PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific-90/)
-   -   All borders to reopen. (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific/632861-all-borders-reopen.html)

SOPS 12th Aug 2021 05:50

And the morons from Sydney continue to surprise ……


https://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...4bbb33318d3e3c

43Inches 12th Aug 2021 05:51


Exactly 43, thats exactly whats happening. The so called 'National Cabinet' needs to come clean, let the people that elected them see the documents they base their decisions on. They are Public Servants, not Dictators. Your 'sweeping' responses are a farce for the rest of the community that have their own intelligence!
Ermm, when I post the documents for all to see the nutters just say its not correct and the government are lieing. So it would be a waste of money for them to post anymore because, most of the community trust they are doing the right thing, and those that don't wont trust them to release the truth anyway. The conspiracy theorist will always see a conspiracy, so you just ignore that part of the community and let them rant, is the usual government methodology.

43Inches 12th Aug 2021 06:11


Most of the community trust what they are doing?

Like I said, your sweeping statements are a farce!

Im not going to engage with you
They are sweeping statements as what happens on state and federal levels is about what the majority of the community want. And the general view from surveys is that the majority support what is being done.

70% of Victorians approve of the way Premier Andrews is handling his job, but 76% say the Victorian Government should compensate small business - Roy Morgan Research

A poll taken during Melbourne's long lockdown last year.

?Mortgage stress? near record low in mid-2021 - Roy Morgan Research

Mortgage stress also down this year.

I could dig up more statistical facts, but you would just regard them as sweeping statements.

43Inches 12th Aug 2021 06:19


Its people like yourselves that refuse to know the truth. Whats more disturbing, is that your pushing an Anti-Vaxx / Conspiracy campaign. If you believe in Extinction Rebellion, in which you probably do, we are all going to die anyway so.. Who cares!!
What a weird and wonderful conclusion. All the things that you seem to be standing for you accuse us of?

Dannyboy39 12th Aug 2021 06:19


Originally Posted by 43Inches (Post 11093863)
They are sweeping statements as what happens on state and federal levels is about what the majority of the community want. And the general view from surveys is that the majority support what is being done.

70% of Victorians approve of the way Premier Andrews is handling his job, but 76% say the Victorian Government should compensate small business - Roy Morgan Research

A poll taken during Melbourne's long lockdown last year.

?Mortgage stress? near record low in mid-2021 - Roy Morgan Research

Mortgage stress also down this year.

I could dig up more statistical facts, but you would just regard them as sweeping statements.

I wish people (including politicians) wouldn’t put as much credence on these straw polls… there was a poll in the U.K. recently that said 20-25% of people didn’t want nightclubs to open again or borders to ever open, Covid or not.

43Inches 12th Aug 2021 06:23


I wish people (including politicians) wouldn’t put as much credence on these straw polls… there was a poll in the U.K. recently that said 20-25% of people didn’t want nightclubs to open again or borders to ever open, Covid or not.
There is nothing wrong with that poll, I could imagine many religious and other pious members of society have those feelings. The fact they are only 25% means they should not be catered for. Prohibition happened in the US because of those types getting into power. Using that to discredit poll statistics is wrong, the poll is what it is. The accuracy depends on the credibility of the poll method and sample size.

Polls/Surveys are essential for governance, you cant hold a referendum for every decision. But you do need to ensure most are in the public interest.

SOPS 12th Aug 2021 06:27


Originally Posted by Blackout (Post 11093864)
Morons from Sydney?

Your another farce.

You people are filled with nothing but emotion, are rude and its becoming quite disturbing.

Ive noticed their are just a small bunch of people on here, tagging each other along, abusing everyone else and have no idea really about the bigger picture.

Its people like yourselves that refuse to know the truth. Whats more disturbing, is that your pushing an Anti-Vaxx / Conspiracy campaign. If you believe in Extinction Rebellion, in which you probably do, we are all going to die anyway so.. Who cares!!

You are so wrong. How am I pushing an anti vaxx campaign ?? I’m fully vaxed. As for Extinction Rebellion .., spare me!!!

However if people want this lock down madness to end, people have to stop moving around while they are infectious and get vaccinated. What’s so hard about that!

And please Blackout explain the ‘truth’ that we refuse to know.

