Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Network EBA

Old 28th Feb 2023, 03:24
  #101 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Cill
Posts: 63
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can't help but totally agree that Network crew shouldn't help and you'd see a pretty fast improvement.

What strategic imperatives where needed to secure more A320s during EBA negotiations?

Half yearly results indicate up to 24. Who's going to fly them?

The remainder of the group pilot groups are relying on Network. If you get paid more - the wedge is dead.
ShandywithSugar is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2023, 12:13
  #102 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Burpelson AFB
Posts: 46
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I really wish people would proof read their posts
Jack D. Ripper is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2023, 23:40
  #103 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Goblin Town
Posts: 104
Likes: 0
Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Does Network have cover for A320 red-eye flights in their EBA...if not, may very well want to get it in place soonest
RealSatoshi is offline  
Old 3rd Mar 2023, 19:32
  #104 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 359
Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts
Simple solution to all your woes. Advise the QF IR Team of the following non negotiable ĎStrategic Imperativesí:

1. An increase to the work on a Day off Payment to $1,200.
2. Include an allowance for any duty changes within 14 days of at least $500.
3. Increase the number of days off per roster period.
4. Improve protections around days off - 2 RDOs equal at least 65 hours free of duty.
5. The ability to refuse any duty changes within 14 days.

Failure to meet these non negotiable strategic imperatives in 14 days will result in PIA which will include refusing to work days off. Refusal of all MELs and full approaches flown including hold on every sector.

Do this and youíll have a somewhat respectable EA within 6 weeks.
aussieflyboy is offline  
Old 3rd Mar 2023, 20:51
  #105 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: australia
Posts: 25
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Angel

Spot on Aussiedlyboy!

Time for the Magestic chickens to either Grow a set of wings and fight for a decent agreement or simply continue hunting through the waste land looking for the Chip happy working under a rubbish EA that adds fuel to the fire in the total race to the bottom industry we are against.
maverick4442 is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2023, 01:34
  #106 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Anvya
Posts: 98
Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Salary Update:

Airline Pilots in the US registered one of the highest average occupational salary increases in 2022, thanks to significant increases in regional pilot compensations.

Details: https://aerocrewnews.com/m2c0
KAPAC is online now  
Old 8th Mar 2023, 14:47
  #107 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Goblin Town
Posts: 104
Likes: 0
Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
If ONLY

American Airlines CEO Robert Isom

RealSatoshi is offline  
Old 9th Mar 2023, 04:58
  #108 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: nowhere
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Hell will freeze over before we see an email like that from Alan.
directsosij is offline  
Old 9th Mar 2023, 13:07
  #109 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Burpelson AFB
Posts: 46
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Almost as well paid as a QF A380 Captain………

Bet they work more though
Jack D. Ripper is offline  
Old 9th Mar 2023, 15:03
  #110 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Aus
Posts: 31
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack D. Ripper
Almost as well paid as a QF A380 CaptainÖÖÖ

Bet they work more though
Didnít realise a 380 skippers $850k+.

Didnít take them 25 years to get the WB command either.
abaderrr is offline  
Old 10th Mar 2023, 00:18
  #111 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Goblin Town
Posts: 104
Likes: 0
Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack D. Ripper
Almost as well paid as a QF A380 Captain………

Bet they work more though
For clarity, are you saying U$285 000 = U$590 000
RealSatoshi is offline  
Old 10th Mar 2023, 01:08
  #112 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Gafa
Posts: 189
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jack D. Ripper
Almost as well paid as a QF A380 CaptainÖÖÖ

Bet they work more though
Think itís a reference to a particularly weasly (even for him!) comment about some pilots earning more than AJ. What a blast from the past
Maggie Island is offline  
Old 25th Mar 2023, 05:33
  #113 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: A semi-detached 3x2
Posts: 70
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Itís important for everyone to realise that we may be standing at the precipice of a once in a generation opportunity to actually achieve some improvements in pay and conditions. Other threads indicate that the group is staring at a pretty small and disinterested pool of candidates (did someone say 10 applicants to jq following the latest ad?), the usual demographic problem and, of course, fierce competition from the US and elsewhere. Add to this expansion plans and other AOCs running close to capacity and dare I say we might be in the midst of a pilot shortage? (Maybe only technically so, but the advantage is as good as it gets).

