PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific-90/)
-   -   All borders to reopen. (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific/632861-all-borders-reopen.html)

empacher48 30th Apr 2021 03:54


Originally Posted by Troo believer (Post 11036270)
The Tasman bubble needs to be terminated immediately in order to resolve the stark difference in aircrew quarantine rules. If this isnít a large hole in the cheese then I donít know what is. 2 days quarantine for New Zealand crew. 14 days for Australian crew. What a fu*ing joke. Whatís 2 days and a test going to do when you could be infected but not infectious. Itís generally recognised for the virus to manifest itself takes about 5 days on average. Either New Zealand or Australia is out on a limb here. The Tasman bubble is far from secure. Shut it down until itís fixed. How the hell was this over looked reeks of incompetence or most probably, political indifference. Any Australian travelling to New Zealand could be exposed easily via lose quarantine rules.

Itís interesting that our Kiwi colleagues havenít refuted the facts. The ball is in your court bros.

If you take time to read the MoH Air Border Order which was updated this April, youíll find that Aircrew who operate Red zone flights are not permitted to fly Green Zone flights at all and must be kept separate.

Under the rules in NZ, red zone crew may operate domestically in NZ only after a 72 hour stand down and a negative PCR test, just as it always has been since July 2020. However aircrew must also comply with Australian rules requiring red zone crew to have spent 14 days in NZ before operating a trans-Tasman green zone flight.

But hey, donít let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Troo believer 30th Apr 2021 04:18


Originally Posted by empacher48 (Post 11036278)
If you take time to read the MoH Air Border Order which was updated this April, you’ll find that Aircrew who operate Red zone flights are not permitted to fly Green Zone flights at all and must be kept separate.

Under the rules in NZ, red zone crew may operate domestically in NZ only after a 72 hour stand down and a negative PCR test, just as it always has been since July 2020. However aircrew must also comply with Australian rules requiring red zone crew to have spent 14 days in NZ before operating a trans-Tasman green zone flight.

But hey, don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story.

But you yourself just illustrated the difference. Perhaps you should read the Australian equivalent rules that don’t include bubble flying.

You fly over to the USA and the rule upon return is a minimum of 2 days quarantine plus a negative test. Is that correct? After those two requirements are completed what then? Free to move about in the community. You know things like shopping, going to the rugby, off to the pub, concert perhaps. All the pastimes and freedoms that anyone else has. Is that correct? What I’m talking about has nothing to do with red or green flights. It’s what happens outside the Tasman rule set that bothers me. I’ve read all the documents. Tell me where I’m wrong please if you can.
Enlighten us.

empacher48 30th Apr 2021 04:48


Originally Posted by Troo believer (Post 11036282)
Butt you yourself just illustrated the difference. Perhaps you should read the Australian equivalent rules that donít include bubble flying.

I haven't read the Australian equivalent and it does not interest me. If the Australian politicians haven't set up special cases for Australian flight crew operating the Tasman Bubble, then that is an issue for flight crew in Australia to take up with their politicians.


You fly over to the USA and the rule upon return is a minimum of 2 days quarantine plus a negative test. Is that correct? After those two requirements are completed what then? Free to move about in the community. You know things like shopping, going to the rugby, off to the pub, concert perhaps. All the pastimes and freedoms that anyone else has. Is that correct?
Yes as long as they have complied with the Aircrew Border order in regard to the conduct in other countries. Failure to comply with those requirements mean a 14 day stay in MIQ. Flight crew only require the one negative test, cabin crew are required to be tested every 7 days since their first red zone flight conducted after October 13, 2020. Before that date it was every 14 days.

As I mentioned above, I haven't read the Australian rules, how often do red zone cabin crew in Australia have to be tested once they have arrived back into Australia?