43Inches 12th Aug 2021 06:32


I was referring to this bunch pushing your an anti vaccs / conspiracy theorist if you dont follow and believe the diatribe coming from their keyboard mouths.
You only get called out if you make a statement that is disagreed with. If you want to debate it, come up with evidence of your argument and show us you are right. Modern society evolves through debate of topics, not just one statement and that's it. My sweeping statements as you see fit to call them come from statistical data, no emotion or creative mental gymnastics going on.

Emotive would be saying "everyone is going broke and suiciding" when the data sets say the complete opposite. Another emotive statement would be

The so called 'National Cabinet' needs to come clean, let the people that elected them see the documents they base their decisions on. They are Public Servants, not Dictators.
As its based on your thought that some conspiracy happening and no actual fact of collusion or wrongdoing.

If you feel down and out, see a doctor, chat with some friends, don't go saying everyone else is the same.

Paragraph377 12th Aug 2021 06:40

43 inches also believes that Greta Thunberg, Elon Musk, Richard Branson and Bill Gates are well meaning intellects, almost visionaries, who absolutely know better than any other human being on earth.

I've said it before - politicians/governments are the biggest bunch of lying, deceitful bullshit peddling parasites on this planet. They spin, twist, deflect and manipulate at every given opportunity. How any adult in this day and age could believe a single word, report or statistic that these people produce is absolutely beyond me. And to add to that - apparently they care about our wellbeing? HA HA HA. Nothing they do is for the little person. It is always about self interest, self preservation and self entitlement.
Cloud cuckoo land has blanketed so many it is frightening.





Lead Balloon 12th Aug 2021 06:41


[T]here is no evidence of extra bankruptcies, suicides etc. ...

House prices are up, inflation is creeping up, unemployment is down. A survey of businesses has found 20% of business is struggling to find enough workforce etc etc.

If you are a Pilot, well these are the hard times the old pilots have talked about. Part of the job, boom bust etc.

Now there were some extra bankruptcy protections added in 2020, but the rate should have been much higher by now with the 6 month period ended for the first round.

[W]hat happens on state and federal levels is about what the majority of the community want. And the general view from surveys is that the majority support what is being done.

Mortgage stress also down this year.
Then it must follow that Australia should continue with random international and state border closures and capital city shutdowns, indefinitely, etc etc. They are evidently 'good' for us. Your statistical facts prove it.

43Inches 12th Aug 2021 06:42

Now here is some questions for those so opposite;

One, What is the conspiracy being brought upon us, that is, what does each state government gain by locking us down as opposed to allowing free and open business?

Two, What will you learn from getting to view the minutes from national cabinet meetings (other than government meetings are awkward and boring)?

Three, What would be your solution to the problem at hand, instead of lockdown that is and border closures?


43Inches 12th Aug 2021 06:46


Then it must follow that Australia should continue with random international and state border closures and capital city shutdowns, indefinitely, etc etc. They are evidently 'good' for us. Your statistical facts prove it.
Statistical fact does mean all could not be better, that is twisting the meaning. My reasoning is all is not that bad, and that the lockdown while having some effect are not doom and gloom.

I spose Its trying to move people from glass half empty to glass half full. The glass is still less full than it could be, but it definitely ain't a depression out there, it doesn't even qualify as a recession anymore.

Paragraph377 12th Aug 2021 06:54


Originally Posted by 43Inches (Post 11093881)
Statistical fact does mean all could not be better, that is twisting the meaning. My reasoning is all is not that bad, and that the lockdown while having some effect are not doom and gloom.

I spose Its trying to move people from glass half empty to glass half full. The glass is still less full than it could be, but it definitely ain't a depression out there, it doesn't even qualify as a recession anymore.

OMG. “Twisting the meaning”. I’ve read everything now. You e lost your argument with that statement mate. And and we aren’t in a depression or recession because wait for it, you say so! Gold! If that’s the case and everything is good, go ask the Reserve Governor as to why they are printing money. Go on. Give him a call. FFS. Stick with your glass half full dream. You obviously need that comfort blanket.

Lead Balloon 12th Aug 2021 06:54

43Inches

Your questions are framed in way that suggest anyone who disagrees with you is a conspiracy theorist.

First, the efforts of all governments are aimed at saving an estimated 30,000 lives. Unfortunately, they are half-arsed efforts and may end up with the worst of both worlds (subject of course to your statistical facts showing that the economy is going great guns doing fine). They are 'lockdowns' in name only. The borders aren't 'closed'.

Secondly, transparency, even if demonstrating that the minuted meeting was awkward and boring, used to be a 'thing' in a liberal democracy.

