case on board is miniscule. I am still quite confused about your response.

IMHO to appease the fact gatherers. It makes no difference if the borders are open, there still won't be too many passengers travelling anywhere, for what purpose, why do you think we are all going to rush to the airports and travel somewhere. Are you suggesting that alone will restore the economy.

Green.Dot 9th Sep 2020 03:10


Originally Posted by Xeptu (Post 10881180)
IMHO to appease the fact gatherers. It makes no difference if the borders are open, there still won't be too many passengers travelling anywhere, for what purpose, why do you think we are all going to rush to the airports and travel somewhere. Are you suggesting that alone will restore the economy.

Well there is demand on those INTRA state routes I mentioned and good pax loads. So again that contradicts your opinion. BNE-CNS is the busiest route in Aus right now. But I guess you already knew that.

Xeptu 9th Sep 2020 03:10


Originally Posted by Green.Dot (Post 10881179)
I think what people have been trying to tell you for a while is that you may have been involved in aviation once but your views appear a little out of touch with the industry today.

Cheers mate

What a nonsense! The only difference is I don't fly a heavy anymore, I retired from the Airlines, not from Life. I'm still current and get to bash around in the flight levels when I feel like it. When was the last time you flew, are you sure your views are not out of date, The covid change of life occurred 7 months ago, have you adapted yet.

Green.Dot 9th Sep 2020 03:13


Originally Posted by Xeptu (Post 10881184)
What a nonsense! The only difference is I don't fly a heavy anymore, I retired from the Airlines, not from Life. I'm still current and get to bash around in the flight levels when I feel like it. When was the last time you flew, are you sure your views are not out of date, The covid change of life occurred 7 months ago, have you adapted yet.

Havenít flown since Feb. Have adapted.

dr dre 9th Sep 2020 03:14


Originally Posted by Xeptu (Post 10881180)
IMHO to appease the fact gatherers. It makes no difference if the borders are open, there still won't be too many passengers travelling anywhere, for what purpose, why do you think we are all going to rush to the airports and travel somewhere. Are you suggesting that alone will restore the economy.

I tend to agree. I don't think the return to normal passenger levels will come as a result of governments opening borders, I think it'll come when public confidence to travel returns to a pre Covid state. It may not be until a vaccine is distributed, it may be when the media stops treating this in a sensationalist way. It may be when the spread of the virus is mostly contained, it may be when economic conditions begin to recover. Who knows? Passengers were cancelling trips in great numbers before borders were closed. There is confidence in travelling within states, but I see that as more of a sign of confidence of the public that travelling within that state is safe, rather than solely being allowed to travel within that state.

Xeptu 9th Sep 2020 03:14


Originally Posted by Green.Dot (Post 10881183)
Well there is demand on those INTRA state routes I mentioned and good pax loads. So again that contradicts your opinion. BNE-CNS is the busiest route in Aus right now. But I guess you already knew that.

Which doesn't involve crossing borders, so is Perth to everywhere in WA as well, whats your point

Xeptu 9th Sep 2020 03:18


Originally Posted by dr dre (Post 10881187)
I tend to agree. I don't think the return to normal passenger levels will come as a result of governments opening borders, I think it'll come when public confidence to travel returns to a pre Covid state. It may not be until a vaccine is distributed, it may be when the media stops treating this in a sensationalist way. It may be when the spread of the virus is mostly contained, it may be when economic conditions begin to recover. Who knows?Passengers were cancelling trips in great numbers before borders were closed.

Agreed, a quick test will be the game changer. out of interest of those domestic passengers pre covid, how many were travelling to make overseas connections, like our beloved Bali or cruise ships or other international connections., My guess is probably half.

Ragnor 9th Sep 2020 03:23


Originally Posted by Xeptu (Post 10881180)
IMHO to appease the fact gatherers. It makes no difference if the borders are open, there still won't be too many passengers travelling anywhere, for what purpose, why do you think we are all going to rush to the airports and travel somewhere. Are you suggesting that alone will restore the economy.

Yes it does matter, have you not been reading the stories of despair from general citizens, farmers, business and many others?

The borders being closed is much bigger than a few aircraft parked up and my career at a screaming halt like many others on this forum. Its family's seeking medical attention farmers who have had a horrid decade and now have the opportunity to cash in on recent good weather events its about family's and singles with business that have or will soon face financial ruin and have no way of recovering. Then there is the mental health issue year 12 students already doing the unthinkable and Victorians who have it much harder then the rest of Australia, well what I thought was Australia who know what ppl think now.