For anyone new to the company I really really suggest reaching out to the union reps (whether or not you are a member- they certainly wonít make any hard sale about recruitment) or experienced crew. All big employers front load agreements with signing bonuses and, as youíd imagine , they reveal all you need to know about how good the underlying proposed agreement is. Although we have good negotiating conditions, there is a very real risk of losing lifestyle and pay here, and it doesnít matter how much you dig flying a jet, if we donít do something now, after a year or two your sick leave balance will be the most interesting part of your payslip- thatís a promise.
walesregent is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by walesregent:
Old 26th Mar 2023, 17:10
  #114 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: GAFA
Posts: 57
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dejapoo
Not a single person showed to recent interviews at this garbage dump of an outfit. Absolutely brilliant.
Anyone that goes to NAA is stoopid right now. The only people that join are mostly expecting a quick command, but will be disappointed. Itís interesting that thereís been many from JQ Vietnam join recently too. Following their buddies I guess?

Wait for a better offer from a company that values you, not the bottom of the barrel. Sure, theyíre getting more a/c but with the money they are offering itís a false economy. Do the math over 20-30 years, itís not worth it. Go for days off or money or flying experience, either way right now NAA isnít ticking any boxes for anyone.
kimbobimbo is online now  
The following 3 users liked this post by kimbobimbo:
Old 27th Mar 2023, 02:41
  #115 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Goblin Town
Posts: 104
Likes: 0
Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by walesregent
Itís important for everyone to realise that we may be standing at the precipice of a once in a generation opportunity to actually achieve some improvements in pay and conditions. Other threads indicate that the group is staring at a pretty small and disinterested pool of candidates (did someone say 10 applicants to jq following the latest ad?), the usual demographic problem and, of course, fierce competition from the US and elsewhere. Add to this expansion plans and other AOCs running close to capacity and dare I say we might be in the midst of a pilot shortage? (Maybe only technically so, but the advantage is as good as it gets).
From an outsiders perspective, Let's Just Be Frank...

The now expired by 2.5 years Network EBA consists of 25 pages - The soon to expire (31 August 2023) QF Short Haul EBA consists of 128 pages.

At this time, with everything in your favour and Multi-Employer Bargaining written into law...there is no excuse not to be presented with an EBA which in structure and detail mirrors the QF Short Haul EBA. The company will argue that operations are different and they are, but the protections and provisions sought and deserved are not - take the QF Short Haul EBA, copy the structure and fill in the blanks where there are real and tangible differences.

This is the first step for all group companies to get back on a level playing field, albeit only by protections and provisions. Any laissez fare attempt by a union not to present the pilot body with a well structured and planned EBA as illustrated above should be laughed at. The time to be respected in this industry is now, not tomorrow, not the next EBA. The end of the Financial Year is coming and there are some that will be hard pressed to make their KPI's by getting it signed, so as to secure another bonus and share allocation - don't be fooled.

Prepare now for what they are not telling you, as that is always where the danger in these things lie...think FRMS / International layovers / Red-eye flights / Fleet change...leave no stone unturned.

Good Luck!
RealSatoshi is offline  
Old 27th Mar 2023, 05:03
  #116 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mostly here, sometimes over there...
Posts: 323
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Spot-on RS and Wales!

You cats have to future-proof this dog before it bites you in the arse.