Thirdly, do what the words mean. "Lockdown". "Close" the borders. Then we'll see how your statistical facts and the popularity of the state premiers go.

43Inches 12th Aug 2021 06:55


43 inches also believes that Greta Thunberg, Elon Musk, Richard Branson and Bill Gates are well meaning intellects, almost visionaries, who absolutely know better than any other human being on earth.
I don't know any of them personally, only one I dislike is Branson, just a rich moron. Gates at least has donated most of his wealth, as a person don't know the guy. Thunberg, good on her, having the guts to stand up for what you believe in at that age, anyone that wants to attack her cause shes a young girl talking about world issues get over it, I think you just have inferiority complexes or just feel emasculated because she has more balls than most men, have to say I havn't heard or listened to much of what she's said, but she's welcome to any opinion. Musk, not sure on him, rich like Branson, seems more philanthropic, other than that acted like a goose when the Thais didn't want his submarine.

Not sure what my views on them amounts to, but there you go...

43Inches 12th Aug 2021 07:00


Your questions are framed in way that suggest anyone who disagrees with you is a conspiracy theorist.
Simply because if you read back a large proportion of those against have mentioned at some point there is some conspiracy happening, hence the lockdowns. Most others have provided some form of reasoning to their thinking and broadened the debate.

F

First, the efforts of all governments are aimed at saving an estimated 30,000 lives. Unfortunately, they are half-arsed efforts and may end up with the worst of both worlds (subject of course to your statistical facts showing that the economy is going great guns). They are 'lockdowns' in name only. The borders aren't 'closed'.
Never said the economy was going great guns, I said it was doing fine.



OMG. “Twisting the meaning”. I’ve read everything now. You e lost your argument with that statement mate. And and we aren’t in a depression or recession because wait for it, you say so! Gold! If that’s the case and everything is good, go ask the Reserve Governor as to why they are printing money. Go on. Give him a call. FFS. Stick with your glass half full dream. You obviously need that comfort blanket.
You sound like you just jumped off the deep end there, are you OK?

Technical Recession is measured as two quarters of negative growth, the economy grew in the March quarter so no, not my opinion. There's also markers based on employment and Australia is well ahead on that. And if an economy is not even in recession its hardly going to be in Depression.

BTW answered earlier the difference between Australia and the US in spending stimulus during the pandemic, we are currently spending less than half per capita than the USA in proping up our economy. Which is why inflation in the US is kicking off up to 5 % now.

Paragraph377 12th Aug 2021 10:03


Originally Posted by 43Inches (Post 11093886)
Simply because if you read back a large proportion of those against have mentioned at some point there is some conspiracy happening, hence the lockdowns. Most others have provided some form of reasoning to their thinking and broadened the debate.

F

Never said the economy was going great guns, I said it was doing fine.




You sound like you just jumped off the deep end there, are you OK?

Technical Recession is measured as two quarters of negative growth, the economy grew in the March quarter so no, not my opinion. There's also markers based on employment and Australia is well ahead on that. And if an economy is not even in recession its hardly going to be in Depression.

BTW answered earlier the difference between Australia and the US in spending stimulus during the pandemic, we are currently spending less than half per capita than the USA in proping up our economy. Which is why inflation in the US is kicking off up to 5 % now.

Inflation is out of control in the USA, Europe and Australia. That actually isn’t a good thing. You really think all these nations have sustainable debt levels? I don’t think so. Printing money (QE), negative interest rates, they are all just desperate measures to keep the reaper away. Just kicking the can farther down the road. A reckoning there will be. The ponzi scheme will come crashing down, maybe not this month or this year, but it is inevitable. Bubbles galore - bonds, vehicles, housing. The clock is ticking. Anyway, it was fun sparring, each to their own and best wishes and all of that stuff. Cheers



A320 Flyer 12th Aug 2021 10:37


Originally Posted by Paragraph377 (Post 11093943)
Inflation is out of control in the USA, Europe and Australia. That actually isn’t a good thing. You really think all these nations have sustainable debt levels? I don’t think so. Printing money (QE), negative interest rates, they are all just desperate measures to keep the reaper away. Just kicking the can farther down the road. A reckoning there will be. The ponzi scheme will come crashing down, maybe not this month or this year, but it is inevitable. Bubbles galore - bonds, vehicles, housing. The clock is ticking. Anyway, it was fun sparring, each to their own and best wishes and all of that stuff. Cheers

Jesus you must get a lot of dinner invitations…..