Good to see DA finally concede, swallow his pride seek help from NSW to understand why our contact tracing is so successful. NSW is able to manage this as demonstrated from the start. QLD, they're on the brink of an outbreak well before NSW as they don't have the contact tracing ability NSW.

ruprecht 9th Sep 2020 03:38


Originally Posted by Xeptu (Post 10881184)
What a nonsense! The only difference is I don't fly a heavy anymore, I retired from the Airlines, not from Life. I'm still current and get to bash around in the flight levels when I feel like it. When was the last time you flew, are you sure your views are not out of date, The covid change of life occurred 7 months ago, have you adapted yet.

Let me guess Xeptu...

Retired, best years of your life behind you. Travelled widely in your 20s - 60s. But travelling now is becoming difficult, not to mention how rude people are nowadays - and the crowds - this place was way better when we were here in 1975... Did I mention how rude people are nowadays? Plus places are way hotter than they used to be, and dirtier, and no one appreciates how much better this place was in 1975 despite how many times you tell them... and the travel insurance premiums are ridiculous... so you donít really care much for travel anymore so itís really no skin off your nose if we close the borders and donít travel.

But hereís the thing, plenty of people still want to travel. Theyíre just younger than you. You got old and over cautious: it happens to everyone and now itís happened to you.

Xeptu 9th Sep 2020 03:39


Originally Posted by Ragnor (Post 10881191)
Yes it does matter, have you not been reading the stories of despair from general citizens, farmers, business and many others?

The borders being closed is much bigger than a few aircraft parked up and my career at a screaming halt like many others on this forum. Its family's seeking medical attention farmers who have had a horrid decade and now have the opportunity to cash in on recent good weather events its about family's and singles with business that have or will soon face financial ruin and have no way of recovering. Then there is the mental health issue year 12 students already doing the unthinkable and Victorians who have it much harder then the rest of Australia, well what I thought was Australia who know what ppl think now.

Good to see DA finally concede, swallow his pride seek help from NSW to understand why our contact tracing is so successful. NSW is able to manage this as demonstrated from the start. QLD, they're on the brink of an outbreak well before NSW as they don't have the contact tracing ability NSW.

And I agree with you, I am very mindful of what's going on around me and my businesses are impacted, just not as badly as some, but I did design it that way so that it wouldn't be. I am a product of black wednesday 1987. On that note the markets are taking a bit of a spanking today, so I have plenty of time to chat.

Xeptu 9th Sep 2020 03:44


Originally Posted by ruprecht (Post 10881192)
Let me guess Xeptu...

Retired, best years of your life behind you. Travelled widely in your 20s - 60s. But travelling now is becoming difficult, not to mention how rude people are nowadays - and the crowds - this place was way better when we were here in 1975... Did I mention how rude people are nowadays? Plus places are way hotter than they used to be, and dirtier, and no one appreciates how much better this place was in 1975 despite how many times you tell them... and the travel insurance premiums are ridiculous... so you donít really care much for travel anymore so itís really no skin off your nose if we close the borders and donít travel.

But hereís the thing, plenty of people still want to travel. Theyíre just younger than you. You got old and over cautious: it happens to everyone and now itís happened to you.

Hell NO! The last ten years, particularly after I retired from the airlines have been the very best years. My 20 year old grandson, god damn shit kid, reminds me I'm old most days. :)
P.S I don't know how we ever managed without, mobile phones, laptops, tablets, GPS and vehicles that don't break down

Xeptu 9th Sep 2020 04:06


Originally Posted by ruprecht (Post 10881192)
Did I mention how rude people are nowadays?

I have always been ruder. Only yesterday I stood behind a young lady at the shop counter that had on the back of her teeshirt, today is just a high heels and lingerie day. As she walked away I said to her, so what happened to just the high heels and lingerie.

ruprecht 9th Sep 2020 04:13


Originally Posted by Xeptu (Post 10881198)
I have always been ruder. Only yesterday I stood behind a young lady at the shop counter that had on the back of her teeshirt, today is just a high heels and lingerie day. As she walked away I said to her, so what happened to just the high heels and lingerie.

Smooth... :rolleyes:

brokenagain 9th Sep 2020 04:25


As she walked away I said to her, so what happened to just the high heels and lingerie.
‘The girls’ must be proud. It’s creepy just reading it.

Green.Dot 9th Sep 2020 04:28


Originally Posted by brokenagain (Post 10881204)
ĎThe girlsí must be proud. Itís creepy just reading it.

Did I previously mention ďout of touchď?

Xeptu 9th Sep 2020 04:34


Originally Posted by Green.Dot (Post 10881205)
Did I previously mention ďout of touchď?

You did and there in lies your answer, perhaps that's the real problem with the world.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:22.


Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.