What Iím talking about has nothing to do with red or green flights. Itís what happens outside the Tasman rule set that bothers me. Iíve read all the documents. Tell me where Iím wrong please if you can.
Enlighten us.
As of 1st May 2021 all frontline border or MIQ workers employed by or under contract to the NZ government must be vaccinated. If you choose not to be vaccinated then you will be re-deployed into roles that mean you will never see a member of the public while at work. Those that are contractors will not have their contracts extended beyond the 1st of May.

Messaging is going to the airlines that by the time the NZ green zone extends to the Cook Islands and Niue this month the only aircrew that should be operating internationally from NZ will be vaccinated crew. This is in anticipation of further extending of the Green Zone to other Pacific Island nations and selected Asian destinations towards the middle of 2021, once vaccination groups 1, 2 and 3 are complete.

How the Australian Government wants to play this bubble is up to the Australian Government, but once you are in a travel bubble you are at the mercy of the way the other countries operate themselves.



Troo believer 30th Apr 2021 07:34

.

How the Australian Government wants to play this bubble is up to the Australian Government, but once you are in a travel bubble you are at the mercy of the way the other countries operate themselves.[/QUOTE]

That’s an arrogant position coming from someone who can’t be bothered reading our rules yet I have read yours. The bubble is a partnership mate. Don’t worry this matter has the attention of our governments both federal and state. I for one am comfortable with how NZ treats it’s aircrew. That is, with respect and trust. It’s the Australian Government and to a lesser degree the State Governments that I have issue with.
Take care. Stay safe and don’t cough.

jrfsp 30th Apr 2021 07:35

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-...erth/100108244

Another breach.....very low risk from the cook islands luckily but how have they not got these systems worked out

josephfeatherweight 30th Apr 2021 07:50


A lot of kiwis won’t be travelling purely because they see things like this happening and instantly assume the whole of Australia is just full of incompetents.
We seem to be doing our utmost best to solidify that concept...

Troo believer 30th Apr 2021 08:18

The same for Australians. They need some pilots to fix it up. 😀

“Passenger Karen Leech said she had been told by another passenger that there was a man on the flight who had recently been in Rarotonga but had not quarantined in New Zealand as required.”

"He managed to somehow get onto the flight from Auckland to Perth," she said.

So who dropped the ball here? Was it Australia or New Zealand?

SHVC 1st May 2021 08:34

WA has announced two positive C-19 test. Why is there a short sharp snap lock down for 3 days announced immediately? Whats changed behind the scenes is he worried WA people might actually not like him anymore

Chronic Snoozer 1st May 2021 09:51


Originally Posted by SHVC (Post 11036838)
WA has announced two positive C-19 test. Why is there a short sharp snap lock down for 3 days announced immediately? Whats changed behind the scenes is he worried WA people might actually not like him anymore

It’s three positive tests I believe. The reason a lockdown was not immediately ordered is because partial restrictions were already in place when the guard was infectious in the community reducing the risk of transmission somewhat.

WingNut60 1st May 2021 12:58


Originally Posted by Chronic Snoozer (Post 11036870)
Itís three positive tests I believe. The reason a lockdown was not immediately ordered is because partial restrictions were already in place when the guard was infectious in the community reducing the risk of transmission somewhat.

..................and there's a Western Derby AFL game scheduled tomorrow.

Chronic Snoozer 1st May 2021 15:02


Originally Posted by WingNut60 (Post 11036943)
..................and there's a Western Derby AFL game scheduled tomorrow.

Yeah, that too. Any lockdown won't come into force until after full time. :rolleyes:

Ex FSO GRIFFO 2nd May 2021 00:22

This morning's radio 2GB (SY) announcing that the DIRECT flights between PER - AUK cancelled for the time being.

And I DO hope to be going to the WA Derby at Perth's Optus Oval this arvo.....Wearing a mask of course....

Further announcements by WA Gummint to be made later this morning.....We shall see what we shall see...