MickG0105 12th Aug 2021 11:21


Originally Posted by Paragraph377 (Post 11093943)
Inflation is out of control in the USA, Europe and Australia.

Out of control?!

The annual inflation rate for the US for the 12 months ending April 2021 was 4.2 percent, for the 12 months ending May it was 5.0 percent, for June 5.4 percent and for July it was similarly 5.4 percent. In other words, after rising steeply earlier in the year as the economy recovered inflation is showing signs of plateauing.

In Europe the annual inflation rate for the 12 months ending April was 2.0 percent, for the 12 months ending June it was 2.2 percent. Neither particularly high nor showing signs of being out of control.

In Australia the annual inflation rate for the 12 months ending June was 3.8 percent, with nearly half of that headline rate coming from the September quarter 2020 bounce back of 1.6 percent (the preceding quarter, June 2020 was -1.9 percent). That 1.6 percent will drop out of the 12 monthly calculation when the next quarter's rates are calculated. With underlying inflation running at around 1.6 percent our September quarter's annual inflation rate will likely be around 3 percent, falling to around 2.8 percent by the end of the year.

SOPS 12th Aug 2021 12:12

At the risk of Blackout making wild accusations……

Idiots from Sydney continue to crate chaos … this girl should be in jail.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-...urce/100373210

KRviator 12th Aug 2021 22:42

Maybe it's about time a business owner who has lost $$ due to the lockdowns takes their own civil action against one of these scrotes? Being declared bankrupt just might be enough to put them off, because it seems the $1000 fine sure ain't cutting it.

I'm also interested to know this birds ethnicity, because so far few-to-none of these overt rule-breakers seem to be particularly 'Australian' if you go by their names or faces...

Lead Balloon 12th Aug 2021 23:08

And naturally a stack of Canberrans bugged out to the south coast to avoid the 'lockdown'.

Standby for cases in Batemans Bay and surrounds.

So half-arsed.

layman 12th Aug 2021 23:23

KRviator

Profiling using names & faces mightn’t tell you much

Had an Indian born & educated student with a very English name (something like John Brown)

Also had many Australian born & raised students with names like Sabah, Dimitar, Najeev...

Or are you thinking of the Deputy-Premier’s daughter (& friends) breaking isolation to party in Queanbeyan?

Cafe City 12th Aug 2021 23:57


Originally Posted by Lead Balloon (Post 11094221)
And naturally a stack of Canberrans bugged out to the south coast to avoid the 'lockdown'.

Standby for cases in Batemans Bay and surrounds.

So half-arsed.

Including all the pollies who just about trampled each other in the rush to get to the airport to get back to their home States in time!
Pity the bunch of ass-clowns didn’t get stuck there or caught up in isolation.

Paragraph377 13th Aug 2021 00:13


Originally Posted by MickG0105 (Post 11093972)
Out of control?!

The annual inflation rate for the US for the 12 months ending April 2021 was 4.2 percent, for the 12 months ending May it was 5.0 percent, for June 5.4 percent and for July it was similarly 5.4 percent. In other words, after rising steeply earlier in the year as the economy recovered inflation is showing signs of plateauing.

In Europe the annual inflation rate for the 12 months ending April was 2.0 percent, for the 12 months ending June it was 2.2 percent. Neither particularly high nor showing signs of being out of control.

In Australia the annual inflation rate for the 12 months ending June was 3.8 percent, with nearly half of that headline rate coming from the September quarter 2020 bounce back of 1.6 percent (the preceding quarter, June 2020 was -1.9 percent). That 1.6 percent will drop out of the 12 monthly calculation when the next quarter's rates are calculated. With underlying inflation running at around 1.6 percent our September quarter's annual inflation rate will likely be around 3 percent, falling to around 2.8 percent by the end of the year.

Well the OECD doesn’t necessarily agree that there is a guarantee of an inflation slowdown or a plateau likely globally. Highest levels since 2008 is hardly ‘under control’.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....ecd/index.html




MickG0105 13th Aug 2021 01:16


Originally Posted by Paragraph377 (Post 11094249)
Well the OECD doesn’t necessarily agree that there is a guarantee of an inflation slowdown or a plateau likely globally. Highest levels since 2008 is hardly ‘under control’.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....ecd/index.html

The OECD may not agree that there is a "guarantee" of an inflation slowdown or a plateau but that is most assuredly their oft stated expectation. Did you not read the following in the very article that you have provided a link to?