Last edited by Buttscratcher; 27th Mar 2023 at 05:52.
Buttscratcher is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Old 27th Mar 2023, 14:32
  #117 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
A huge part of the problem is that a large percentage of Pilots at Network have no intension of staying so they are either not in a union or don't care that much. They know QF Sydney is going to throw them under the bus (Alan has already said there is nothing more) so they are already moving to greener pastures or holding out for their mainline start date. Leaving everyone else who would like to stay with "F*** All" support. QF thinks they are saving money, but really, while they are patting themselves on the back, they are killing the goose that lays the golden egg. The rush for the door has already begun. This will adversely effect the whole group, not just Network.
DC1996 is offline  
Old 28th Mar 2023, 00:45
  #118 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: A semi-detached 3x2
Posts: 70
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DC1996
A huge part of the problem is that a large percentage of Pilots at Network have no intension of staying so they are either not in a union or don't care that much. They know QF Sydney is going to throw them under the bus (Alan has already said there is nothing more) so they are already moving to greener pastures or holding out for their mainline start date. Leaving everyone else who would like to stay with "F*** All" support. QF thinks they are saving money, but really, while they are patting themselves on the back, they are killing the goose that lays the golden egg. The rush for the door has already begun. This will adversely affect the whole group, not just Network.
I agree that people are planning to leave but Iím not sure I agree that they donít care. Unless everyone I speak to is concealing the truth a large number of new joiners like living in Perth and would happily stay (at least in the medium term) if Ts and Cs were to improve. I agree it would be better if they were to join a union (and better still if most were represented by a single union) but I donít think they are planning to grab and run. Even if they are planning to leave soon-ish they will still be working under the new agreement and could well do better out of it than they might do by getting the signing bonuses- particularly if they are waiting around for a mainline start date.
walesregent is offline  
Old 28th Mar 2023, 03:04
  #119 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 401
Likes: 0
Received 46 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by DC1996
A huge part of the problem is that a large percentage of Pilots at Network have no intension of staying so they are either not in a union or don't care that much. They know QF Sydney is going to throw them under the bus (Alan has already said there is nothing more) so they are already moving to greener pastures or holding out for their mainline start date. Leaving everyone else who would like to stay with "F*** All" support. QF thinks they are saving money, but really, while they are patting themselves on the back, they are killing the goose that lays the golden egg. The rush for the door has already begun. This will adversely affect the whole group, not just Network.
Iím sorry, but thatís an absolute load of horse shit.

It epitomises the Gen i attitude. ďWonít be my problem soon, so Iíll just shit on the people who are junior to me and who might work at Network one day in the future.Ē

It also proves my point earlier in the thread that Australian pilots have zero fkg concept that the lowest denominator on the pecking order controls not only their conditions, but to a large extent, those above them.

If people donít care because theyíre on the mainline hold file, theyíre pretty naive - because THEIR conditions at mainline into the future will be determined by how low the bottom of the industry is willing to go.

Make no mistake about it, Network pilots have a huge responsibility with this negotiation.

You only have to look at what happened at NJS. They got butt-hurt and scared with empty threats, and so they caved and signed a shit deal. Straight after, a whole bunch of them left because there was no long term future there. And the ones left behind who didnít have another plan are dealing with an absolute shit-show. Lastly, now the can has been kicked along the road and all other negotiations for group airlines and other Australian airlines have been made worse.

Please donít sell out on your mates, and on your own long term future. Stop being selfish children.

Regardless if youíve got a new job lined up, if you wouldnít work under those conditions into the future, donít vote it up. Youíre just pissing on the industry as a whole.

You accuse Qantas of killing the goose that laid the golden egg. The real golden egg here is the best bargaining position Australian airline pilots have been in for 30+ years. Network pilots saying ďfk you, Iím just gonna look after meĒ are actually the ones killing the goose.
Slippery_Pete is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Old 28th Mar 2023, 03:14
  #120 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Aus
Posts: 31
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Slippery_Pete
Iím sorry, but thatís an absolute load of horse shit.

It epitomises the Gen i attitude. ďWonít be my problem soon, so Iíll just shit on the people who are junior to me and who might work at Network one day in the future.Ē

It also proves my point earlier in the thread that Australian pilots have zero fkg concept that the lowest denominator on the pecking order controls not only their conditions, but to a large extent, those above them.

If people donít care because theyíre on the mainline hold file, theyíre pretty naive - because THEIR conditions at mainline into the future will be determined by how low the bottom of the industry is willing to go.

Make no mistake about it, Network pilots have a huge responsibility with this negotiation.

You only have to look at what happened at NJS. They got butt-hurt and scared with empty threats, and so they caved and signed a shit deal. Straight after, a whole bunch of them left because there was no long term future there. And the ones left behind who didnít have another plan are dealing with an absolute shit-show. Lastly, now the can has been kicked along the road and all other negotiations for group airlines and other Australian airlines have been made worse.

Please donít sell out on your mates, and on your own long term future. Stop being selfish children.

Regardless if youíve got a new job lined up, if you wouldnít work under those conditions into the future, donít vote it up. Youíre just pissing on the industry as a whole.

You accuse Qantas of killing the goose that laid the golden egg. The real golden egg here is the best bargaining position Australian airline pilots have been in for 30+ years. Network pilots saying ďfk you, Iím just gonna look after meĒ are actually the ones killing the goose.
Didn't the washed up mainline blokes recently do the exact same thing?
abaderrr is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.