PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific-90/)
-   -   All borders to reopen. (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific/632861-all-borders-reopen.html)

KRviator 11th Aug 2021 10:29


Originally Posted by cessnapete (Post 11093445)
We must try and avoid mixed messages Worldwide.

We've got the NSW Premier and her CHO saying "Get the AZ vaccine if it's available, Covid is more of a risk than blood clots". We've got the Qld Premier and her CHO saying "I wouldn't give it to my worst enemy - what if they died! I don't want that particular death on my conscience."

We can't even avoid mixed messages across the Tweed River yet alone an international border! :mad::ugh:

Potsie Weber 11th Aug 2021 10:38


Originally Posted by Turnleft080 (Post 11093428)
If the whole friggen country opened all domestic borders right now and mandated masks and sanitiser (Australia wide) which prevent the spread,
the hospitalisations would be no different as they now. Dealing with recalcitrant premiers is the reason why business are collapsing and all of us not flying.

The SA Olympians just did 14 days quarantine in NSW and now have to do an extra 14 days of iso in SA. They are fully vaxed
and all negative. Makes you wonder if this 70% quota is load of spin as well. As someone said 7 governments, 1 country.

Why on earth did they bring the athletes back through Sydney in the first place?

Turnleft080 11th Aug 2021 11:01


Originally Posted by Potsie Weber (Post 11093459)
Why on earth did they bring the athletes back through Sydney in the first place?

Don't know maybe because JAL don't fly to ADL. Another "Yes Minister" script.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-...ttee/100369432

KRviator 11th Aug 2021 11:03

Seriously? You can't make this stuff up...

From 7:00pm the Walgett Shire LGA will be under stay-at-home orders for a week, as well as Bogan, Bourke, Brewarrina, Coonamble, Gilgandra, Narromine, and Warren. Health authorities say a man who returned a positive COVID test is from Walgett, 230km east of Bourke, and was in Dubbo and Bathurst during his infectious period.
AAhh, grashopper, but where exactly was this Covid test undertaken?


He was tested on Saturday while in custody at the prison in a routine screening procedure for new inmates. He was released on bail on Monday.

He was confirmed as a COVID-positive case this afternoon.
Source

What the hell happened to "Thou shall isolate until zee test is negative"? Keep the asrehole in prison until his test comes back, and then release him on bail. FFS.

ruprecht 11th Aug 2021 12:03


Originally Posted by Foxxster (Post 11093413)
another 500 army personnel will be coming to Sydney

Just when they thought their tours in the Middle East were over.

601 11th Aug 2021 14:31


No point making a rule and not being willing and able to enforce it effectively. That's the half-arsed way of doing it.
Why does it need to be "enforced"
I get it.
It has to be "enforced" on the same cohort who zoom past me at traffic lights when I stop on the red, or the person who crossed a train line when the boom gates are down and the lights flashing.

Or is this the start of a Darwinian period in human history?

WingNut60 11th Aug 2021 14:55


Originally Posted by 601 (Post 11093562)
Why does it need to be "enforced"
I get it.
It has to be "enforced" on the same cohort who zoom past me at traffic lights when I stop on the red, or the person who crossed a train line when the boom gates are down and the lights flashing.

Or is this the start of a Darwinian period in human history?

It needs to be enforced because this group are intent on dragging you onto the train lines with them.

SOPS 11th Aug 2021 15:40


Originally Posted by WingNut60 (Post 11093572)
It needs to be enforced because this group are intent on dragging you onto the train lines with them.


Having lived in “other countries “ for many years.. some people don’t believe laws apply to them. At the moment .. they should all be arrested .

hamfists 11th Aug 2021 22:11

3 out of 4 of the big airlines in the USA have backed out of vaccine mandates because the staff and unions aren’t having it

ScepticalOptomist 11th Aug 2021 22:46

Doherty institute modelling for Delta - up to 5000 or so deaths across Australia if no lockdowns imposed and virus left unchecked.

Is that an ‘acceptable’ number? Each one of us has a different opinion. Those unaffected by the devastation to livelihoods will have a differing view than those of us most affected.

We are getting close to “let it rip”.

Lead Balloon 11th Aug 2021 23:11

FIFY: We are getting close to it ripping, whether we like it or not.

SHVC 11th Aug 2021 23:45

Thanks to Gladys gold standard it’s ripping in NSW East to as far west as the border now. North as Balina only a matter of days before Albury is hit.

Liklik balus 11th Aug 2021 23:53

Fellow Victorian Ppruners, the further 1 week lockdown extension that was announced yesterday will AGAIN be extended by another week. Buckle up until August 26!
And I so advise!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaagh!!!



Turnleft080 12th Aug 2021 00:59


Originally Posted by Liklik balus (Post 11093769)
Fellow Victorian Ppruners, the further 1 week lockdown extension that was announced yesterday will AGAIN be extended by another week. Buckle up until August 26!
And I so advise!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaagh!!!

Nothing new. It's government policy. The virus was designed to have a 14 day incubation period.
Always add 14 days to any mystery case.
As I say that another thought just came through. What if the virus was the same as the flu incubation
period of 3 days. I don't think lockdowns would never eventuate.

Climb150 12th Aug 2021 01:53


Originally Posted by hamfists (Post 11093730)
3 out of 4 of the big airlines in the USA have backed out of vaccine mandates because the staff and unions aren’t having it

The one that hasn't backed down is the one with the most international flying.

Non story.

SOPS 12th Aug 2021 02:09

There are reports now that the ACT will go into lock down shortly.

Paragraph377 12th Aug 2021 02:37


Originally Posted by SOPS (Post 11093806)
There are reports now that the ACT will go into lock down shortly.

It would be nice if the Politicians were to lose their livelihoods and feel the same pain as everybody else. But of course, if there was a risk of that happening to them the word ‘lockdown’ wouldn’t even exist. Arrogant, contemptible assholes.

SOPS 12th Aug 2021 02:49


Originally Posted by SOPS (Post 11093806)
There are reports now that the ACT will go into lock down shortly.

7 day lock down confirmed.
NSW has fallen.

SHVC 12th Aug 2021 02:56

So NSW, VIC and ACT in lockdown, QLD heavily restricted how do these decision makers think the general population can survive. It’s definitely looking liking the cure is worse than the disease.


Ladloy 12th Aug 2021 03:11


Originally Posted by SHVC (Post 11093818)
So NSW, VIC and ACT in lockdown, QLD heavily restricted how do these decision makers think the general population can survive. It’s definitely looking liking the cure is worse than the disease.

Until our double dose vaccination rates are above 80% I strongly disagree.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:30.


Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.