The OECD expects the jump in inflation will fade by the end of the year as supply chains disrupted by the pandemic get back up to speed and production capacity returns to normal.
"The OECD expects the jump in inflation will fade by the end of the year ..."

A fairly clear statement and one that reflects the view outlined previously in the OECD Economic Outlook, Volume 2021 Issue 1


A new, much-debated risk is the possibility of higher inflation. Commodity prices have been rising fast. Bottlenecks in some sectors and disruptions to trade are creating price tensions. These disruptions should start to fade towards the end of the year, as production capacity normalises and consumption rebalances from goods towards services.
And the expected slowdown in inflationary pressures is baked into the OECD's inflation forecasts for 2022,

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune....8a749b0bbd.jpg

Does that look "out of control"?

PoppaJo 13th Aug 2021 02:12

FUBAR.....yep

Chronic Snoozer 13th Aug 2021 02:16


Originally Posted by MickG0105 (Post 11094261)
The OECD may not agree that there is a "guarantee" of an inflation slowdown or a plateau but that is most assuredly their oft stated expectation. Did you not read the following in the very article that you have provided a link to?



"The OECD expects the jump in inflation will fade by the end of the year ..."

A fairly clear statement and one that reflects the view outlined previously in the OECD Economic Outlook, Volume 2021 Issue 1



And the expected slowdown in inflationary pressures is baked into the OECD's inflation forecasts for 2022,

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune....8a749b0bbd.jpg

Does that look "out of control"?

Just keep printing money then I guess.....now where's my wheelbarrow?

43Inches 13th Aug 2021 02:42

Interesting that Australia copied the US inflation at a lower rate through to 2021, and then diverged lower at Q2 2021. That's despite the US having vastly different response to Australia. I assume US stayed higher due to the Stimulus cheques kicking in around March 2021, hence the divergence. Also everything post Q2 2021 is a forecast so a best guess at what it will be. It could keep climbing.

Dannyboy39 13th Aug 2021 04:10

What has inflation got to do with border restrictions?

Anyway, in the news here in the U.K. today is ECB CEO Tom Harrison is talking to the Australian government about the possibility of players families joining the England cricket team for the Ashes which start in December.

In essence, if this doesn’t happen - the Ashes will
not go ahead this year.

Do I expect any compassion or flexibility - when they subject athletes to 28 day quarantine… err no.

SOPS 13th Aug 2021 04:30

And…even if you are from WA but stuck in NSW, unless you have had one Covid vax and a negative test, you are no longer allowed into Western Australia.

English cricket players families, I doubt it.

neville_nobody 13th Aug 2021 04:34

Well it looks like this whole border situation has become unhinged.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/mcgo...13-p58ihr.html



WA supercharges border rules under ‘high’ and ‘extreme’ risk categories

Western Australia will place its harshest measures yet on travellers from COVID-infected states, including having to prove they have received at least one vaccine dose and have recorded a negative PCR test in the three days before their departure.

The changes come under an overhaul of WA’s COVID-19 state classifications, which include stricter testing and vaccine rules under its ‘high risk’ category and the introduction of an ‘extreme risk’ category that will see travellers having to complete two weeks hotel quarantine.

The changes are the most significant boosts to border controls since the hard border was introduced at the beginning of the pandemic and come as New South Wales announced a record 390 new cases and two more deaths.

The new high-risk category will be triggered when a state records a daily average of 50 new community cases, while the extreme risk category will be declared when an average of 500 new community cases is recorded.

The new rules will only apply to people who have an exemption to enter the state, but with 61 people driving from New South Wales on Thursday and 41 people expected on Friday, Mr McGowan said there was still a significant risk.

Mr McGowan said New South Wales would be upgraded to ‘high risk’ on August 17.

“What is happening in New South Wales continues to be a growing concern for their own citizens and for the entire country, given it is continually seeding the virus into other states,” he said.

“These criteria are very tough, this hasn’t been done before in Australia ... we’ve done it for other overseas countries, we haven’t done it between the states, but I think it’s entirely fair.

“These are tough measures, but they’re necessary to protect the state, and they’re needed, as soon as possible.”

Chief Health Officer Andy Robertson, who provided the health advice informing the new border rules, said the testing and vaccine proof requirements were introduced to reduce infection risks.