Angle of Attack 2nd May 2021 00:39

But Scomo and Dutton said hotel quarantine is 99.99% effective? Oh yeah thatís right 99% plus are not infected with COVID to start with so itís a free 99% before they even start. The AMA was saying the escapes are now approaching 1 in 100 when you do the stats on actual positive cases compared to leaks. I still believe the 2 year rule, these muppet politicians take 2 years to actually fix problems properly, both State and Federal, they have 11 months to go....

Angle of Attack 2nd May 2021 01:48

And I’m loving McGowan now feeling the pressure, it’s very easy to throw stones at other States but far different when you actually have to do something. Statistics speak louder than words and it’s now obvious that WA hotel quarantine is the worst in the country, they hardly take anyone compared to other states yet they leak like a submarine with fly screens. If McGowan was true to his word he would lock down again, but I think he is finding it a bit harder politically when the shoe is on the other foot. What are you waiting for? destroy the virus lock it down premier! Lol...That’s what you were lecturing every other state with last year?

Green.Dot 2nd May 2021 02:16

Yeah stop playing ďwhack-a-moleĒ McClown.

His flog status has reached epic levels.

Ex FSO GRIFFO 2nd May 2021 02:56

Yeah Well......Just held a Press Conference....and announced......NO AUDIENCE ATTENDANCE at the WA DERBY this arvo..!!

Boo - Hoo Some WA Voters will NOT like this I reckon. But then, is it 'better' to inconvenience some 45,000 fans , rather then the 'Thousands' affected by a lockdown..??..

So, there is NO "LOCKDOWN" for the Perth / Peel Region.....BUT.....NO Footy Audience....

(Blamed on the 'crush' of people getting to / from the game on trains busses etc and the 'walking crush' at the game entries / exits etc)

blubak 2nd May 2021 03:16


Originally Posted by Angle of Attack (Post 11037195)
And Iím loving McGowan now feeling the pressure, itís very easy to throw stones at other States but far different when you actually have to do something. Statistics speak louder than words and itís now obvious that WA hotel quarantine is the worst in the country, they hardly take anyone compared to other states yet they leak like a submarine with fly screens. If McGowan was true to his word he would lock down again, but I think he is finding it a bit harder politically when the shoe is on the other foot. What are you waiting for? destroy the virus lock it down premier! Lol...Thatís what you were lecturing every other state with last year?

You could see this coming,it was just a matter of when.
Mismanagement certainly caused what happened in victoria but when you continually bleat how good you are,1 day the tide will turn against you & now it has happened.
He has decided there will be no crowds at the footy today in perth but there are no new cases today.
Is this his way of saying our hotels are high risk but we will divert attention away from that by putting the public focus on a footy match.
I guess he will also try & blame the feds again & not without cause as all the feds do is stand back & play politics whilst telling us what a great job they are doing a la the vaccination program.

WingNut60 2nd May 2021 03:18


Originally Posted by Angle of Attack (Post 11037195)
........they hardly take anyone compared to other states ...........

Can't comment on the rest of your argument but I believe that this part of it is simply not correct.
It is a common claim on this thread but is does not accord at all with the counter-claim.

WA claims that, on a per capita basis, it has taken MORE than any of the other states.
Either someone is telling porkies or someone thinks that "per capita" is not relevant and only raw numbers matter.

I believe that it is relevant.
I think that ability to accept returnees needs to be proportionate to availability of facilities and that availability of facilities is probably proportionate to population.
Unless someone has evidence to the contrary then I think that is exactly what WA has done + some.


SandyPalms 2nd May 2021 03:33

How many WA is taking is irrelevant. It's the fact that the WA system keeps leaking that matters. He is failing. And judging by the calls on talkback radio after last weekend, the public are waking up.

Fonz121 2nd May 2021 03:40


Originally Posted by SandyPalms (Post 11037216)
How many WA is taking is irrelevant. It's the fact that the WA system keeps leaking that matters. He is failing. And judging by the calls on talkback radio after last weekend, the public are waking up.

Listening to a bunch of conservative boomers is hardly the litmus test needed to form any kind of public opinion consensus on WAís Covid policies.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:31.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.