“We know that that vaccines do reduce both the infection rate of somebody who’s vaccinated and obviously the spread from that person. This was a good opportunity to actually strengthen that and decrease the risk of importation into WA,” he said.

Under the new high-risk rules, approved travellers will be subject to all medium-risk restrictions as well as proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test in the 72 hours prior to their departure, proof of at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, and the requirement to use the G2G Now app while in quarantine.

Approved travellers under the new extreme risk category will also be required to complete two weeks of mandatory hotel quarantine at a state facility and also receive an additional COVID-19 test on day five.

For ‘extreme risk’ situations, exemptions will be restricted to only Commonwealth state and specialist functions.

However, for the high-risk category compassionate exemption guidelines will be adjusted to allow stranded West Australians to return home.

What it’s saying is if you are a Western Australian in New South Wales and you’re despairing about coming home, it gives you a pathway to come back provided you are vaccinated,” Mr McGowan said.

He also announced from midnight Friday, the ACT would be designated a ‘medium risk’ jurisdiction, which will restrict travel to WA to exempted travellers only and require them to self-isolate for 14 days.

South Australia will also be downgraded to a low-risk category, which will allow travel without exemption but also requires 14 days self-isolation.

DirectAnywhere 13th Aug 2021 04:51

Just taken me four days to get a result so not sure how effective that is going to be.

Turnleft080 13th Aug 2021 05:09


Originally Posted by DirectAnywhere (Post 11094302)
Just taken me four days to get a result so not sure how effective that is going to be.

If you get tested at a airport station, tell them your flight crew or hold an ASIC and they accelerate the process and you
get a result in 6 hours.

DirectAnywhere 13th Aug 2021 05:13

Sure, that might work for me but what about Joe Public who needs a negative result within the previous 72 hours to enter WA? I think my wait was a bit longer than average but the wheels are coming off in NSW - make no mistake. There is a struggle now to maintain public transport services with hundreds of workers in isolation.

Turnleft080 13th Aug 2021 05:32


Originally Posted by DirectAnywhere (Post 11094308)
Sure, that might work for me but what about Joe Public who needs a negative result within the previous 72 hours to enter WA? I think my wait was a bit longer than average but the wheels are coming off in NSW - make no mistake. There is a struggle now to maintain public transport services with hundreds of workers in isolation.

The last 18 months has laid the foundation for more red tape. The states are holding this country to ransom. The rest of the world are now
antigen testing. That could be done here, but no, to busy squabbling, over it's accuracy which is very high.

PoppaJo 13th Aug 2021 05:50

This really is the start of what is going to be a long road ahead for the newly exiled NSW.

Nobody will want a bar of them for god knows how long.

I’d be happy for all states to firm up the border even with extreme measures to get the remainder of the domestic market moving again. We need to cut them off and get what’s left open and flowing again.

SOPS 13th Aug 2021 06:12


Originally Posted by DirectAnywhere (Post 11094308)
Sure, that might work for me but what about Joe Public who needs a negative result within the previous 72 hours to enter WA? I think my wait was a bit longer than average but the wheels are coming off in NSW - make no mistake. There is a struggle now to maintain public transport services with hundreds of workers in isolation.

Gladys did not want to lock down to protect the economy. What she did not seem to realise was the fact if you have a lot of sick people, you don’t have an economy.

compressor stall 13th Aug 2021 06:46


Originally Posted by Turnleft080 (Post 11094305)
If you get tested at a airport station, tell them your flight crew or hold an ASIC and they accelerate the process and you get a result in 6 hours.

Even better would be some enlightened airports around the world where it’s a 60 minute PCR turnaround. That’s full PCR, not the lessser antigen.

blubak 13th Aug 2021 08:21


Originally Posted by PoppaJo (Post 11094316)
This really is the start of what is going to be a long road ahead for the newly exiled NSW.

Nobody will want a bar of them for god knows how long.

I’d be happy for all states to firm up the border even with extreme measures to get the remainder of the domestic market moving again. We need to cut them off and get what’s left open and flowing again.

That is a real possibility,the borders into every other state from nsw are going to be as tightly controlled as possible & by doing that it will hopefully enable most of the other states to open up to each other.
Daniel Andrews said today he would have thought it wasnt too hard for airlines to check permits of people flying from nsw to other destinations & i must say i agree with him,isnt it in the interests of the airlines to stop people flying to places they shouldnt be going to & help stop the spread which ultimately will get other borders & states open to each other.


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:20.


Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.